Welcome to Midnight Castle forum

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

Re:Welcome to Midnight Castle forum

[Post New]by gameslvr on Jan 24, 16 4:51 PM
MariteB wrote:One good thing to know when fulfilling the key quests is that one can wait until 2 or 3 characters want the same thing and do it once to get credit, ie keys, from all.

Thanks Marite. Good tip.

lynls
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by lynls on Jan 24, 16 10:29 PM
Anyone else having problems since this new patch ? When I do areas I am getting shards or 15 gold instead of something it is supposed to give. If I have a quest for it I usually get that but if I am trying to do the dailies I am getting gold or shards and so can't complete the daily.

lynls
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by lynls on Jan 25, 16 8:56 AM
Well I am level 29 and I don't know that I will continue. It is no fun to get shards or gold every time I try to do one of the dailies or just explore on my own. That means I play for 5-10 minutes then have to do something completely different and hope I get back to it. I certainly am not purchasing any gold or diamonds again. (I have bought both)

peanut242
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by peanut242 on Jan 25, 16 12:16 PM
I'm in two minds about this new update, don't know if I like it or not. One thing for sure is that it costs a huge amount of coins!

debbrown2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by debbrown2 on Jan 25, 16 7:57 PM
Just got the new up date. How or what do I have to do to the butterfly's? Tryed tapping on them nothing happens! Please help!!!

Jackie34918
Flounder
Flounder
2,054 Posts

[Post New]by Jackie34918 on Jan 25, 16 8:15 PM
debbrown2 wrote:Just got the new up date. How or what do I have to do to the butterfly's? Tryed tapping on them nothing happens! Please help!!!

If you are talking about the butterflies in the ancient park, they mean nothing.

btroi
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by btroi on Jan 25, 16 10:19 PM
Am very frustrated with this game and the updates. The latest update only allowed one level increase from 68 to 69 before requiring yet another upgrade. Previous upgrade only allowed 2 levels increases. I'm not happy and thinkgif on quitting the game. Does anyone have any insight into what is going on exactly with the game developers?

[Post New]by crystalwitch1955 on Jan 26, 16 7:35 AM
btroi wrote:Am very frustrated with this game and the updates. The latest update only allowed one level increase from 68 to 69 before requiring yet another upgrade. Previous upgrade only allowed 2 levels increases. I'm not happy and thinkgif on quitting the game. Does anyone have any insight into what is going on exactly with the game developers?

It is frustrating, I agree, but when you look at the amount of detail in all the various scenes, that must have taken a long time to do, and I think that this mini update was to fill the gap between the last one and the Spring event. Since we don't have to pay to play this game, I think that we are quite lucky to get updates at all - a lot of free to play games have a set amount of levels and when you get through them, that's it. I know it is difficult to be patient, but it's all we can do really. I, and quite a few of the other players on here, have found that doing and re-doing the HOS does build up your coins, diamonds and inventory so that when the next update arrives we can play and gift easily.

MariteB
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by MariteB on Jan 26, 16 10:02 AM
Having earned enough keys to go to the Ghostly Chest and get all of the 4 new pets, I decided to try one more time to exchange my 50 keys and open the chest to see what it might hold....and received 1 Exclusive Food for my effort! Since one can create 1 Exclusive Food with just 5 of the new keys, I feel a tad angry for the paltry return on my investment.

I just wanted to warn other gamers who might be as curious as I was to not waste your keys,

I have decided to stop doing the side quests for keys as the Exclusive Food does drop from HOS's on occasion and even though the Platinum Chest does give out lots of items for the Airship (9 or so), when one considers how many things it takes to earn the new keys, it is not a fair trade.

So I continue on daily quests and gifting friends until the new update.

Happy Gaming, Marite

Della295587
Herring
Herring
344 Posts

[Post New]by Della295587 on Jan 26, 16 3:53 PM
I have had the best time with this new update! I hope that everyone else will give it a try. I like going from room to room doing a quest, but this is better as it seems to give me a reasons to search for a quest.

jack7242
Clownfish
Clownfish
721 Posts

[Post New]by jack7242 on Jan 26, 16 4:29 PM
I was delighted to see that the new area was available once level 69 was reached, especially as I have reached that level. Spent a couple of days collecting blue keys and got my first new, pet, yeahhh, and taken the advice that you can get two keys for completing quests.

It struck me that this new upgrade with the blue keys, is maybe to keep us amused until the next upgrade is ready, especially as there seems to be many of us stuck on level 69.

There is maybe a glimmer of hope for us avid "Castlers" as the mythical John is on level 121, so here's hoping there are plenty of new rooms when the new area is opened.

[Post New]by jomomma117 on Jan 26, 16 7:34 PM
Since I am at level 69 & waiting for the next update I have been accumulating coins and diamonds. I have noticed that the scoring is a little strange. I took 40 seconds to complete an HOS and scored 294,000 points. I then completed the next HOS in 34 seconds and scored 173,000 points. I have read and re-read the rules, but I'm still not understanding the process. Can anyone help me understand?

[Post New]by bobday on Jan 26, 16 10:12 PM
https://www.surveysavvy.com/?m=6920006

a1cindy
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by a1cindy on Jan 27, 16 1:09 AM
jomomma117 wrote:Since I am at level 69 & waiting for the next update I have been accumulating coins and diamonds. I have noticed that the scoring is a little strange. I took 40 seconds to complete an HOS and scored 294,000 points. I then completed the next HOS in 34 seconds and scored 173,000 points. I have read and re-read the rules, but I'm still not understanding the process. Can anyone help me understand?

Your score may have been lower if you missed a click on an item or if you clicked one out of order. It all counts toward your final score.

a1cindy
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by a1cindy on Jan 27, 16 1:11 AM
MariteB wrote:Having earned enough keys to go to the Ghostly Chest and get all of the 4 new pets, I decided to try one more time to exchange my 50 keys and open the chest to see what it might hold....and received 1 Exclusive Food for my effort! Since one can create 1 Exclusive Food with just 5 of the new keys, I feel a tad angry for the paltry return on my investment.

I just wanted to warn other gamers who might be as curious as I was to not waste your keys,

I have decided to stop doing the side quests for keys as the Exclusive Food does drop from HOS's on occasion and even though the Platinum Chest does give out lots of items for the Airship (9 or so), when one considers how many things it takes to earn the new keys, it is not a fair trade.

So I continue on daily quests and gifting friends until the new update.

Happy Gaming, Marite

Thanks Marite for the information as I was going to see what happened when we did that as I am at thesame place in the game. If I need extra for the new pets I will craft it and have it go towards my achievements.

[Post New]by Ladiedenlin on Jan 27, 16 1:46 AM
Hi Every one
Just A question. Do we need to be at a specific level in order to see the keys, chests and the 4 new pets? Since the update I'm basically going from HOS to HOS accumulating shards,15 extra coins no diamonds to speak of and very few inventory items. But I'm hanging in their. I miss being able to help friends though.
Thanks

Edited on 01/27/2016 at 2:03:42 PM PST

Loonz111
Clownfish
Clownfish
876 Posts

[Post New]by Loonz111 on Jan 27, 16 3:50 AM
Ladiedenlin wrote:Hi Every one
Just A question. Do we need to be at a specific level in order to see the keys, chests and the 4 new pets? Since the update I'm basically going from HOS to HOS accumulating shards,15 extra coins no diamonds to speak of and very few inventory items. But I'm handing in their. I miss being able to help friends though.
Thanks

Only the players that were at the highest level prior to the update get the new keys, pets and side quests. Maybe you should check the rest of the forum, there's a lot to do about, and info on the update.

Debchet
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
453 Posts

[Post New]by Debchet on Jan 27, 16 4:06 AM
Della295587 wrote:I have had the best time with this new update! I hope that everyone else will give it a try. I like going from room to room doing a quest, but this is better as it seems to give me a reasons to search for a quest.

I had fun too Della, until the game came to a point where I ran out of
items I needed for quests. Then I found it very tedious to NEVER get
the item I needed to finish!!! I'm on Level 69 and had quite a good sized
inventory.

I realize the devs are trying to make the game more challenging, but
I don't Like that they are making it IMPOSSIBLE to get some of the
achievements!! Just not fun anymore! I find the Forum more of a draw
than the game now!

luv2playhog
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by luv2playhog on Jan 27, 16 6:08 AM
I was disappointed at first also, but words of encouragement from several of you made me try to move on...no pets yet, even though I have opened chest twice now, but playing the hos has started giving me some inventory and building up my coins, I will continue to play, just without as much enthusiasm as I used to, ty all, happy gaming

only1Marne
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by only1Marne on Jan 27, 16 10:28 AM
I was disappointed again also but then I realized I had been spending too much of my time playing the game and thinking that I was getting somewhere in it. Now I know that isn't going to happen so I can go back to reading or other things and playing only when I have nothing better to do. Have fun y'all.

Go to: