petrinov
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

review

[Post New]by petrinov on Jun 13, 15 6:49 AM
Well, I for one am happy to see a game that is a little different than the mainstream of games that we have been getting. I know it's not Big Fishes fault, and they bring to their customers the "best" of what there is out there, but it is frustrating if all these game developers keep putting the same plain jane themes out there. This game I find is a little more challenging, and with the sale prices is much less in Canada that paying $14.29/game. If there weren't any specials on, I probably wouldn't be buying.

Also, to mention all this spam it is sooooo annoying. I can't believe that there isn't anyone there at BF to take this stuff down as soon as it get through!

Anyway folks, game on!!

Calais30
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

Re:review

[Post New]by Calais30 on Jun 13, 15 10:32 AM
Glad to see a review that's not focused on dressing up the doll. Thanks!

dippydebby
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by dippydebby on Jun 13, 15 12:36 PM
Dressing up and cute helpers do not determine whether or not I buy a game. I like this and will buy it.

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Jun 13, 15 2:26 PM
dippydebby wrote:Dressing up and cute helpers do not determine whether or not I buy a game. I like this and will buy it.

I totally agree. It played exceptional well, no black screen or stalling. Fast pace from beginning to end. And the price was right.
I much enjoyed it and will - for sure - play it again.

To petrinov,

It's not always the developers fault. Distributors are known to dismiss the finished product and direct developers to change their games to suit whatever the Distributor believes their customers cares about. Often, if a game doesn't come out when promised, it may well be due to changes that the Distributer is insisting on.

sullysdragons
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by sullysdragons on Jun 13, 15 3:03 PM
I honestly can't say whether I was really going to enjoy this game or not - based on the demo. That was the shortest demo I can remember, coming in right at 30 minutes for me. I can't believe I'm that fast of a game player, that I zipped along to the end of the demo in that little time. Most of the 90 minute demos take me close to 60 minutes or so.

That said, I won't be buying this one until it is 1/2 price. (6.99).

Sorry,

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Jun 13, 15 8:40 PM
sullysdragons wrote:I won't be buying this one until it is 1/2 price. (6.99).

As of yesterday, the game was discounted 60% off the retail price. The deal is good till 11:59 PM, Sunday, Pacific Daylight Savings Time.

CE Code: RELAX
SE Code: BREAK

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Jun 14, 15 5:30 AM
Calais30 wrote:Glad to see a review that's not focused on dressing up the doll. Thanks!

Exactly! There is only one review in the Review thread that isn't a complaint focusing on the "helper" doll.

I guess we've figured out what it takes to get a game "reviewed" in the Forums. Developers just need to include a "helper" in their games and people will show up to let them know how "we all" (except, in reality, a very small amount of us) feel about one aspect of their game.

I'm just assuming that's the only thing a developer cares about having praised/critiqued considering those games clearly don't include any other features that are deserving of attention in reviews.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jun 15, 15 2:08 AM
GameLvr30 wrote:
Calais30 wrote:Glad to see a review that's not focused on dressing up the doll. Thanks!

Exactly! There is only one review in the Review thread that isn't a complaint focusing on the "helper" doll.

I guess we've figured out what it takes to get a game "reviewed" in the Forums. Developers just need to include a "helper" in their games and people will show up to let them know how "we all" (except, in reality, a very small amount of us) feel about one aspect of their game.

I'm just assuming that's the only thing a developer cares about having praised/critiqued considering those games clearly don't include any other features that are deserving of attention in reviews.

I did complain about the doll helper in my review but not to the exclusion of any other aspect of the game. And I didn't assume that 'we all' wouldn't like the doll (apart from many male players who I presume are not into dressing up dolls but of course each to his own). My review was based on my opinion, not what I assumed anyone else would say.

The fact that the majority of the reviewers both here and on the main page did not like the doll helper would suggest that it is not 'a small amount' that dislike that aspect of the game. And I review many games; I didn't 'show up' just for this one.

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Jun 19, 15 8:04 AM
I just want to thank the two people (out of 14) who reviewed the game without focusing on complaining about the "helper" doll.

I am so glad the developers are not listening to the very small amount of Forum posters (often the same ones) who just like to post reviews to complain about "helpers" and are instead listening to the majority (all the people buying their games) who either like or don't mind having "helpers" in their games.

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Jun 20, 15 5:02 PM
Wow. I don't think my review "focused" on the doll at all. I said I didn't like it and why I didn't like it.

I also mentioned the things I DID like and the reasons, plural, I wouldn't be purchasing.

I thought a review was all about our INDIVIDUAL thoughts on a game.

edit: I also said I thought the first one was much better than this one. That is my INDIVIDUAL opinion.

Edited on 06/20/2015 at 5:09:41 PM PST

Go to: