Legendia
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

ANSWERS to most common questions & problems.

[Post New]by Legendia on Jun 28, 09 9:44 AM

There are a lot of threads about the same problems for this game. Please keep in mind that if you have a problem, many times there is something you need to do first, or you are trying to pick up an item that needs to be dragged.

HERE are the answers to the most common problems:

I can't get the letter e
:

There is a push button light switch on the left wall. You can't get the e until you push that button.

Hammer level 12-1:

It is under the bed. Use the flashlight to see it. It's used for the top of the saucer. It's also used for the broken glass of the porthole window. You can not pick up the hammer. You have to drag it to use it.

Television Wires

This is a random puzzle. The Walkthrough lists 2 possible answers. My Puzzle for example was yellow, white, blue, green orange. If you are getting your picture clearer, try switching wires that did not make it clearer.

The second letter 1/2 of the letter in the photography scene.

is on the left had side in the bushes below the rabbit.

Cipher code and DVD set

" The Sting" is the answer. You need to go to the yellow cd set. You then need to slide the cipher key along the line of letters. You need to look at the letters carefully. The correct code is almost at the end of cds (going from your left to your right)

The Key puzzle

It's just basically a process of elimination. If you have never done this type of puzzle, the easiest way is for you would be to go through the keys 1 by one filling each line with that key. Then you will know if that key is even used. Keep on repeating until you you have the four keys need. Once you have those then isolate where one key is, then start adding the other correct keys and do the same. Make notes! If you run out of chances don't worry. Use your notes as a starting point. This puzzle does not seem to random at all if you have to restart.

Edited on 06/28/2009 at 9:49:43 AM PST

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

Re:ANSWERS to most common questions & problems.

[Post New]by scotcat on Jun 28, 09 2:47 PM
Great help post Legendia. There is also a walkthrough on BF:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/dream-sleuth-walkthrough

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jun 29, 09 3:37 AM
The key puzzle is a random puzzle that changes with each game.. This is a logic sequence puzzle.

You start by placing 4 keys in the bottom row. Then look to the right to see if you got any green check marks or yellow question marks.

If you get a green check mark that means that a key is the correct key and it is in the correct position.

If you get a yellow question mark that means you have a correct key but it is in the wrong position in the row.

If you get no green check mark and no yellow question mark then you don’t have a correct key that is used in the puzzle.

For example, if you place 4 keys on a row and get 2 green check marks and 1 yellow question mark, then 2 of your keys are correct keys and are in the correct position, 1 of your keys is a correct key and is not in the correct position and 1 of your keys is not used in the solution.

You can start the puzzle by placing 4 of the exact same key in the bottom row. You will either get a green check mark or nothing. If you get nothing then that key will not be used in the solution. If you get a green check mark then place that key in the second row with 3 of the same kind of another key. Then if you get 2 green check marks, two yellow question marks, or one of each, then you know that both of those keys are in the solution. If you only get one check mark or question mark then you know you can eliminate the second key that you tried.

You will continue to work in this manner but not necessarily using these exact steps to make decisions on what keys to try in the next rows as you go up.

The whole process of this game is to eliminate the wrong keys and eliminate the keys in the wrong positions by a process of choosing what keys you place in each row so that you get new information with each row. Unless you are very lucky, you can’t solve this puzzle my randomly placing keys in each row. You have to place them in a way that will improve what you know about each key as you progress. Keep looking back at the rows you have completed to see what you have learned before you make your choices for your next row. It may take a while to learn how this process works, but the more you practice the better you will see the patterns.

Good luck!

Edited on 06/29/2009 at 10:12:30 AM PST

Legendia
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

The key puzzle is random.

[Post New]by Legendia on Jun 29, 09 8:26 AM
Hi Lizzy.

Thank you for posting this. I agree that the key puzzle itself is random. My post may have mislead some. Where is is not random is in an individual game when you can't solve it the first time.. If you can not solve it the first time you still have the same puzzle to work . That is why I wrote that the way I did.

Your answer is much more explicit than mine was. Thanks again!

Legendia
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by Legendia on Jun 29, 09 8:33 AM
scotcat wrote:Great help post Legendia. There is also a walkthrough on BF:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/dream-sleuth-walkthrough

Hi scotcat! Thank you so very much for the compliment and TY for adding the walkthrough link. I started this tread because I answered the same question at least 5 times, with one of the posts being beneath my answer. I also saw that Margie was doing the same. There are just so many players that want their answers immediately that they don't bother to read what's been previously written. I thought that this just might help a bit.

PLEASE, anyone feel free to add solutions to this thread.!!!

Thanks again!

dream sleuth television wires

[Post New]by catpaw201 on Jun 30, 09 1:11 PM
I need help with the television wires. no matter what i do i can't get a clear picture. help

Whopper_Whale
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

dream sleuth television wires

[Post New]by Whopper_Whale on Jul 7, 09 6:58 PM
catpaw201 wrote:I need help with the television wires. no matter what i do i can't get a clear picture. help

What i did was mix and match the wires until the picture came in. If the picture got fuzzy again, switch the wires back and try again, but never make it worse.

Edited on 07/07/2009 at 7:00:46 PM PST

Lisa_111
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa_111 on Jul 8, 09 11:09 PM
I have searched this forum and read all the answers to the hammer in 12-1, but I'm still not getting it. I know where it is and have found it with the flashlight. I try to drag the hammer - but if I click on the flashlight to go back the original scene, I lose the hammer. I don't "see" the items I need to use the hammer on - so how/where do I drag the hammer? I've tried both in full screen and not full screen. Please help

Lisa

Lisa_111
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa_111 on Jul 9, 09 2:11 PM
Well, after restarting chapter 12 about 5 times - it finally worked. I'm guessing there's just some kind of glitch with the game.

Lisa

[Post New]by sweet_sister79 on Jul 12, 09 10:24 PM
i need help with the key puzzle been stuck there forever

[Post New]by yaya1234 on Jul 22, 09 10:00 PM
hey i need help in 15-4

MILLIE31651
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

Re: THE CAKE

[Post New]by MILLIE31651 on Aug 20, 09 7:05 AM
COULD SOMEBODY PLEASE GIVE ME THE CORRECT COMBINATION FOR DECORATING THE CAKE IN CHAPTER 11? THANK YOU SO MUCH.

[Post New]by EmoGamer95 on Aug 29, 11 1:12 PM
Hi. I decided to help almost everyone with the cipher problem. When you get the letters lined up, you click where it says "opera" ON the card. It worked for me.

[Post New]by MattyRoh on Aug 29, 11 5:05 PM
I cannot attach the landing gear to the spaceship in chapter 12-1. I looked at the walkthrough, and I have done everything correctly. But the landing gear won't "hold." So of course when I reach for the pliers, the landing gear flies back into inventory. I looked at the pictures; I am trying to put it in the right place. I have tried to set that little leg everywhere but my ear and it will not stay. I have been through this six times. Can you help?

Go to: