pashdi
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

Magnifying glass in chapter 10

[Post New]by pashdi on Aug 26, 08 5:12 AM
I'm stuck in chapter 10. I needed to find ten magnifying glasses. Found all but one. Clicked the hints twice, and keeps telling me to go topside. But I have completed all puzzles topside. There is nothing more to find and I can't go forward. Does anyone else have the same problem?

ghost777
Narwhal
Narwhal
33,167 Posts

Re:Magnifying glass in chapter 10

[Post New]by ghost777 on Aug 26, 08 7:17 AM
Pashdi go to gz Treasure Master walkthrough there is a picture there of the ten you need on a map in chapter 10.

Edited on 08/26/2008 at 8:25:35 AM PST

pashdi
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

[Post New]by pashdi on Aug 26, 08 7:30 AM
Thank you Ghost 777. I'll be doing that now. I want to solve this chapter before I go to bed. Its 12.25pm in Australia. I have the air conditioner going to keep me warm until I finish. By for now.

ghost777
Narwhal
Narwhal
33,167 Posts

[Post New]by ghost777 on Aug 26, 08 8:10 AM
pashdi wrote:Thank you Ghost 777. I'll be doing that now. I want to solve this chapter before I go to bed. Its 12.25pm in Australia. I have the air conditioner going to keep me warm until I finish. By for now.
Good night and sweet dreams pashdi.

pashdi
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

[Post New]by pashdi on Aug 26, 08 8:22 AM
I'm still here and I shouldn't be, because I don't know my a.m. from my p.m. Its after midnight here in Australia and I'm still awake. Happy gaming everyone. Thank you Ghost777.

Edited on 08/26/2008 at 8:24:04 AM PST

mauntana
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by mauntana on Aug 26, 08 1:10 PM
I'm also stuck on the last magnifying glass. I checked GZ Tips & Tricks and didn't find the screenshot or a mention in ch 10 about the magnifying glasses. I'm almost to the point of restarting the chapter so I can see if I can get something else to find...luck of the draw and all that. Any other suggestions on where I can check before I resort to starting over? Thanks.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Aug 26, 08 4:33 PM
If Hints are telling you to go topside, then that's where I'd go. Once topside, use another hint and see what it does. These are interactive maps and you do need to move from one to another to find some of the items.

[Post New]by Anonymous on Aug 27, 08 7:34 PM
Anonymous is pashdi. My login has dropped out again. re last message replay only chapter 10.

[Post New]by waurie on Aug 27, 08 7:36 PM
The magnifying glass showing the last one is the last one you have to click on it before it disappears

[Post New]by BonnieBlue102 on Aug 27, 08 8:48 PM
I'm trying to finish Chapter 10..........what is GZ walkthrough?

pashdi
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

[Post New]by pashdi on Aug 27, 08 8:59 PM
Waurie, I clicked on it, lost all my hints and tried again but nothing happened. After searching every item, I gave up, found that it was easier to replay this chapter again. Ended up having to find only three magnifying glasses, then went to the next stage.

pashdi
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

[Post New]by pashdi on Aug 27, 08 9:03 PM
GZ is google gamezebo. Tips and tricks.

Edited on 09/02/2008 at 1:48:22 AM PST

mauntana
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by mauntana on Aug 28, 08 12:06 PM
Pashdi: I think I figured it out! I did create a new profile so I could see the differences when I got to CH 10 again. After two tries, I got the 5 lenses again and cleared the screen before collecting them. This time I was able to do it and, comparing to the profile where I was stopped, the phonograph in the lower right was gone, which is also where one of the lenses is. I'm thinking if the phonograph was an object and since you and I both had the same problem, we clicked it (the phonograph) before the lens; that would explain why the game still thinks there is one lens to find. I did finish it under the new profile and enjoyed the rest of the game. As a former programmer, I just can't seem to let these things go without an explanation. This one works for me

mauntana
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by mauntana on Aug 31, 08 11:53 AM
Albalass: Yes, restart works because you get new objects. When I got the "phonograph" again as an object, it wouldn't take the obvious one (the one I clicked on the first time that messed me up), but forced me to select the gramaphone instead. Don't know why. I'm not a big fan of Alawar because of a recent very bad experience with their glitch-riddled Magic Encyclopedia game but thought it would be okay if BFG is offering. I can only imagine how many glitches there would be otherwise. Good luck, it is a fun game IMHO.

Go to: