Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

Blocking players from visiting your ranch

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Jun 6, 15 9:25 PM
I get it... you were too tired to clean your house in real let alone get your BW Ranch in ship-shape for the visitors that are flocking to see other people's homes. So, you blocked your house doorway with hay, no problemo! You used fencing to keep me out of the entire ranch, so no big deal, I will come back when you have the place tidied up to your liking!

The problem is, there are a couple of people who have placed items around the teleport to completely encircle it. (One guy placed every item he has there to assure no movement whatsoever ...) You can move those and know I cannot... but, did you know or care that when I teleport in, I teleport right back out because I can't move onto the ranch. As a result, there is no map display so unless there is an event, I have to refresh to get anywhere. (That is the same glitch that occurs sometimes when you click on someone while fishing)

Please, be kind and simply just move the items into a bigger circle around the teleport so I can get onto the area and then my map and displays should appear! I promise not to peak at the mess and will still get the hint and leave! Thank you!

Chuck_Havens
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

Re:Blocking players from visiting your ranch

[Post New]by Chuck_Havens on Jun 7, 15 2:29 AM
You may visit My ranch if you like, Kittypurrrs, and even golf and fish.

Just don't step on any of my critters because Some of them bite!

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Jun 7, 15 3:20 PM
Well thank you Chuck!

Most people allow access to their ranches, but I wholly agree that someone should be able to disallow others from visiting as well. (There is a default to disallow players to get onto their mini golf course, so why not ranches?)

While it may seem unfriendly to some, it may be a cultural thing, or simply (just as it is in real) a reaction to having someone see your home when it is in disarray.

I am not upset that I am not welcome on everyone's ranch, but am especially thankful when I am welcomed. It is fun and interesting and I look forward to seeing yours! (I will look out for critters!

Today I visited a lady that had every pet afor sure and 3 of some... and each one was out to protect her property! She needs a sign..." WELCOME to the ZOO!"

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Jun 8, 15 11:04 AM
Oh my! I've not come across the teleport blocking yet & I hope I don't! I do keep a list of the "keep out" ranches and don't visit them again. I also have a list of the TMP ranches which I don't visit again... Too Many Pets roaming free means I have to wade through treacle to look around and sometimes causes my Flash to crash. I adore wandering around other people's ranches and I just "have to" detour to one on the way off Amicus ... it's an obsession & I love the "messy" ones even more than perfectly ordered ones

Mine is now redesigned for the Summer .... Country fair, Lido, Picnic area, Formal gardens & a cafe... All welcome

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Jun 9, 15 10:28 PM
We are a lot alike being we visit so many! I never thought to make a list of who blocked entry... and cannot remember the person who blocked the teleport in! perhaps its time..

Rumbitothecore wrote:"Mine is now redesigned for the Summer .... Country fair, Lido, Picnic area, Formal gardens & a cafe... All welcome

I bow to thee and thy design abilities! Your place is always fun to visit... very beautiful! (and your golf course as well)

Edited on 06/09/2015 at 10:29:21 PM PST

Go to: