bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Margrave Manor 2: Lost Ship forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 27, 09 12:05 AM
Welcome to Margrave Manor 2: Lost Ship forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Margrave Manor 2: Lost Ship players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

flyerstar
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:Welcome to Margrave Manor 2: Lost Ship forum

[Post New]by flyerstar on Jun 27, 09 5:18 AM
Hi I have just downloaded the preview but have not been able to play it. Says there is an error any ideas please

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on Jun 27, 09 5:22 AM
same here, all i get is a black screen but it has the pointer on it, any ideas please x x x ......its ok now, it just takes a long time for the game to appear x x x

Edited on 06/27/2009 at 6:10:04 AM PST

[Post New]by twinnurses2 on Jun 27, 09 5:31 AM
getting an message reading.....cannot find import; dll may be missing, corrupt, or wrong version file swscale-0.dll , error 998

lentenrose
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by lentenrose on Jun 27, 09 6:59 AM
I'm on Vista - no problems running the game here.

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Jun 27, 09 7:05 AM
lentenrose wrote:I'm on Vista - no problems running the game here.

I'm on Vista too, but am getting same error messages. I have uninstalled & reinstalled twice now & get the same message. I will contact techincal support & see what they say.

BadWhippet
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by BadWhippet on Jun 27, 09 7:14 AM
Not sure this is a keeper for me, but I thought I'd report one problem with it. I actually CAN run it (Vista 64-bit) but there is a problem with repeating sound. The last sound played (whether it's the sound of an object or the last spoken syllable) is repeated like a jumping CD track - and often won't stop until something else plays a sound. The problem was aggravating enough for me to want to exit the game.

Edited on 06/27/2009 at 7:15:12 AM PST

[Post New]by bchrist489 on Jun 27, 09 7:15 AM
i just installed the game and it just gets stuck with the ship in the water and you can't do anything i tried reinstalling it but it is still the same

lauder
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by lauder on Jun 27, 09 7:35 AM
same here just ship stuck in water and plus I get half a screen of pic. I am using vista IE8

tazziebb
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by tazziebb on Jun 27, 09 7:55 AM
Just downloaded no problems. Played 20mins and will get this game its almost as good as the frist.

lauder
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by lauder on Jun 27, 09 8:11 AM
tazziebb what settings are you using

[Post New]by smillard on Jun 27, 09 8:13 AM
I am also having issues, can't get pass the ship in the water. I am going to email tech support.

flyerstar
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by flyerstar on Jun 27, 09 8:26 AM
Hi, it is working Ok now, restarted my computer, Also there is a very long delay with the black screen and the pointer. I will definately buy this game now.

sunny64
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by sunny64 on Jun 27, 09 9:07 AM
Downloaded and played for half an hour. I bought the game as I really enjoyed the first one. A little slow but my computer has a lot on it. XP Pro. Everything is working as normal. Off to work now.

bluesinew
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by bluesinew on Jun 27, 09 9:25 AM
Sorry to say I can't play this game( OS XP) It starts out fine, then after the ship sequence I get a access violation. I turned off my virus software and ran RegCure ... didn't help. Worked on it for 20 minutes, I guess I should be mowing the lawn anyway!

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Jun 27, 09 9:40 AM
satexasgirl wrote:
lentenrose wrote:I'm on Vista - no problems running the game here.

I'm on Vista too, but am getting same error messages. I have uninstalled & reinstalled twice now & get the same message. I will contact techincal support & see what they say.

Same here - I've downloaded it 3 times now and still get the missing .dll file message. Very frustrating as I was looking forward to playing this game today.

[Post New]by PattyLucy on Jun 27, 09 9:53 AM
I have also downloaded this game twice...have vista...and continue to get the error message...if so many of us are having a problem...there has to be a game flaw...

[Post New]by holycowharry on Jun 27, 09 10:50 AM
I have WinXP SP3...no problems.
An outdated video card driver could be causing the problems.

Also, the slow black screen with the pointer seems to be their version of 'game loading'.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Jun 27, 09 11:39 AM
Win XP Service Pack 3, and no problems whatsoever running the game. Make sure you have the latest video driver for your video card.

kishimojun
Stingray
Stingray
4,534 Posts

[Post New]by kishimojun on Jun 27, 09 11:59 AM
XP and no problems here at all

Go to: