My Opinion of this Game

HighlandMax
Manatee
Manatee
3,824 Posts

My Opinion of this Game

[Post New]by HighlandMax on Jun 29, 09 6:44 PM
If I were asked to rate this game, I would have to be honest and say it is borring.
The sound is messed up, it takes far too long to go from scene to scene. There are 20 chapters with 6 rooms per chapter plus mini games. The gembox puzzles were interesting, and the water pipe puzzle was too, but there were far too many letters that had to be pieced together, plus in the rooms, it was the same objects over and over again.
I am rather sorry I bought it.

ComputerCharm
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,537 Posts

Re:My Opinion of this Game

[Post New]by ComputerCharm on Jun 29, 09 6:46 PM
Thanks for the info Max. I am debating on buying this one. Now I will have to give it 2nd thought.

Charm

karenplop
Catfish
Catfish
1,609 Posts

[Post New]by karenplop on Jun 29, 09 6:48 PM
I found this game just as tiresome as the first one in the series. I didn't buy it and din't play the demo all the way through either. Not my cup of tea.

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

[Post New]by lineck on Jun 29, 09 10:06 PM
Yes I found it boring boring, I am only on chapter 3 but it will have to be a real boring day no books and no other games to play before I will finish.

If you like stricktly H O then that is okay as they are not too hard or too easy and not too dark, but have been spoilt with the better H O G games, also not keen on the scenes, I like happy or funny or Oh Oh scenes to entertain me, but found in them a place I would not like to be, if that makes sense, also fed up with the wait between scenes, I have enough with the wait with adv on TV, The puzzles are okay so far not hard but not differant.. well my winge for today.

Cheers
lineck

sunnny
Manatee
Manatee
3,945 Posts

[Post New]by sunnny on Jul 1, 09 1:29 PM
If this game existed at the time when I was getting addicted to HOGs, I would have loved it.
Actually the style reminds me of the Hidden Expedition series.

Right now however, straight HOG is a bit boring, the minigames in this game too easy.

This is not a complaint, I am glad I bought this game and will finish it in between
other games, when I just need to relax.

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

[Post New]by Euskalduna on Jul 1, 09 4:09 PM
ComputerCharm wrote:Thanks for the info Max. I am debating on buying this one. Now I will have to give it 2nd thought.

Charm

Don't waste your money. Simple, boring, unattractive. I have one chapter more to finish it and I'm not looking forward to it.

Edited on 07/01/2009 at 4:09:22 PM PST

lvd04
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by lvd04 on Jul 4, 09 5:01 PM
I think there is way too much dialog and no way to skip it. Apparently, the skip button takes you to the next chapter.
However, the graqqphics are first rate.

Caraface
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Caraface on Jul 5, 09 6:32 AM
I agree that it is boring and loooooooooooooong. I love a good long game, but when you're doing the same thing over and over again it gets tiring. I was getting to the point that it would only take me about 30 seconds to find all the objects in a room because I'd seen them so many times before. I would have been happier about this game if the ending wasn't so awful, too......absolutely no surprises, no closure (probably waiting for #3), nothing. It felt like a colossal waste of time

amby0625
Clownfish
Clownfish
511 Posts

[Post New]by amby0625 on Jul 5, 09 8:08 AM
it sounds like its really similar to the first. i was bored with the first one too. you just keep searching for the same objects over & over.

wager371
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by wager371 on Jul 5, 09 2:25 PM
This had to be one of the worst games I have ever played. The haunted house Margrave Manor was fantastic. I was hoping it would be as good as that. What a huge disappointment! Don't bother with this game. You go into the same 6 rooms over and over. I memorized where everything was hidden. I couldn't get done with it fast enough. Then after everything you go through to get to the end they don't even show you what the treasure is.
Very boring game.

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by dlb628 on Jul 5, 09 11:12 PM
I like it so far. I'm only on Chapter 3, though. The sound problem is so irritating to me, though, that I'm not sure I'll finish it.

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by dlb628 on Jul 7, 09 6:27 PM
I'm revising my previous opinion of this game. I wouldn't recommend it. The sound problems were annoying, and I encountered another problem that no one has mentioned. The dialog flashed (and I mean literally flashed) across my screen way too fast for any human being to read it. I don't really need challenging puzzles to keep me happy, but I want as much of the plot as I can get. I never skip the dialogs. So, to not be able to see a lot of the dialog was really annoying. There could easily have been a dialog box that allowed you to close it yourself when you were finished reading. It seems like there was a good game here, but I could neither hear nor read it.

[Post New]by imahippy on Jul 10, 09 4:40 PM
Boring in the extreme. Really mad I bought this one. Same thing over and over, didn't even finish the game.

kosi
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by kosi on Jul 10, 09 5:59 PM
I agree this is the most boring game I have ever played. Same objects in every screen. So boring!!!
kosi

[Post New]by babs51 on Jul 10, 09 11:23 PM
I really like this game - for me it has a story line but I cannot play for hours on end because I work and that I think is the point of these games - you do not sit at the computer for hours on end to complete them - we are meant to have a life outside of the computer - in fact I must say that nearly every game on this site is a challenge especially when you need to involve them into your everyday life - and I need to disagree with the same objects in every room - as you get further along new objects are being introduced - sorry I hope I have not offended anyone on site by my comments.
Cheers

[Post New]by ChristmasEve on Jul 11, 09 10:07 PM
I just finished the game and have to agree with most of you. It was so boring and a total waste of one of my credits. It just kept going on and on. I know we all like games that last a little while but this one just kept repeating the objects to find, really simple puzzles, twenty chapters with 6 games in each chapter, a total disappointment. I couldn't wait to get it finished. I kept thinking there would be a big ending. Wrong. The ending was a real let down.

[Post New]by ChachaCaliZona on Jul 12, 09 12:54 PM
sunnny wrote:If this game existed at the time when I was getting addicted to HOGs, I would have loved it.
Actually the style reminds me of the Hidden Expedition series.

Right now however, straight HOG is a bit boring, the minigames in this game too easy.

This is not a complaint, I am glad I bought this game and will finish it in between
other games, when I just need to relax.

I agree Sunny.
I would've totally dug it a few years ago. But it is relaxing and cool in a non-challenging way.

[Post New]by anne414 on Jul 12, 09 5:07 PM
Have to agree - and expound! Extremely tedious, I couldn't wait to get through it. Repetitive, not really challenging......they could have at least switched up some of the objects........disappointing.

Phyrie
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by Phyrie on Jul 15, 09 1:29 AM
This is my very first post here, and I am glad to have found the forums. That said, I must concur: this game was so boring, I FORCED myself to finish it, because I try not to start a new one unless I've finished the one at hand. I am bleary-eyed and have a headache, just from bashing through. If I never see a magnet, snail shell, mushroom or basket again, it will be too soon!

I found the voice acting quite pleasant, but that's about it. There are much better games out there than this one.

Phyrie

[Post New]by skaercher on Jul 15, 09 6:08 PM
Cool graphics, but them completely and totally BORING BORING BORING - I went through ALL 20 BORING chapters thinking MAYBE the end might be better but it was awful. The only thing good is the graphics, same old stuff every chapter,except for the puzzles they were okay. I am sorry I wasted the money. Very disappointed.

Go to: