A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 06/08/2015 at 5:53:11 AM PST

wyebank
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Travel Riddles: Trip to Italy here

[Post New]by wyebank on Jun 8, 15 3:36 AM
Cute little M3, not as easy as you would think at first.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 8, 15 5:53 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Travel Riddles: Trip To Italy here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Travel Riddles: Trip To Italy.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by mrm2006 on Jun 8, 15 6:45 AM
Yes, this is a Match 3 game (M3) and I LOVE a GOOD M3. Unfortunately, THIS is far from "good".

Graphics were .... ok. I felt the tiles were too small, thus making the items on them too small. Music was quite lively. Best part of the game! No voiceovers.

2 modes of difficulty: timed or relaxed. You could only have 1 profile at a time that I could see. So, if your friend, relative, etc. wanted to play, YOUR profile would be deleted. After ALL that hard work!

There is a tutorial AFTER each level but it does a very poor job of explaining things. For instance, HOW, exactly, do we earn the gold stars? (You can earn up to 3 per level.

I figured out myself that there are pieces of a 'relic', 'artifact', etc. that we have to get down the bottom of the game screen. We also have to get "x" number of items. For instance, 12 pieces of grass, etc. to pass the level. You DO NOT earn any bonuses for matches of 4 or more - that I could tell. There is a "shop" but I was never directed there.

No storyline, no helpful tutorial, no entertainment value, no "Italian" anything. NO purchase for me (figured I'd keep the 'no' pattern going ). I definitely DO NOT recommend this game for beginners because of the poor tutorial.

It's actually quite a boring game and I was so glad when the demo ended. I'd be closer to Italy eating spaghetti for dinner tonight! It just wasn't for me.

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Jun 8, 15 11:26 AM
wyebank wrote:Cute little M3, not as easy as you would think at first.

I complete agree! From the screenshots I wasn't too sure but I was quickly taken in when I saw it was from same dev as Tricks and Treats -- one of my favorite light-hearted M-3.

The tiles are reasonable in size, the board action is smooth, the mechanic is typical swap M-3. Music is varied, sometimes more adventurous and sometimes what I think of as more sedate.

There are 7 locations (episodes) -- they are locked until prior levels are complete. It starts with Rome. If each of the other 6 episodes have same structure as Rome, then it offers plenty of play.

There are powerups to purchase, pieces of the 'artifacts' to lower to the bottom of the board, and stars to earn. There's a nice screen which shows your stars and artifacts.

The first two levels are somewhat tutorial. I found the information offered (when I slow down enough to read it) is perfectly adequate. Then again I usually just play and figure stuff out as I go.

After the 2nd level, you can select Timed or Relaxed. For purposes of the demo, I played timed and never even came close to missing 3-stars. At least in the beginning, it is very generous with coins so you can purchase those powerups.

Although this is no brainbending 'cradle' type M-3, it is very attractive and I found it fun. I intend to get it today.

Edited on 06/08/2015 at 12:16:03 PM PST

[Post New]by BrentParis on Jun 8, 15 5:20 PM
I really wanted to enjoy this one. How many M3's feature Italy?
Unfortunately, it is underwhelming and suffers from poor production values.
One of the worst offenders is that when you run out of moves, it does not warn you or scramble everything. Instead, it continually attaches an available power-up to your mouse cursor.
And like so many of the recent puzzle offerings, this was originally made for the Mobile market and then later ported over to the PC. And it shows.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Jun 8, 15 6:32 PM
I agree with kdubs and wyebank about this little M3 game.

I had no problems with anything in this game, tech or otherwise!

As the mechanics of the game have been explained quite well by kdubs, I will only add the following:

You can change the user/persona on the main game page, at least in the purchased game, I had not checked that before purchasing the game so I don't know about being able to change it in the demo!

As always, give it a try for yourself to make sure it is compatible with your OS, and with whatever you personally expect from a game!

Happy Gaming,
BK

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Oct 15, 15 3:59 PM
Well, this is one Looooooooooog, match 3 game. Don't be fooled by how "easy" it is. This game gets you focus and then doesn't let you go; then it gets hard. I played with the timer because the timer is pretty generous and without it is just another match 3 game. You can easily get 2 stars and even 3 stars on most levels...I say MOST. Just when you think you are ahead of the game it snags you with one that appears to be easy but with a fast timer. I actually had to go out and remove the timer to play a couple of these levels in order to move on.

If you don't play the strategy right, the game takes forever. Each level apparently has a strategy of how you remove the tiles; if you don't hit this correctly, the whole level because a nightmare. Love the music even though its the same little ditty that loops around and around.

Power ups refresh VERY slowly so make sure, if you can, to acquire a good supply of power ups you buy with your gold. Anyway, fun but frustrating game and you really need to play strategy on this one. Good luck. I give it a 4 out of 5...you definitely get your money's worth with this one.

Go to: