crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

Technical issue, tech thread is locked--need help

[Post New]by crowtrobot on Jun 6, 15 9:50 AM
I installed this game on my new laptop--never had any trouble with my PC. But the game loaded, showed the company logo and BFG logo, then went to screen that wasn't all there and couldn't go any further Uninstalled and reinstalled and still couldn't get it to play. I saw that there was a newer version that was done to correct a different problem, but that isn't my problem (had to do with clock setting keeping people from getting one of the trophies). I saw one person on the technical thread that had this problem but no one replied in the thread to it. I My PC had crashed and I had to load all my programs and I have downloaded this game on it and it has gone as far as starting the game; it doesn't look as though it is going to have any problems. I have been playing other BFG's on the laptop without any trouble.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:Technical issue, tech thread is locked--need help

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jun 6, 15 3:05 PM
I'm not a computer techie so am not sure why that would be happening, but the forums aren't that great for getting help with tech issues as the vast majority of us are gamers like yourself that may or may not be highly computer savvy. It may be that your laptop doesn't have Adobe Flash or Shockwave installed, as some games run off Flash or Shockwave, or it's a driver incompatibility issue with the video aspect of the game.

Your best bets for getting a solution would be to contact BF Customer Support by clicking the link at the bottom of the forum page, and also emailing the developer on what the game requires to run. They are now known as Playcademy Games instead of JoinDots. I've gotten pretty quick responses from PG in the past when I emailed about another game of theirs. Hope you get a resolution soon, as it's a bummer when you find out games don't work everywhere.

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

Re:Technical issue, tech thread is locked--need help

[Post New]by crowtrobot on Jun 12, 15 7:27 PM
SynthpopAddict wrote:I'm not a computer techie so am not sure why that would be happening, but the forums aren't that great for getting help with tech issues as the vast majority of us are gamers like yourself that may or may not be highly computer savvy. It may be that your laptop doesn't have Adobe Flash or Shockwave installed, as some games run off Flash or Shockwave, or it's a driver incompatibility issue with the video aspect of the game.

Your best bets for getting a solution would be to contact BF Customer Support by clicking the link at the bottom of the forum page, and also emailing the developer on what the game requires to run. They are now known as Playcademy Games instead of JoinDots. I've gotten pretty quick responses from PG in the past when I emailed about another game of theirs. Hope you get a resolution soon, as it's a bummer when you find out games don't work everywhere.

Thanks, I'll try tech support.

Go to: