Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Labyrinths of the World: Forbidden Muse Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jun 13, 15 12:35 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 06/13/2015 at 9:31:31 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Labyrinths of the World: Forbidden Muse Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by groundhog37 on Jun 13, 15 7:20 AM
I only got as far as the first building and the screen went black. Was not difficult to alt del ctl out of it but could not play game.

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Labyrinths of the World: Forbidden Muse Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by 9otters on Jun 13, 15 9:20 AM
PC, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Occasional jumpy cursor and animation.

Sidney420
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Sidney420 on Jun 13, 15 9:21 AM
I down loaded the game; but it says the trial version is over...and I never even played it:::

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Jun 13, 15 9:30 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Labyrinths of the World: Forbidden Muse Collector's Edition to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

In some cases, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums. In addition, some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. However, we're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. This is because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Labyrinths of the World: Forbidden Muse Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by BearKat on Jun 13, 15 5:40 PM
Sidney420 wrote:I down loaded the game; but it says the trial version is over...and I never even played it:::

Hello, Sidney420, sometimes there is a hiccup between the download and the bfg Game App that causes a false "trial expired" message.

Uninstalling the demo (I always do a search and then manually delete the extraneous files left on the hard drive when a game is uninstalled through the Game App) and re-downloading it will usually fix this.

You can also uninstall and reinstall your Game App if the above doesn't take care of the problem.

Hope this helps.

BK

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Labyrinths of the World: Forbidden Muse Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by Poof11 on Jun 13, 15 5:44 PM
I got as far as the introduction where the guy drops the amulet and then the game completely froze. This should not happen on my system. Win 8.1, 10ram, NVidia video card with an additional 2mg ram, etc. Had to Cntrl, alt, Del to exit to task manager.

murphy1018
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by murphy1018 on Jun 14, 15 3:59 AM
Game freezes regularly. Everything is up to date. Windows 8.1 Nvidia graphics card.
Had to do the same as Poof11 to get out each time. ??????

[Post New]by vsvillanoseven on Jun 14, 15 10:18 AM
I have the same system and trouble with the cursor as 9otters. I think it's the video card, but don't know how to update it. Does anyone here know how???

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Jun 14, 15 2:48 PM
After getting task manager to shut down game, I decided to reboot computer to refresh. I was able to get past the first scene and onto the second essence, got through the door but the first puzzle locked up the computer once again. I'm going to keep trying to get through this game but it is really irritating and ruins the flow when you keep getting held up. Hopefully there will be some kind of fix.

by vsvillanoseven on June 14, 10:18 AM
I have the same system and trouble with the cursor as 9otters. I think it's the video card, but don't know how to update it. Does anyone here know how???

If you have say an HP, you can go into the support assistant and have it check for updates. Otherwise, check to see what video card you have and go to their website and they can check your card to see if an update is needed. I hope this helps you out. Good luck.

Alex7154
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Alex7154 on Jun 15, 15 10:18 AM
Haven't even got into the trial version by 15 minutes and had to Task Manager out twice because the game freezes up.

Windows 8.1
64-bit
HD Graphics 4000
12 GB ram

[Post New]by vsvillanoseven on Jun 15, 15 2:02 PM
Thanks Poof11, I have a Dell. But I'm going to do what you suggest. Thanks again.

azrt
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Labyrinths of the World: Forbidden Muse Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by azrt on Jun 15, 15 2:13 PM
My trial also said "had finished" before I ever got to play. I had been able to demo this game so even with some bad early reviews downloaded it. Got to the bonus chapter with few hiccups and then in the park scene where there is an HOS in the fountain, it stopped letting me click on objects that I knew were correct. I went to the match 3 option to see if it worked and it did, so finished that and it said all items found. When I went back into the game it still showed the sparkles at the fountain, but an empty list board when I clicked on it. Hit hint and it just made its usual noise but of course nothing for it to highlight. If I click hint outside of the HOS it indicates the fountain again. So yet again another BF game I cannot finish.

Edited on 06/15/2015 at 2:14:17 PM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Jun 16, 15 4:25 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that the game is freezing and that there's trouble with playing the trial version of this game.

To start, the following help article may be useful:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If that doesn't help or doesn't apply, I recommend that you contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always glad to help.

Thank you for your patience,

bfgWaimea

[Post New]by ttumom on Jun 25, 15 12:27 PM
In the first chapter of the game, when trying to play the amulet mini-game, after finding all 3 gems when you press the red or blue button it stays on 0. Nothing happens. What do I do?

[Post New]by BarbaraFish on Jun 25, 15 11:25 PM
3rd time my game has gone "not responding."

I'm on windows 8.1 NVidia.

This is the 3rd game I've had problems with this month and all during the bonus section. This is getting ridiculous.

[Post New]by simini on Jul 10, 15 11:24 AM
The game has frozen a dozen times since the beginning of it. I was able to restart it an continue with all of my progress saved until I got to the beginning of gathering the third part of Calliope's soul. Then the game froze and when I went back in, it gave me a message, "A profile is corrupted and has been deleted." My profile is completely gone and I have to start over. I will do a Dr. Felix report to send in.

Althena533
Clownfish
Clownfish
502 Posts

[Post New]by Althena533 on Jul 12, 15 2:30 AM
I was in that painting puzzle where you give the right people the right artistic media (like giving the musician his instruments) and even though I did that puzzle right I never got the other half of Calliope and that girl that's been helping me. Could somebody please tell me if I'm going to have to either start the game over or reinstall it completely?

Patter57
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Patter57 on Jul 12, 15 10:25 PM
Hint button does not work.

Go to: