lhilman
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Help!!!! I'm stuck at the Thyme Section

[Post New]by lhilman on Jun 29, 09 9:50 AM
I played the first two sections very successfully. Now I've played this section into the ground about 20 times! It is different everytime, but I cannot get past it. I always lower the prices well into the sale section, I know about Flo, although I don't see her very much.

I'm really enjoying this game, just need some help!

Thanks,
Laura

odeion
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Re:Help!!!! I'm stuck at the Thyme Section

[Post New]by odeion on Jul 8, 09 6:12 AM
I am having the same trouble, but what do you know about Flo? I must have missed that.

Anyone have any ideas how to get through this section?

fillet2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by fillet2 on Jul 10, 09 11:23 PM
Try not lowering the prices well into the sale section. You'll make more profit. You don't have to win the daily challenges. Profit is the most important in real life, so it would make sense that it's important in this game.

fillet2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by fillet2 on Jul 10, 09 11:56 PM
Oh and people won't buy dishes if it doesn't contain their favourite ingredients after a while.
It doesn't matter how cheap the dish is, if they don't want to eat it, they won't buy it.

So charge premium prices, so that you can buy more recipes.

[Post New]by he_an_vo on Jul 12, 09 7:55 PM
@ odeion:

if you see flo on the street, you can click on her and she will advertise to customers for free. hope this helps

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Oct 15, 09 11:28 PM
fillet2 wrote:Oh and people won't buy dishes if it doesn't contain their favourite ingredients after a while.
It doesn't matter how cheap the dish is, if they don't want to eat it, they won't buy it.

So charge premium prices, so that you can buy more recipes.
Or they'll buy a different dish that has 2 or 3 of their favorite ingredients rather than only one--or none. The reason the only dish available succeeds so well on the first day in a new place is precisely because there aren't any other choices ... yet.

One stupid thing I realized I was doing was to reduce a dish's price to below cost in order to keep selling it. Usually the correct move is to just take it off the menu. I suppose selling at a loss would be better than getting nothing from an ingredient you couldn't move any other way, but there don't seem to be any such ingredients; there's always another dish they can go into that at least one character-type will buy.

Also, see the "Tips and Tricks" and "I think this game cheats" threads, especially about resetting daily challenges. It would be nice if the goals were all reasonable, but very often they're impossible. Or worse, meeting the challenge--say, buying a sign when you barely have enough money for ingredients--is ruinous, but not meeting it gives Grub Burger another leg up. (Not that grubs have legs, of course, ...)

Go to: