bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to The Magician's Handbook II: Blacklore forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 30, 09 12:05 AM
Welcome to The Magician's Handbook II: Blacklore forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other The Magician's Handbook II: Blacklore players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

Re:Welcome to The Magician's Handbook II: Blacklore forum

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Jun 30, 09 4:23 AM
I am a little disappointed in the game this time. It doesn't have that eerie feel that the 1st one had to it. That was one thing I liked about the first one. Some of the objects are small and hard to find. . I haven't decided whether or not I am going to buy the game.

kishimojun
Stingray
Stingray
4,534 Posts

[Post New]by kishimojun on Jun 30, 09 4:36 AM
So thrilled it's finally here! Thank you !

[Post New]by battypatty on Jun 30, 09 6:21 AM
More of a "buried object" than hidden and the scenes are blurry. I downloaded the hours free trial and binned it after 40 mins. BORING!

sylvia99
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by sylvia99 on Jun 30, 09 7:57 AM
I bought it and like it very much. Is there a walkthrough or game-guide available ?

Renee02
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,068 Posts

[Post New]by Renee02 on Jun 30, 09 8:09 AM
sylvia99 wrote:I bought it and like it very much. Is there a walkthrough or game-guide available ?

there is one available in the blog here. the link is:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/the-magicians-handbook-ii-blacklore-walkthrough/

whebeck
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by whebeck on Jun 30, 09 8:16 AM
So far so good, but keep getting an error and it quits on me, then I have to go back in and start again.

giggyann
Catfish
Catfish
1,721 Posts

[Post New]by giggyann on Jun 30, 09 8:39 AM
Sorry trashed it after 20 minutes. Blurry, blurry ,blurry. Great it has no timer button but need clearer pictures. So I guess it's back to killing zombies.
giggyann

pnk96722
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by pnk96722 on Jun 30, 09 4:04 PM
giggyann wrote:Sorry trashed it after 20 minutes. Blurry, blurry ,blurry. Great it has no timer button but need clearer pictures. So I guess it's back to killing zombies.
giggyann

Hi Giggyann (cute name),

I noticed several of us are having the same blurry (pixelated) problem and have asked Bryce (the developer) what to do about it. I hope he doesn't tell us to change our screen resolution cause that messes up all my desktop icons so its not an option for me. However, if I get a satisfactory answer from Bryce, I'll let everyone know.

I LOVE the zombies. BRAINS!!! (I'm safe, though. No brains here ) I just can't seem to get past a certain point. Oh, well, practice makes perfect.

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on Jul 1, 09 6:13 PM
Not for me! I remember the first one and thought how the scenes were just so cluttered. Thought maybe it wouldn't be like that with this one. 7 minutes into the demo and hated it. I don't like games where you have to struggle to find an object because the scenes are so full. Gives me a headache. The graphics aren't that impressive. First scene I was in, there's this book flapping around...so distracting! I have to give this a just like the first one. Sorry.

azmesa340
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by azmesa340 on Jul 9, 09 4:15 PM

Very disappointed - Items too small and keys impossible to find - am sorry I purchased it.

woolfood
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by woolfood on Jul 13, 09 4:51 AM
yah, it can be better, the items realy too small and blure, sorry, not for me

[Post New]by dizzydame281 on Jul 16, 09 7:52 PM
I agree, the items are soooooo tiny, made my eyes burn and the starting of a headache. so probably won't bother with buying this game.

tayers81
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,692 Posts

[Post New]by tayers81 on Jul 17, 09 10:29 PM
I just bought and downloaded this game. I really liked the first one because it was more difficult to find the items--I usually blow through a hidden object game within a few hours and I liked how the first one took me a loooooooong time to finish. The only thing I was disappointed about was the end where I had to find those 4 runes. I could only find 3 runes though, and despite the help on the forums I finally had to just give up on it. I'll try it again at some point, but I thought maybe the second one would be a little better. I'm a little nervous though after hearing that some of you have had to deal with blurry graphics. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope this problem isn't too bad! Thanks for the heads up though--at least I won't be surprised by it.

Edited on 07/17/2009 at 10:29:43 PM PST

tayers81
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,692 Posts

[Post New]by tayers81 on Jul 18, 09 2:34 PM
I'm stuck trying to find the black key in the Throne Room in Chapter 4. Help please!

azmesa340
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by azmesa340 on Jul 19, 09 11:34 AM
items too small, and same items kept repeating in the scenes - didn't finish. Makers should take clues from Edgar Allen Poe Conspiracy - great graphics and objects easier to find.

azmesa340
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by azmesa340 on Jul 19, 09 11:45 AM
P.S. - the keys were so hard to find especially the "black" ones.

lydiajmack
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by lydiajmack on Jul 25, 09 11:17 AM
Moderator and Legendia:

I cannot access the Wand of Keys although i have played the game all the way through 10 times. One of the posts to this forum on Jul 14 (Legendia it was your post and of course I cannot find it now) states that a newer version 1.03 was available to correct this problem. the post said to just download off the BFG webite on top of the version 1.0. That did not work for me so I contacted BFG by email. they state they do not have the version 1.03 and that the developer has not released it to them. What gives?? Lydia

Legendia
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by Legendia on Jul 26, 09 5:07 AM
I'm sorry you are having that problem.

That bug has been fixed. Unfortunately Big Fish is still working on updating their download 10 days later. You might want to contact tech support and customer service on this problem and push them to correct their download and then notify the players that purchased the game through them, that the new version is available.

I was on the beta team, and could not wait for the final version to come out. When it did I purchased it immediately from the developer (and Bryce [developer]) is pretty much a 1 man team.

With the economy the way it is, I really wanted to support Bryce's efforts and purchase the game immediately. BTW: The developer has released it to them, and did so days ago. In fact, I did get a pm from Bryce on July 18th stating that "Last I heard they were looking at the updated build, but I can't guess at when or if they'll post it. Hopefully the do! "

Edited on 07/26/2009 at 5:13:05 AM PST

HasNazir
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,264 Posts

[Post New]by HasNazir on Nov 14, 09 5:20 PM
Unfortunately I won't be buying this game -I brought the first version and was happy with that, but this one has been over complicated the first version the view was a lot similiar to look around, its a shame because a lot of hard work as gone into this game-but hidden object game is actually about making things really hard too find as it's supposed to be a casual relaxing game also I didn't follow the story line at all which is supposed to be the whole fun of looking around areas -which they missed as they just concentrated on making the scenery look good.

Go to: