MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

Is it possible to end a chapter before finishing all the puzzles?

[Post New]by MoreOver on Jun 25, 09 5:14 PM
I'm stuck on Chapter 2 but I don't think I finished putting all the medallions with the portraits on Chapter 1. Would it affect my game further on? Since I can't go back, should I start over?

SSmitty
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,250 Posts

Re:Is it possible to end a chapter before finishing all the puzzles?

[Post New]by SSmitty on Jun 25, 09 6:10 PM
I'm not sure, but think you will have to go back eventually. The game doesn't seem to be all that linear. I was all over the place to find the buttons that I needed, and just had to keep wandering around till I got them all worked.

chandlersmom
Herring
Herring
373 Posts

[Post New]by chandlersmom on Jun 25, 09 6:16 PM
I finished this game today and I know I didnt complete all the chapters. I went from chapter 3 to the end and still got the key at the end to finish it. I also went from chapter 1 to chapter 2 without finishing all the chapters. You wont be able to carry the buttons (or whatever they are) from 1 chapter to another. Hope this makes sense.

LogieBaby
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by LogieBaby on Jun 25, 09 6:21 PM
You can travel from chapter to chapter in putting the books back together, so far I have completed 22 of the book chapters. The key is to place the medallions in their proper spaces within the paintings. Doing so provides inventory items needed to progress in the game. Some are easy....some not. I'm stuck right now
in figuring out which food items Jack eats and if I don't have them all.......HELP!!!

Happy Hunting
Logie baby

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Jun 25, 09 6:40 PM
I don't have enough food items to fill in the spaces. Don't know what I'm missing either. Dang it all!

Okay, I'm going in again. If I'm not back by noon tomorrow, send help.

irishgreen
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by irishgreen on Jun 26, 09 7:25 AM
Just finished the game.
As MargieB says, you can go in different directions for the game.
No matter how you go, you find what you need.

I loved the game--got my $6.99 fun out of it.
Ready to go back and start it again.

the way I forget things, just need a couple of days LOL

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Jun 26, 09 9:34 AM
I made it!!! Well anyway I finished it. I'm also going to have to replay it today just to be sure I found and completed all the puzzles. And I think I missed out on the special ending. All in all, it was shorter than I expected but still worth $7, to be sure.

Toodles, and thanks to all for your help.

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Jun 26, 09 10:43 PM
Okay, I started playing again and found what's been bothering me.

When you walk into the scene outside the antique shop, there are 2 jade obelisks to the right. There is a square cut into one of them and if I click on it, there is a message about something missing. I can complete the chapter without ever doing anything more with that obelisk.

Is it just a red herring or did I miss something?

Skipperbp32
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by Skipperbp32 on Jun 26, 09 11:40 PM
MoreOver wrote:Okay, I started playing again and found what's been bothering me.

When you walk into the scene outside the antique shop, there are 2 jade obelisks to the right. There is a square cut into one of them and if I click on it, there is a message about something missing. I can complete the chapter without ever doing anything more with that obelisk.

Great question. I tried to place everything in that space. I assumed it was something for the ending but you've already finished. So that theory is out!

Edited on 06/26/2009 at 11:40:23 PM PST

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Jun 27, 09 5:51 AM
MoreOver wrote:Okay, I started playing again and found what's been bothering me.

I didn't remember doing anything to those obelisks, so I checked the walkthrough and it doesn't indicate that any action is taken about that missing item/part.

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Jun 27, 09 11:10 PM
I think we'll have to wait for the experts to weigh in on this one.

equusjoy
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by equusjoy on Jun 29, 09 4:15 PM
I am puzzled. In the blog walk-through it said there was a map in the lower right hand corner that would allow you to go to different chapters or sections.
I don't have that on my game screen. Does anyone else? How do you leave one chapter and go to another??

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Jun 29, 09 6:02 PM
I had the same confusion about the map button. It only shows up when you're in the hidden object areas of the game. Otherwise, just the book is in that area.

equusjoy
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by equusjoy on Jun 29, 09 6:57 PM
"I had the same confusion about the map button. It only shows up when you're in the hidden object areas of the game. Otherwise, just the book is in that area. "

Thank you for that information. That is a huge help!

Go to: