HOS in the Alley

jaxxgirl
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

HOS in the Alley

[Post New]by jaxxgirl on Jun 14, 15 3:39 PM
I'm down to needing to break the parrot so that I can get the lollipop, but can't find what to use to do so! Tried a hint, and was told to "move along." Played the Match 3 for about 10 minutes, removed over a dozen Eipix tokens, but the blue item (lollipop) never was removed. I can see that, at the end, I will get the third bird for the tree emblem, but can't get past the parrot and the lollipop. AARRRGGGHHH!

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

Re:HOS in the Alley

[Post New]by jcsgame on Jun 14, 15 4:01 PM
You're not alone jaxxgirl.....I just hit the same spot.

I cannot get past the HO either.

Played the Match-3 game for quite a time; the "e" kept regenerating.
The HINT states "move along".

Looks like a there is a problem with this area of the game.

I'm sending Big Fish a problem notice.

Hopefully they will get the game fixed.

jaxxgirl
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by jaxxgirl on Jun 14, 15 5:20 PM
Thanks for the post, jcsgame. Misery loves company, I guess, but mostly good to know that I am not alone having this problem. I've clicked on every possible (and a lot of impossible) objects in the HOS to use to break the parrot, with no luck. Not used to having the "hint" button not show me what to look for, and REALLY don't get why the Match 3 didn't work right. Sigh. I'll send a report, too, when I get a chance, but maybe yours will get this fixed.

jaxxgirl
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by jaxxgirl on Jun 14, 15 6:35 PM
Sent a report, and a Dr. Felix file. Hopefully they can find a fix.

GGirl52
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by GGirl52 on Jun 14, 15 7:30 PM
How do you "send a report"? I've never done it. I, too, am stuck at this point.

acter
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

HOS in the Alley

[Post New]by acter on Jun 15, 15 4:05 AM
Look on the shelf where the two hats and mask are located.

jaxxgirl wrote:I'm down to needing to break the parrot so that I can get the lollipop, but can't find what to use to do so! Tried a hint, and was told to "move along." Played the Match 3 for about 10 minutes, removed over a dozen Eipix tokens, but the blue item (lollipop) never was removed. I can see that, at the end, I will get the third bird for the tree emblem, but can't get past the parrot and the lollipop. AARRRGGGHHH!

jaxxgirl
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

HOS in the Alley

[Post New]by jaxxgirl on Jun 15, 15 5:17 AM
acter wrote:Look on the shelf where the two hats and mask are located.

jaxxgirl wrote:I'm down to needing to break the parrot so that I can get the lollipop, but can't find what to use to do so! Tried a hint, and was told to "move along." Played the Match 3 for about 10 minutes, removed over a dozen Eipix tokens, but the blue item (lollipop) never was removed. I can see that, at the end, I will get the third bird for the tree emblem, but can't get past the parrot and the lollipop. AARRRGGGHHH!

Just tried that, acter, but no luck. I looked and clicked all over that shelf, but to no avail. I see the hats,and the mask, but nothing to pick up, no matter what I try. Thanks, though. Maybe I'll try micro-clicking around it some more.

[Post New]by mslaurmar on Jun 16, 15 4:49 PM
Thanks for posting. I'm having the same issue and nothing on the shelf is working for me either. I'll send a msg to support too.

[Post New]by MzWort on Jun 19, 15 12:10 PM
Same problem - and this is after I downloaded and installed the updated version.

[Post New]by TheAmethyst1 on Jun 19, 15 9:28 PM
Having the same issue with the parrot and the fish balloon, nothing to pick up or click on. I even uninstalled and re-installed the game, still not working any further updates for this issue?

[Post New]by hippielady on Jul 4, 15 5:46 PM
Same exact problem that you all have expressed. No fix has been posted for this yet??

[Post New]by ajjscott on Jul 6, 15 1:41 PM
Me too - can't see a solution. I've tried changing the difficulty level (which has occasionally solved this kind of problem) but no dice.

Edited on 07/06/2015 at 1:41:57 PM PST

SirensKiss
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by SirensKiss on Jul 15, 15 4:11 PM
Exactly the same for me and boy is it annoying .

Unfortunately I am on not on the usual social media sites ie; Facebook, but wonder if there were any point in approaching the developer directly and asking for some kind of patch?

Noticed when there's been a problem before they do seem to be quite responsive and sort things out.

They do make excellent games and are def one of my favourites. Fingers (and fins) crossed they rectify this issue.

Have a good week fellow fishes!!

5TooMany
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by 5TooMany on Jul 16, 15 4:34 AM
I did contact the developer directly about a week ago. They advised me today that they have sent a fix to Big Fish. Hopefully we will all see it soon.

SirensKiss
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by SirensKiss on Jul 16, 15 5:12 PM
Thank you very much 5TooMany, that's great news.

Appreciate you contacting them .

Hopefully we'll get a fix soon and get back to enjoying an otherwise brilliant game.

Have a good weekend .

[Post New]by Morrighan71 on Jul 25, 15 8:48 AM
I have the same problem as you others - I am still trying to break the damn parrot, and can't find the damned baseball bat. I have clicked all over the screen - and nothing happens. I'm pretty fed up now, so I am going to uninstall the game. Definitely not worth the money.

GGirl52
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by GGirl52 on Jul 26, 15 6:16 PM
Any news on a fix for this? I love these games and this is really ticking me off!!! However, I've been buying these games for about 5 years and this is only the second game I've had a problem with - the other was Unsolved Mystery Club Ancient Astronauts. That one never did get fixed, as far as I know.

Edited on 07/26/2015 at 6:16:40 PM PST

SirensKiss
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by SirensKiss on Jul 29, 15 6:33 PM
Doesn't seem to be any fix yet .

I sent a pm to a moderator and was assured that whenever they had received a fix for this problem one would be posted.

Like the previous post I buy a lot of games (especially from this developer) and have come across a few games with glitches, but the majority have been fixed.

This game also refuses to acknowledge in the achievements that you have done a h/o using only the match game too.

Don't know if this is linked to main issue?

We really need some kind of patch, it's been too long a wait!

Is it worth contacting the developer again I wonder??

[Post New]by patmanthey on Aug 1, 15 3:33 PM
Same here! Waste of money if not fixed!

[Post New]by Ibegigi2 on Aug 1, 15 9:19 PM
Hello everyone - It looks like this problem is finally fixed. I played the game tonight and although I didn't know what to look for to smash the bird, I clicked all around in the scene and finally found what turned out to what looked like a bat that allowed me to pick it up and smash the bird. If I remember correctly, it was just below where the two hats and mask are located (about the middle of the screen). Hope this helps everyone.
After accomplishing this fete, I had a problem with what seems to be a problem in the instructions in the guide. The last sentence of this scene says that you will receive a dove and it DOES give you a dove that is already placed where your objects are kept (at the bottom of the scene) but what the instructions left out is that you have to click on this dove to get the real dove (which is red) that is needed for the next steps in the bridal shop.
Ibegigi2

Go to: