Casual remarks on game

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

Casual remarks on game

[Post New]by CiChDa on Jun 13, 15 4:56 AM
Jeepers', couldn't even get 15 minutes into the demo.....

Maybe it is because I never played with Barbie dolls (harlequins') when I was a child.

Anyway, no way, not even as a SE.

Oh well, enjoy to those that like these kind of games.

I don't know about the rest you of you fellow fishies', but I can't even use the CC's or my monthly credits now days, due to the games that are being offered. Such a disappointment.

Ci

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

Re:Casual remarks on game

[Post New]by CiChDa on Jun 13, 15 6:09 AM
Anyone - Please pm me with a new gaming site that can offer more than BF does, along with not having to put up with the pathetic amount of spam that always appears on the forums......

I am shaking my head and have had it!

Newmenor
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by Newmenor on Jun 13, 15 6:24 AM
14.22 in Britain - game came up at 08.00 and spam is still there.

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Jun 13, 15 6:42 AM
Oh my! way too many little helpers in this game. I thought we made it clear to developers that we (or most of us) didn't like these little guys.
No buy for me. Sorry!

troischats
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

Casual remarks on game

[Post New]by troischats on Jun 13, 15 7:06 AM
CiChDa wrote:
I don't know about the rest you of you fellow fishies', but I can't even use the CC's or my monthly credits now days, due to the games that are being offered. Such a disappointment.

Ci

It's the same for me. With sadness I finally cancelled my BFG membership last week because my monthly credits were starting to build up and I just could not find something to use them on . A year or two ago I'd probably buy at least 2 or 3 of the new CEs that came out each month, but nowadays it's a real struggle to get excited on a Thursday or Saturday. With the exception of one or two there haven't even been many great betas recently, to at least suggest something exciting in the pipeline. So many games only give you a feeling of deja vu....... I do appreciate the hard work and love that devs put into their games, but goodness, something a little bit new would be soooo nice.

Oh - and as for the spam. It's now 3pm on Saturday afternoon in the UK and this forum is overrun with c**p. OK, so Seattle is 8 hours behind and none of the mods are in the office yet, but meantime BFG's many customers in Europe and further afield have to settle for this muck clogging up forums for most of the day! There must be a way for this issue to be addressed, surely?

Edited on 06/13/2015 at 7:08:02 AM PST

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Jun 13, 15 7:19 AM
How do you use your old game credits when you are no longer a member? Whether it is your CC's or monthly?

Does anyone know?

Oh ya, the dress me up doll, didn't cut it for me. So, I did refer to the game to get this posted.

[Post New]by baglady159 on Jun 13, 15 7:20 AM
Well, its 10:15 on the east coast (US) so it's 7:15 in Seattle and still the spam is everywhere. With so many tech geeks out there you would think someone could figure out a way to block (with a wall or however techies do it) to stop this irritating spam.

I, too, have been considering cancelling my membership after over 8 years with BF. I finally spent two of my credits on a game last week just because I was hungry to play something new, and still I am disappointed. There used to be so many really good games out there to choose from that I was buying 2 or 3 a month on my limited budget. Now my credits add up because there is nothing new of play.

What's happened to the creativity of the developers?

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Jun 13, 15 7:32 AM
CiChDa wrote:How do you use your old game credits when you are no longer a member? Whether it is your CC's or monthly?

Does anyone know?

Oh ya, the dress me up doll, didn't cut it for me. So, I did refer to the game to get this posted.

Here are the rules:
What happens to my credits if I cancel my Game Club membership?

Even though your account will remain active, any remaining Game Club credits will expire one 180 days from the effective date of your most recent membership cancellation. If your membership is reactivated before the expiration date, the credits will no longer be set to expire. If you cancel again, the period of 180 days will be reset, starting on the date of this most recent cancellation.

Once your Game Club membership is canceled (effective on the last day of your monthly billing cycle), the My Game Club page of your account will be updated with the expiration date of your Game Club credits. If you decide to reactivate your membership before the expiration date, the expiration date will be removed. If you then cancel your membership again, a new 180 day credit expiration period will begin.

If you have been given a coupon code from Customer Service, they do not expire.
Punch Card Credits are good for the month.

mmemubon
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by mmemubon on Jun 13, 15 7:34 AM
It is boring and nothing new and that little doll I rather have a pig than her.

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Jun 13, 15 7:53 AM
15.50 Uk time still spam

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on Jun 13, 15 8:27 AM
Haha, a pig would have been cute and not nearly as annoying as that useless harlequin. Unfortunately, I couldn't get past having to find a wardrobe change for my helper before she would offer any help. I wonder who came up with the brilliant idea of having to find clothes for the helper. I think for many of us, Ms. Harlequin is a big no no and really ruined a game that might have had some potential.

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Jun 13, 15 9:11 AM
I find Barbie exceptionally boring. I was around for her creation and didn't like her then and am certainly not dressing her up in some rediculous costume to use her services. Needless to say I won't be buying a game wherein I have to play dolls.

I have several of the Domini developers later games and thought they were on their way up but, this one is like they have fallen off the staircase.

By the way the blue/purple/magenta graphics are a real turn off.

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Jun 13, 15 9:15 AM
Spam, spam spam. Yes, there are ways to control forum spam. Subscribing the forum to an online resource such as "Stop Forum Spam", requiring captcha for new registrants, moderating the first few posts for newbies are just a few of the ways to cut down on it. K-lining known spam domains is rash ( a lot of innocent people who happen to share the same IP numbers as spammers get locked out too with that method). But for whatever reason, the powers that be at BFG are reluctant to do anything more than leave it to the members here to report spam so they can remove it after the fact.

This game...it's not the worst I have demo'd recently, but it's certainly not the best. Not tempted to buy, even with the sale. I had deactivated my BFG membership a couple of years ago when we were in the midst of a move and other life changes, then reactivated it last year when I found myself stuck at home. The games are a pleasant diversion, but I find myself purchasing more puzzle and card type games these days because of the lack of creativity (for the most part) in the hidden object category. When the availability of good puzzlers runs dry, I'll probably opt out again. Most of the really clever games these days are apps that run on tablets and smart phones, not my favorite way to play, but a gal's gotta do what a gal's gotta do.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Jun 13, 15 10:46 AM
The first game in this series was excellent -- long with some challenges and a good story. Hard to believe what has happened to the original premise.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Jun 13, 15 1:51 PM
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to stop by to let everyone know that these spam posts are being automatically generated by professional spammers and not just individual users. Those professional spammers are using bots and other technology to target our Forums.

The appearance of those spam posts is definitely a nuisance and an inconvenience, and I want to assure you that the Forum Moderation Team regularly checks the Forums and removes such posts. We are unable to patrol the Forums around the clock just for spam, so there may be a bit of a wait for their removal at times. If you notice any such posts in the future, the best thing to do would be to flag the posts that you see instead of commenting or replying to them as this creates additional posts that our team will need to remove as well. However, do know that such a large number of spam posts at once will always be noticed by our team and often flags or PMs from Forums users is often unnecessary.

Moving forward, let's work to keep the focus of this thread on Labyrinths of the World: Forbidden Muse Collector's Edition.

Thanks for your understanding,

bfgWaimea

imaoldlayde
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by imaoldlayde on Jun 13, 15 6:21 PM
I was enjoying this game and doing a pretty good job of not letting blondie bother me but cowgirl swinging from a bell did me in.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Jun 13, 15 7:45 PM
I too enjoyed the first game of the series, except for the doll, which I found excessive, even though I do not dislike "helpers" as a rule, if they add some amusement to the story for me.
But even I have my limits, and when I was given a chance to beta the game, I told them to make Owen walk less like a robot
and to either get rid of the doll, or make her a lot less precious......and to quit having her waving and gesturing when she had a task she can do.

I also suggested several other things they did not do, like getting rid of the "drunken camera" when the detective is moving from place to place.

Still, on the strength of the first game having some tough puzzles and great artwork, I decided to go ahead and buy the game on the 60% off sale.

If nothing else, I can enjoy making fun of the game as I play it.
If it is no where near as good as their first in the series was, I will simply stop buying the series.....because non of it is worth my having conniptions about it.....or as one person said, getting my panties in a twist.

ljmb21
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by ljmb21 on Jun 13, 15 7:54 PM
I agree with most, the little helpers are annoying and from the demo this is not the quality of a collectors edition.....no buy for me

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

Casual remarks on game

[Post New]by judy76073 on Jun 13, 15 11:04 PM
CiChDa wrote:Jeepers', couldn't even get 15 minutes into the demo.....

Maybe it is because I never played with Barbie dolls (harlequins') when I was a child.

Anyway, no way, not even as a SE.

Oh well, enjoy to those that like these kind of games.

Ci

I hear you - I've had many "pcc's" that I've had to toss because of expiration dates - no half decent normal games to buy to use them up - sometimes I buy a mediocre game with a "pcc" just so I don't lose the credit - I've been on many other game sites, and it seems nobody has anything good to offer.

Edited on 06/13/2015 at 11:10:13 PM PST

huffpatsy
Herring
Herring
301 Posts

[Post New]by huffpatsy on Jun 14, 15 5:41 AM
I have to say as well, I totally agree with all the above remarks I have read. I thought maybe it was just me. I hate to give up my membership after all these years, but the games are just not UP TO PAR!! My games do help give me the relaxation I need but not of late.

Some games have issues and are never fixed and could possibly be played. I have a couple that I would like to finish.

I have a build up of free games and I do not like paying on a limited income for lousy games.

Go to: