500,000 coral.....HELP! Anyone?!

[Post New]by aliciarose111 on Jun 28, 09 9:31 PM
After trying and trying for probably 4 hours to get a gold on this (I think level 27) I'm pulling my hair out. How on EARTH can you produce 100,000 coral and have 500,000 coral before the time runs out?! I've tried only doing parks but theres no time to tear down and build the 4 needed mansions with +25. I've tried garden, mansion, garden, etc but it's not like you can buy the needed lots when you want. I've tried using a jewelry store to add in cash but I keep ending up with less then a minute to go and still needing appx 300,000 coral, once the other objects are complete. Theres no way to get enough cash to buy that much, let alone order enough in less then minute (believe me I've tried). It must be something easy that I'm just completely looking over, but for the life of me I cannot figure this level out!
Any clues?

rayck
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

Re:500,000 coral.....HELP! Anyone?!

[Post New]by rayck on Jun 28, 09 9:56 PM
Hi Did you try upgrade all your garden??
I think at the beginning of this level you can try build a hardware shop.
This building has a special function is make some cash back when you demolish your building.

Don't just make all the plot are garden, if you notice that, the more cleanliness, the more coral produced from the garden.
That mean you should build a Filtration Center and build some houses with high cleanliness.
And build Coral Depot ( half price) and School ( the frenzy )
once all the building have enough juice for you to purchase the coral, just keep clicking the "coral " tab.
And dont forget you need to click on the "coral" from the garden to harvest them.

Hopes them help
enjoy

Freter
Herring
Herring
316 Posts

[Post New]by Freter on Jun 28, 09 10:02 PM
Are you upgrading your gardens? They do produce coral if you build a certain building. Coral depot I believe it's called. This will make it a little easier to gather the necessary coral.

Also,I build a Prawn shop as soon as I can right off the bat. Even before I clean lots. This gives me a bonus from the lots. So you start off strong.

Edited on 06/28/2009 at 10:03:43 PM PST

Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

[Post New]by Anniejo on Jun 29, 09 12:18 AM
Really enjoying this game, but it is hard work

[Post New]by aliciarose111 on Jun 29, 09 9:06 AM
Thanks for the replies! After a good nights sleep I'm off to try it again! I was trying to do everything mentioned EXCEPT the hardware store. I'll try putting that in instead of the jewelry store. I can produce 100,000 coral just under the time limit, the problem is making enough money or making enough extra coral to get the 500,000 coral in time. Back laters hopefully with an update!

LindyMac
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by LindyMac on Jun 30, 09 4:58 PM
I;m getting nowhere with this one too!!! Anyone who's done it got a strategy different from those mentioned?

[Post New]by KatOh9 on Jul 1, 09 5:57 PM
Personally I think it's another bug in an already extremely buggy game.

For instance, the intro text says "grow 5,000 coral from your own garden". But in reality, the game requires you to grow 100,000. Big difference. I think I came close to the 100k... one time.

As far as achieving the 500k total coral... LOL... not in the time frame for the expert level... just not going to happen.

At this point, I guess I'm hoping Big Fish will either ask the developers for fixes to all of the bugs (and that's not counting the atrocious English!) and release a fix, or give us a game credit. This game is definitely NOT up to Big Fish standards.

[Post New]by casualcraze on Jul 1, 09 6:07 PM
it's defiantly not a bug. because I finished that level. Was it challenging yes but we can't just say it's not working because it's a bit challenging. remember it's a strategy game. so you have to have a plan before you start the level. Keep at it and I’m sure you'll beat the expert time

Karisima
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Karisima on Jul 1, 09 6:12 PM
KatOh9 wrote:Personally I think it's another bug in an already extremely buggy game.

For instance, the intro text says "grow 5,000 coral from your own garden". But in reality, the game requires you to grow 100,000. Big difference. I think I came close to the 100k... one time.

As far as achieving the 500k total coral... LOL... not in the time frame for the expert level... just not going to happen.

At this point, I guess I'm hoping Big Fish will either ask the developers for fixes to all of the bugs (and that's not counting the atrocious English!) and release a fix, or give us a game credit. This game is definitely NOT up to Big Fish standards.

I agree with you, the level 27 and 35 it is impossible in the expert level, Big Fish shoud release a patch and send it to all the buyers

Edited on 07/01/2009 at 6:15:16 PM PST

[Post New]by KatOh9 on Jul 1, 09 7:12 PM
casualcraze wrote:it's defiantly not a bug. because I finished that level. Was it challenging yes but we can't just say it's not working because it's a bit challenging. remember it's a strategy game. so you have to have a plan before you start the level. Keep at it and I’m sure you'll beat the expert time

Please feel free to tell us your strategy for beating this level.

rayck
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by rayck on Jul 1, 09 7:46 PM
I can beat the lv35 with golden time. Still working on the lv27

Jon_C
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by Jon_C on Jul 1, 09 9:27 PM
KatOh9 wrote:Personally I think it's another bug in an already extremely buggy game.

Wow KatOh9, you seem to really have something against this game or its developers. For someone with only 4 forum posts (all of which were negative comments on this game) you don't seem to play a lot of Big Fish Games to determine what a "standard" game would be, so perhaps you may be a little envious that such a "buggy" and "disappointing" game as this one managed to get into the World Premier Section of one of the biggest casual game publishers in the World?

I think that says something about this game so i would give at least a small credit where credit is due don't you think?

Edited on 07/01/2009 at 10:30:54 PM PST

Lady_BunBun
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_BunBun on Jul 1, 09 9:44 PM
Jon_C wrote:

Wow KatOh, you seem to really have something against this game or its developers. For someone with only 5 forum posts you don't seem to play a lot of Big Fish Games to know what the "standard" would be so perhaps you may be a little envious that such a buggy game as this one managed to get into the World Premier Section of one of the biggest casual game publishers in North America?

I think that says something about this game so i would give at least a small credit where credit is due don't you think?

And you have one post, this one.

Anyhow, that isn't the point of this thread.

If anyone has any legitimate strategy as to how to beat this level I'm interested in hearing it too because like a few others I believe it's unbeatable. Of course, I'm having a technical issue with the game in general to which I have a complaint into customer service for.

[Post New]by KatOh9 on Jul 2, 09 4:28 AM
Jon_C wrote:
Wow KatOh9, you seem to really have something against this game or its developers. For someone with only 4 forum posts (all of which were negative comments on this game) you don't seem to play a lot of Big Fish Games to determine what a "standard" game would be, so perhaps you may be a little envious that such a "buggy" and "disappointing" game as this one managed to get into the World Premier Section of one of the biggest casual game publishers in the World?

LOL... yes, please attack the person criticizing instead of staying on topic and discussing the game itself. My number of posts is directly correlated to the number of times (since JUNE 2006) that I have been unhappy with a game from Big Fish. ONE TIME. I have purchased and played one or more games a month (from Big Fish) for the past 3 years.

The game is buggy, that's a given. When software is known to be buggy, users will blame all sorts of things on the software. As I said, the intro screen to level 27 says one thing, the game requires something else. Only one person has claimed to have beat this level in expert time, but has offered no tips on how to do it. I don't believe it's possible.

[Post New]by moviequeen on Jul 2, 09 5:58 AM
for me I start out at the bottom of the screen where there are 6 spots. I commercialize 2 and build the prawn shop and then the hardware. Next I demolish all the little shacks and clean off the others. I make sure that I have 8 gardens and 4 manisions (forgive spelling please) I then upgrade everything. On the middle row it is garden house garden house garden house garden
top row with the 3 spots garden house garden
other 2 spots are gardens
My problem is getting the 500,000 coral in the time span
I can get everything else but that.
Don't know if this will help or not

[Post New]by moviequeen on Jul 2, 09 6:00 AM
also, I build the coral, school, filtration and academy
good luck and if anyone has a better idea please post
Thanks,
Linda

Edited on 07/02/2009 at 6:01:08 AM PST

[Post New]by Greek_Goddess22 on Jul 2, 09 8:03 AM

Thanks to rayck for that bit of info. I'll try it out!!

Jon_C
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by Jon_C on Jul 2, 09 8:55 AM
To answer your question KatOH9,

A unique strategy to beat this level would be:

First, buy 2 workers and build a hardware shop and prawn shop at the same time. Then clean the 2 debris and demolish all the small building. Leave the top row as industrial building and at the same time build a coral depot first and buy 2,000 Coral and build a School (which brings frenzy upgrade) after that.

Secondly, once you have enough material replace the Prawn shop to a Jewelry store and build an Academy (this will generate your income) at the same time and then focus on the Gardens. The mansions are not important right now as you can do them last. You need to upgrade all your gardens to 3 star as soon as possible to achieve the "Produce Coral" task.

Thirdly, at the same time you need to buy all the small buildings and replace them with gardens and mansions(only 4 mansions). You can demolish the school to a garden if you still need more Coral.

Remember, you need to keep enough income to keep clicking on the Coral Button, if your total income is more then $100,000 focus more on the Coral as income is not the primary objective. Keep clicking the Coral generated from the gardens as well. With this strategy i still had 30 seconds left. Its hard..but if you work at it I'm sure you can achieve it!!

Edited on 07/02/2009 at 8:55:43 AM PST

Freter
Herring
Herring
316 Posts

[Post New]by Freter on Jul 2, 09 10:08 AM
Thanks Jon_C! This strategy works very well. It is more aggressive then what i am used to, but worked much better then what I did to get Expert. This is a solid strategy I think.

Like I said before, I already got Expert on this level prior to your tip Jon_C, but it did feel as though it was more luck then anything else. This time around it was more controlled. Thanks again!

[Post New]by Greek_Goddess22 on Jul 2, 09 10:17 AM
Good strategy Jon_C, thank you. i had to just keep in mind that I can't get lazy, i was frantically clicking and i got it! There's little room for error and the strategy was different than what had been working for me in the rest of the game.

it was really challenging. But i'm glad i passed it. :-)

Go to: