bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Danse Macabre: Thin Ice Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 11, 15 12:29 AM
From Eipix Entertainment, the studio that brought you Dead Reckoning and Final Cut, invites you to step into the spotlight of the latest Danse Macabre!

Ruth Fisher is the up-and-coming star of a popular figure skating show, but her final dress rehearsal is cancelled after her biggest fan drops dead. He was trying to warn Ruth, but about what? Who would want to kill a fan? Is Ruth really in danger? You’ll need to use all of your deductive skills to investigate the scenes and uncover the true threat, before Ruth Fisher’s opening night becomes her final performance in this chilling Hidden-Object Puzzle Adventure game!

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

Re:Danse Macabre: Thin Ice Collector's Edition

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Jun 11, 15 2:33 AM
This is very much same old same old for me.

This developer is churning them out and appears to be taking over every series.

I thought they started out quite innovative but, as with other developers before them they are stuck in a rut....or something.

Shame.

[Post New]by shelterhill on Jun 11, 15 3:41 AM
I liked it and it is a buy!!
They might be doing the same thing but as long as it works?
It works for me with this one

Anged
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by Anged on Jun 11, 15 4:30 AM
Loved the hour. Will be buying this game.

greenshade
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by greenshade on Jun 11, 15 7:10 AM
katejoe999 wrote:This is very much same old same old for me.

I thought they started out quite innovative but, as with other developers before them they are stuck in a rut....or something.

Shame.

I totally agree with you and LogieBaby who's already posted a review. I used to be the biggest fan of Eipix but their games (including this one) are just cookie cutters.

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Jun 11, 15 8:49 AM
I am grateful for the creative team at EIPIX. They have to sit around trying to dream up a new story for each of these games that hopefully doesn't get shot down immediately. I have so many of the HOPA games that I don't even try to remember the story lines from each of them so when a new one comes out I play for just what it is "a new game" consequently I don't even remember the previous Danse games so I'm just happy to have a new game this morning.

Thank you EIPIX for your hard work.

Edit after playing game:
I'm just a little disappointed. I went back to a couple of the original Cadenza games and unfortunately this one pales in comparison. Quantity does not Quality make. Going back even further I found that the first EIPIX games had more depth, difficulty and pure entertainment value.

Edited on 06/11/2015 at 12:35:23 PM PST

cheekyoops
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by cheekyoops on Jun 11, 15 9:29 AM
I'm glad it's an eipix day . For sure I'll get some housework and laundry done , instead of playing games .

blah .

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Jun 11, 15 10:38 AM
greenshade wrote:
katejoe999 wrote:This is very much same old same old for me.

Shame.

I totally agree with you and LogieBaby who's already posted a review. I used to be the biggest fan of Eipix but their games (including this one) are just cookie cutters.

The real innovative team is (or was) Mad Head Games. Think back to Cadenza. Then think of the other developers who "borrowed" Mad Head's ideas. Now, Mad Head hasn't been seen of late. They posted beta's last March of two games that definitely were out of the box -- where are they? Where is Mad Head? If you go to their site, there is no mention of those upcoming games. The "news" is they have partnered with Micorsoft to produce mobile games under the banner "Unity". I guess they have to go where the money is.

In fairness to Eipix (aka Blue Tea it would seem) -- it is us seasoned players who are tired of same old. There are new players every day who will be in awe of the graphics and all the activities packed into their offerings. Apparently they have the financial backing to stay alive in the casual gaming arena, and on the side, dabble in F2P. As long as more people start to explore these games everyday than leave out of boredom, Eipix will continue to churn out what many of us see as boring.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jun 11, 15 11:00 AM
Thanks, shorenuf, well said.
Sad news re. Mad Head.

[Post New]by shelterhill on Jun 11, 15 12:22 PM
Mad head?? They just released rite of passage, the lost tides. Which was a disappointment by the way

charlene_lane
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by charlene_lane on Jun 11, 15 2:51 PM
Regarding Mad Head Games, there will be a new game out called 'Beyond: Light Advent' soon. I beta tested this game a while back and am chomping at the tooth waiting for it to come out. It looks really good. Its an adventure si-fi. Can't wait.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Jun 11, 15 10:40 PM
twinsoniclab wrote:Yes, I am eagerly awaiting Beyond: Light Advent too!

That and The Maze Subject 360 are the two that I mentioned. The betas came out mid March -- no mention of the games on their site. I'm on a Mac -- never saw the beta's -- but those who did commented on their being different.

It was a long time ago -- Madame Fate was my introduction to casual games. I found the puzzles challenging, and the rest of it amazing for the artwork, morphs, hidden objects -- everything. Now, I barely find any of these games even interesting. I don't need them to be the likes of MYST, Riven, 7th Guest et al, but I would like to feel accomplished for solving a puzzle, finding an answer, discovering the next goal. Even when one of them presents some of that, it is missing in the sequel(s). Sad.

ETA: Thank you for your comment, _DD_.

Edited on 06/11/2015 at 10:42:44 PM PST

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Jun 12, 15 1:43 AM
It's an OK game but doesn't measure up to the previous ones in the series. Not a Buy for me just now though I might go for the SE later or get the CE it on sale. The Demo did not get very challenging or exciting.

Eipix is just churning games out, maybe too many too fast. It seems like we have at least one of their games each week and sometimes more. What happened to all of the other Devs? Maybe many are turning exclusively to iOS?

On BFG's new Future of Gaming site the News is that there will be more computer games this year than last and that iOS tablets are not killing PCs this year. So maybe we will have more variety in the coming months. Maybe a new Dev will debut something interesting and Fun with graphics to equal some of our most beautiful favorites by Eipix and others.

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Jun 12, 15 7:51 AM
Contract with the Devil just got a major update. If you don't mind heavy occult elements and want more of a challenge in your games and a different look, people might want to give this one a try (or another try if the bad grammar was killing you the first time around), I just finished it and it was an incredibly long game with lots of fun and challenge to be had. Great for an SE, Just tossing that out there for those who might be feeling their active game list is getting a bit short while waiting for the big developers to come around.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Jun 12, 15 10:25 AM
twinsoniclab wrote:
Bartsister wrote:Contract with the Devil just got a major update. If you don't mind heavy occult elements and want more of a challenge in your games and a different look, people might want to give this one a try (or another try if the bad grammar was killing you the first time around), I just finished it and it was an incredibly long game with lots of fun and challenge to be had. Great for an SE, Just tossing that out there for those who might be feeling their active game list is getting a bit short while waiting for the big developers to come around.

Thank you for mentioning it! It isn't even called an "update," but a "new version!" The first item mentioned being fixed is the English. That is what kept me from buying, so I am downloading it again to try now.

Not available for Mac? :-(

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Jun 12, 15 12:49 PM
Bartsister wrote:Contract with the Devil just got a major update. If you don't mind heavy occult elements and want more of a challenge in your games and a different look, people might want to give this one a try (or another try if the bad grammar was killing you the first time around), I just finished it and it was an incredibly long game with lots of fun and challenge to be had. Great for an SE, Just tossing that out there for those who might be feeling their active game list is getting a bit short while waiting for the big developers to come around.

Yeah, I agree, the game was really enjoyable to play.

I remember noting the English was fine but that the grammar was just awful. If the developers fixed the grammar issue (the biggest complaint of the game), then I see no reason why people shouldn't give this gem a chance.

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Jun 12, 15 3:41 PM
I wanted to add this now that I've finished the demo. I do enjoy playing Eipix games but I wish they would give us some new Achievements instead of the same handful they use in every game they develop. I enjoy getting the achievements as much as I do playing the game itself so I would love it if Eipix had some that would require us to replay the game to obtain them.

I would also like to see them get rid of the Souvenir Room/achievement altogether. I hate HO scenes so an HO search of the entire game borders on the mundane and has definitely outlived it's fun factor.

Edited on 06/13/2015 at 3:24:35 PM PST

Go to: