Sarah1673
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Red, yellow, and blue rings

[Post New]by Sarah1673 on Jun 27, 09 12:31 PM
I am confused. I have over 1800 gathered in food and only 8 fairies...yet there is a red ring around the food icon. Whats up with that? And how do you ever get enough potion without playing the mini-game?

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

Re:Red, yellow, and blue rings

[Post New]by Gieyo on Jun 28, 09 9:06 AM
You are right, sometimes the red rings appear even when the numeric values (especially if compared to your population) indicate resources are enough... unless these fairies get a hunger-frenzy at certain points ;D

I once solved the problem by creating as many fairies as I could and shut the game leaving them to continue their activities while off. Then fairies "decided" to do whatever they pleased in order to have correct ammount of resources.
But honestly, I have found that even with red circles (especially concerning food), nothing happens that alters the game.
I've never had a fairy eating in the activity indicator, by the way.

As for potions, I am not sure why you don't want to go to the minigame. But if you keep several fairies (including the queen) providing magical elements you have enough to keep going (even with red circle)

Sarah1673
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Sarah1673 on Jun 28, 09 6:50 PM
Thanks for the shout out back. There is so very much to learn in here. I always feel like I am at a loss.

dfranklin
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by dfranklin on Aug 30, 09 3:21 PM
If you have more fairies "singing" than gathering, you'll use your resources faster and that can cause a red ring. Also, if you have fairies doing "cross" work...like enchanters gathering or wizards enchanting, that uses up more potions too. It is best to do the minigame since you make more potions with each magic you deposit, so you get more yield for your gathering efforts.

But I agree with Gievo, the only thing that happens when it gets low is some fairies stop doing what their doing and start gathering the resource that is low, that is all. It only might mess you up if you're trying to specialize a certain youngling, since if they are almost enchanters but not full blue bar and you start gatheirng with them, they'll actually end up becomming gatherers if you leave the game for awhile and come back. That's kind of annoying since you'll have to start up a new enchanter all over again but again, nothing horrible in terms of a consequence.

Go to: