kristamvb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

my people need a glass of wine or something

[Post New]by kristamvb on Jun 25, 09 12:25 PM
... cause they've been married for awhile now and all they will do is embrace or get into an arguement! They refuse to have children even though both of them want one... sigh... maybe some wine would loosen them up a bit tho

asierrahiker
Marlin
Marlin
9,070 Posts

Re:my people need a glass of wine or something

[Post New]by asierrahiker on Jun 25, 09 12:33 PM
Yes, wine might help! They need something! LOL

Ignore their arguing and just keep plopping them together. I've had to do it several times in a row. Just break up their fight and go again... and again.... and again.

Lather, rinse, repeat. LOL

[Post New]by momof2wldboyz83 on Jun 25, 09 8:07 PM
Thats what I do. If I say make a baby... make one already!!!

diannb
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by diannb on Jun 26, 09 8:18 AM
I have a couple who were so stubborn about not making babies and were in their 40's and then they had TRIPLETS!

ferny7
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by ferny7 on Jun 26, 09 8:29 AM
you could try the baby boost, i have a couple who had a daughter, but no matter how they tried they couldnt have any more, so i gave the mum a baby boost then they had twin boys

kyliebert
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by kyliebert on Jun 27, 09 8:36 AM
If you by the patio when they sit down they will put a glass of wine on the table lol

lorie56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,872 Posts

[Post New]by lorie56 on Jun 27, 09 9:16 AM
asierrahiker wrote:Yes, wine might help! They need something! LOL

Ignore their arguing and just keep plopping them together. I've had to do it several times in a row. Just break up their fight and go again... and again.... and again.

Lather, rinse, repeat. LOL

Mine argue all the time, even the ones who both definitely want kids. I just keep putting them on top of each other and eventually they shut up and try to make a baby. Before you spend money on the baby boost, though, do a doctor's consultation on both of them to make sure they need it. One of my couples didn't need it, but it took a few tries before they did make a baby. I also had a couple where the man needed it and it also took a few tries until they had a baby.

Taltam1
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Taltam1 on Jun 27, 09 10:44 AM
Along with checking their health and seeing if they need a baby boost, make sure they are fed and rested. And use the colognes. Maybe the arguing is simply "rigorous" pre "making a baby" time....

jorob716
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by jorob716 on Jun 28, 09 2:46 AM
Guys, I've got my first family, 5th generation, $300,000+ dollars all the upgrades. Vic and Penni got married at 24 and 26. I've been trying to get them to have a baby since a few hours of their marriage. I've bought perfumes, baby boost, kept putting them together. They seemed to finally just go through the motions as they would jump up and down and briefly "do their thing", then both would just walk off to brush hair, watch t.v., swim in pool or something else. My problem is, their game is going to end soon because they don't have a child and they are 56 and 58. It makes me so angry at them (I know it's just a game) that they are throwing away 5 generations of hard work to get them where they are financially, etc.

Any suggestions on how to save this family?

Wish I could send them packing and bring one of the other siblings home and let them start a new family. I have 86 of 100 trophies . . . !?!?!?

[Post New]by MediaevalSage on Jun 28, 09 3:05 AM
I'm in the same position as you jorob716, although its 4th generation for me, mine are somewhat younger, so will keep trying the suggestions above to see what happens, Since this game began I've always had problems getting my couples even to have 1 child to carry on into the next generation, but somehow I've managed it so far, so heres hoping......

Toymentor
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Toymentor on Jun 28, 09 8:51 AM
Maybe I'm a little too hands on, but as soon as they get married, I baby boost them both (of course, I'm in further generations and have the money to do it) and don't even give them a chance to do their cake/flower ritual, I plunk them down to get the business end of their marraige going lol Some couples take quite a few times, but I don't give up until they stop arguing. Then as soon as they'll let me I make them do it again! Almost all of my families have 4 to 6 kids.

I think I'm developing a god complex LOL I was never this bad in the SIms.

lorie56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,872 Posts

[Post New]by lorie56 on Jun 28, 09 12:03 PM
jorob716 wrote:Guys, I've got my first family, 5th generation, $300,000+ dollars all the upgrades. Vic and Penni got married at 24 and 26. I've been trying to get them to have a baby since a few hours of their marriage. I've bought perfumes, baby boost, kept putting them together. They seemed to finally just go through the motions as they would jump up and down and briefly "do their thing", then both would just walk off to brush hair, watch t.v., swim in pool or something else. My problem is, their game is going to end soon because they don't have a child and they are 56 and 58. It makes me so angry at them (I know it's just a game) that they are throwing away 5 generations of hard work to get them where they are financially, etc.

Wish I could send them packing and bring one of the other siblings home and let them start a new family. I have 86 of 100 trophies . . . !?!?!?

At this point all you can hope for is an adoption. It can happen even at their age. I had couples who adopted when they were in their 60's. Unfortunately, baby boost doesn't guarantee a child. I'm trying to get six kids with one of my families, and after five, for some reason they aren't able to have the sixth. That would certainly upset me if I ended up with a couple who couldn't even have one child. I just started a 4th generation - the other families are 5th and 6th generations - so I have 85+ trophies on all my other familes.

asierrahiker
Marlin
Marlin
9,070 Posts

[Post New]by asierrahiker on Jun 28, 09 12:15 PM
jorob716 wrote:Guys, I've got my first family, 5th generation, $300,000+ dollars all the upgrades. Vic and Penni got married at 24 and 26. I've been trying to get them to have a baby since a few hours of their marriage. I've bought perfumes, baby boost, kept putting them together. They seemed to finally just go through the motions as they would jump up and down and briefly "do their thing", then both would just walk off to brush hair, watch t.v., swim in pool or something else. My problem is, their game is going to end soon because they don't have a child and they are 56 and 58. It makes me so angry at them (I know it's just a game) that they are throwing away 5 generations of hard work to get them where they are financially, etc.

Wow! That is disappointing. So sorry about the situation.

For what its worth, they say sometimes baby boost can have a negative effect on fertility. For that reason I don't use it without the doctor's report saying they need it and then one time when it said they needed it I forgot to administer the shot and they still had a baby without it.

jorob716
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by jorob716 on Jun 29, 09 11:21 AM
Let me fill you guys in on the weird things that have happened with this family since my post.

Vic, the husband died, not even 2 minutes later she got a marriage proposal, she was 62 at the time. I let her marry Nobel. Nobel checked out the house, was taking a shower and then all of a sudden I'm taken to the bed and Nobel has died, all within a 10 minute period of time. Then she gets another proposal, 64 at the time, Brunini and she get married and this time, I've got him by the collar taking him around the yard picking up collectibles and he disappears out of my hand and I'm again taken to the bed and Penni, the wife, is mourning again.

Weird!!!!

I keep pausing and going back every chance I get hoping for an adoption.

Thanks for all your input!!!! I can only hope for some little homeless orphan to show up! I wish we had a choice, go to the orphanage and adopt a child!!!

I did start trying with Vic and Penni when they were first married. Like I said, she was always so distant, if I could have divorced her I would. All she wanted to do was the treadmill, check her weight, etc. Vic did everything, cooked, flowers, cleaned up after meals, etc. I would put her on a task and a few seconds later she would be headed to something totally different than what I had told her!

Later, guys! Again, thanks for the support!!

lorie56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,872 Posts

[Post New]by lorie56 on Jun 29, 09 1:44 PM
jorob716 wrote:Let me fill you guys in on the weird things that have happened with this family since my post.

Vic, the husband died, not even 2 minutes later she got a marriage proposal, she was 62 at the time. I let her marry Nobel. Nobel checked out the house, was taking a shower and then all of a sudden I'm taken to the bed and Nobel has died, all within a 10 minute period of time. Then she gets another proposal, 64 at the time, Brunini and she get married and this time, I've got him by the collar taking him around the yard picking up collectibles and he disappears out of my hand and I'm again taken to the bed and Penni, the wife, is mourning again.

Weird!!!!

I keep pausing and going back every chance I get hoping for an adoption.

Thanks for all your input!!!! I can only hope for some little homeless orphan to show up! I wish we had a choice, go to the orphanage and adopt a child!!!

I did start trying with Vic and Penni when they were first married. Like I said, she was always so distant, if I could have divorced her I would. All she wanted to do was the treadmill, check her weight, etc. Vic did everything, cooked, flowers, cleaned up after meals, etc. I would put her on a task and a few seconds later she would be headed to something totally different than what I had told her!

Later, guys! Again, thanks for the support!!

OMG! You have a Black Widow! You better check the cupboards!

Go to: