Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for New York Mysteries: High Voltage Collector's Edition here!

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jun 6, 15 12:46 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 06/06/2015 at 9:12:42 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for New York Mysteries: High Voltage Collector's Edition here!

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Jun 6, 15 9:13 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting New York Mysteries: High Voltage Collector's Edition to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

In some cases, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums. In addition, some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. However, we're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. This is because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for New York Mysteries: High Voltage Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by 9otters on Jun 6, 15 11:33 AM
I've been having trouble exiting to the main menu. The "Menu" button just does not respond. The further I go, the more issues I have. The "Hint" button does not always respond no matter how long I wait. Having trouble backing out of scenes.

Right now the inventory has frozen in the locked down position. Can't back out of the scene. Because the Menu button was frozen I had to resort to the task manager to come here and list the issues.

LOVE this game but this is the THIRD CE GAME IN A ROW that I have had problems with. Customer Service is great. They keep giving me replacement coupon codes, but I'm totally frustrated. UGH.

PC, Windows 7 Home Professional 64 bit

Gonna try uninstalling...

Uninstalled. Reinstalled. Was able to back out of the scene.

I can look around, zoom in, and pick things up. I can travel via the map and look at the collectibles, achievements, and Diascope via the icons.

Inventory locked down and will not respond. Menu and Hint buttons are frozen and useless. Had to use the task manager to exit again.

Edited on 06/06/2015 at 10:13:16 PM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for New York Mysteries: High Voltage Collector's Edition here!

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on Jun 6, 15 3:19 PM
After hours of playing this awesome game, I got to a HOS and one of the items needed disappeared from my inventory. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it but still was missing that one item I needed to move forward.

This is the second game this week I have issues with. So very disheartening.

Windows 7 Ultimate, 32 GB, 2.9ghz

Edited on 06/06/2015 at 3:20:44 PM PST

kaz85802
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by kaz85802 on Jun 6, 15 3:57 PM
Think I might be experiencing the same issue as biscuitsmama - I'm at the HOS in the kitchen, and I've put the item in wax in the frying pan, which I think melts to give the fourth croissant needed for the bread bin lock. However, as soon as the item is in the frying pan, the screen zooms back and I can't select the (presumably) melted croissant. I've also tried uninstall/reinstall and I'm brought back to the same point. It's a good game, but I'd rather not go through it all again so soon! Any ideas or tips?

GirlPink
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by GirlPink on Jun 6, 15 6:29 PM
Menu button does not respond and inventory is locked down and I cannot access anything in it. I will restart but I am in the first scene, so this does not bode well for this game!

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Jun 6, 15 9:09 PM
Running this on a PC with Windows 8
Having the same problems as everyone else so far.

Cannot get the inventory back out of unlocking it.....and
cannot get the menu button to work.

This will be the third game in three weeks that I have gotten a replacement coupon for, and I bought this one with a replacement coupon.

Sigh, I hope we get a patch, post haste.

MissB59
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by MissB59 on Jun 6, 15 10:10 PM
I had to change the cursor and then I could use the hints and the menu buttons, However, on the 1st HO, I can't pick up the box cutter .. So glad I didn't buy this one ..

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on Jun 7, 15 1:13 AM
Yes, the cursor doesn't really work, I had to change to system cursor too. What is really annoying is the inventory problem: if you lock it, it happens, that you get stuck. I would love to buy this game, but not with these glitches.

Hope they will launch an update soon!

jaylake
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by jaylake on Jun 7, 15 2:25 AM
I too have the same problem in the kitchen HO. I am sure others will agree that this is disappointing for another good game.

I am rather reluctantly going to start the game again (not the same mind you) as I have found (and I dont know why) that sometimes works

Debala715
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Debala715 on Jun 7, 15 6:54 AM
I was doing the garage HO and once I finish the solar circuit board, the game crashes. I can go no further, because when I go back into the game, the same thing happens all over again.

I'm on a Mac, OS X Yosemite, version 10.10.3.

HolyCarp
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by HolyCarp on Jun 7, 15 10:09 AM
didn't even get through the trial....froze and had to give the 3 fingered salute to get out
Win 7 home pro 64 bit

Resolution Problems?

[Post New]by EmmSeven20 on Jun 7, 15 10:06 PM
Anyone else on a Mac have problems with resolution?

I played through most of the demo just fine in full screen, but then after installing the full version the resolution had changed. I tried to get to the options button but the cursor was semi frozen; this also meant I couldn't get to the quit button so I had to force it.

Additionally I noticed that upon installing the full version, the game manager app crashed. This is probably the fifth game I've installed this week and none of the other ones messed with the manager like this game did!

Mac OS X 10.7

Emm

UPDATE: Problem solved (sort of) by reinstalling then restarting my Mac. Once I did this I got back the resolution of 1366 x 768 instead of 1024 x 768.

The annoying thing is that I had to do this 3 more times throughout the rest of the game.

Edited on 06/10/2015 at 9:01:47 PM PST

winemumsy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by winemumsy on Jun 8, 15 1:49 AM
I'm having the same problem in the kitchen HO. Unable to pick up the 4th croissant from the frying pan. I'm running a Mac.

Petsitterkathy
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by Petsitterkathy on Jun 8, 15 8:25 AM
cellar hos
I have 2 items to find and I cant get them. The voltage box I can zoom in on, but that's it. I can't get the diagram needed to adjust the dials on machine on shelf and hint will not work on this scene. without this I am stuck and can't move on.

[Post New]by charlene5011 on Jun 8, 15 8:32 AM
Same problem as others in kitchen hos cant get the croussant

anon457
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by anon457 on Jun 8, 15 8:41 AM
I am having a problem with the cursor at the very beginning (before you press the "PLAY" button). If The cursor is in the top left side of the screen at startup it becomes trapped in an invisible 4" by 5" box and the cursor will be stopped in that invisible area from moving down to press "PLAY". The only way to do anything is to control/quit and restart the game trying to get the cursor somewhere other than the top left side. Am using a 2009 iMac running !0.8.5 . Everything is up to date.

kiminwa
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by kiminwa on Jun 8, 15 5:38 PM
Same issue with croissant in the kitchen HOS. Burner in place, pan on the burner, wax-encrusted croissant emblem in the pan. Can't turn the burner on, thus cannot get the emblem, so I can't place the emblem on the bread box to get the rest of the stained glass pieces. Stuck.

Using Widows 7 Home Premium

Athenatoo
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Athenatoo on Jun 8, 15 6:13 PM
I have Win 7 Professional, 64 bit

Not all of the onscreen buttons work; I can't get Strategy Guide to work at all,
and I sometimes have to move the cursor around to get other buttons
to work as well. I changed to "system cursor" and now I can't change back.

I did the beta test on this and never had any of these issues, which is why
I was looking forward to getting the game. Please help!

Bar80
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Bar80 on Jun 9, 15 1:19 AM
Need help with Kitchen HOP

I too am having a issue with obtaining that pesky croissant in the kitchen. Really, really didn't want to uninstall and reinstall the game. Unfortunately, restarting the game doesn't seem to work. If I had known it would have this many issues, I would have saved my money for something else. SIGH.

I have Windows 8.

Go to: