bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dracula Origin here

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 15, 15 11:21 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

smee1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dracula Origin here

[Post New]by smee1 on Jul 15, 15 12:22 PM
Ive owned this game for a couple of years and have recently been playing some of my older games. However, this one loads and installs fine but when I click " new game" tab all I get is a black screen and the game does not start. If I go back to " saved games" tab and try and load one of the saved parts of the game it flashes back to the main menu and wont load anything. Please help BF I love this game.

[Post New]by batman144144 on Aug 11, 15 7:26 AM
I may have found the solution for this. I just downloaded and installed Dracula Origin today and had the same issue with the New Game button and the blank screen. I believe the problem is with PhysX. This game does not like newer versions of it. Here is what I recommend:

Go to your Control Panel in Windows and under Programs, click on "Uninstall a program."
Uninstall Dracula Origin.
Uninstall Nvidia PhysX. (Some recommend using third-party software to uninstall thoroughly; I didn't find this to be necessary.)
Reinstall Dracula Origin from BigFish. (The only way I know of doing this is to also re-download the files.)
During the install, a different, older version of PhysX will install itself. The version it installed on my machine was 8.10.13. This is what the game needs to run. If you have a more current version installed, this older version will probably not install and the game will not run.

Now, I know this is not such a great solution if you are also playing another game that needs a more current version of PhysX, but this is the only answer I know of. Hope this helps.

Edited on 08/11/2015 at 7:28:21 AM PST

[Post New]by Heart_Light on Sep 23, 15 4:29 PM
Hi, I have just uninstalled and re-installed Dracula Origin. When I press the play buttion it says "can't load plug-in". What does this mean? How do I fix it? Thank you.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Sep 24, 15 3:31 PM
Hi Heart_Light,

I'm sorry to hear that there's trouble with playing the game. To start, we've found that the steps in the following help article can address the issue that you're experiencing:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you'd like additional assistance, I recommend that you contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always glad to help.

Thank you for your patience,

bfgWaimea

Go to: