Hi All from the developer

Hi All from the developer

[Post New]by BCSoftGames on Jun 30, 09 3:17 PM
Hey all I'm the developer of the game (if you look at the credits I designed, produced, and programmed it; I'm one of the few one person dev studios still out there ).

I just wanted to introduce myself and let you all know that I'm listening to and appreciate feedback, good or bad (as long as you actually spent some time playing the game!), and you're welcome to message me your feedback, or just post it here in the forums which I'll look at and respond when possible.

Cheers,

- Bryce (Owner BC Soft Games)

ComputerCharm
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,537 Posts

Re:Hi All from the developer

[Post New]by ComputerCharm on Jun 30, 09 3:26 PM
Welcome and thanks for visiting us.

I really liked the demo and am going to buy the game. Keep up the good work.

Question: Did you develope the 1st game? It is on my to buy list

Charm

kishimojun
Stingray
Stingray
4,534 Posts

[Post New]by kishimojun on Jun 30, 09 3:35 PM
I loved the first game and was very excited to hear that a sequel was coming. It is just FANTASTIC!!! I love it. And, since you are the one developing these, I guess I can forgive the lag til this beauty came out.

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Jun 30, 09 3:40 PM
Hello Bryce,

Can you tell me why both Magician Handbook games have large square pixels on my PC (and hubby's office laptop)? The graphics are so badly distorted I can't even see half the hidden objects, especially the tiny ones.

I just bought a new & upgraded graphics/video card - had the geek squad put it in and they also ran a check on my PC for any outdated software & problems. My PC is:

Vista
32 bit
IE 7
BFG - NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS 512MB DDR2 PCI Express Graphics Card
22" flat screen monitor.

I wish I could figure this out. Thanks!

pnk96722
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by pnk96722 on Jun 30, 09 3:40 PM
Hi developer fish. One question, my screen shots are somewhat blurry (pixelated). What should I do?

Same system and problem as scotcat except I have NVIDIA GeForce 8600. Everything is up-to-date.

Thank you Brycefish

Edited on 06/30/2009 at 3:44:03 PM PST

chandlersmom
Herring
Herring
373 Posts

[Post New]by chandlersmom on Jun 30, 09 3:47 PM
This is a good game. But somethings on the list are hard to see or make out(like the pixels or something is not right). I know the object of the game is to find hidden objects but I guess I was looking to hard and it gave me a headache. Its still up in the air whether I will purchase this game or not...

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Jun 30, 09 4:06 PM
Hi Everyone,

If you have Technical Support questions, we recommend that you go to our help pages and contact our Customer Support department. The forums are not designed particularly well for resolving these types of issues. If there is a problem with the game, the Customer Support team will work with the Bryce to correct it.

You can contact the Customer Support team by clicking on the "We're Here to Help!" link on the right side of this page.

bfgErie

[Post New]by venusshines2000 on Jun 30, 09 4:09 PM
scotcat wrote:Hello Bryce,

Can you tell me why both Magician Handbook games have large square pixels on my PC (and hubby's office laptop)? The graphics are so badly distorted I can't even see half the hidden objects, especially the tiny ones.

I just bought a new & upgraded graphics/video card - had the geek squad put it in and they also ran a check on my PC for any outdated software & problems. My PC is:

Vista
32 bit
IE 7
BFG - NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS 512MB DDR2 PCI Express Graphics Card
22" flat screen monitor.

I wish I could figure this out. Thanks!

Hello Bryce..I too, have the pixelated sceen shots..I'm running the vista 32 bit and even with a magnifying glass..cannot find the items. I would love to purchase this game..but at this point I "see" {lol} no reason too..I would love too..since HOG's are my passion. I was wondering if I changed the resolution on my screen if that would help? Love the game tho..too bad I can't play without getting a headache..Any help would be great and thanks for taking the time to visit us.

wenjam
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by wenjam on Jun 30, 09 4:13 PM
Great game.

Has just enough challenge, without it driving you crazy. One of the best games of Hidden Object games I have played.

Edited on 06/30/2009 at 4:15:08 PM PST

pnk96722
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by pnk96722 on Jun 30, 09 4:15 PM
bfgErie wrote:Hi Everyone,

If you have Technical Support questions, we recommend that you go to our help pages and contact our Customer Support department. The forums are not designed particularly well for resolving these types of issues. If there is a problem with the game, the Customer Support team will work with the Bryce to correct it.

You can contact the Customer Support team by clicking on the "We're Here to Help!" link on the right side of this page.

bfgErie

Just curious, wouldn't it be more time effective if Tech Support would peruse the Forum of any new game that comes out to see if there are any problems with it so they have a head start? I think that would be very nice customer service.

gapalms
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by gapalms on Jun 30, 09 4:36 PM
I demo'ed, bought it, and have been playing this game off and on ALL day! It is the most challenging Hidden Object Game that I've played in awhile. Yes, it is very hard to see some of the objects, and I have been playing the timed version--it is kicking my buttocks!! I am level 7 or 8 and having to replay at least twice now. The hidden objects lists always change, but actually, I am delighted when a few of them are repeated (due to my timer option).

The puzzles at the end of the chapters can be quite daunting, and I've had to resort to the walkthrough twice to figure what to do.

HOWEVER...I am enjoying the challenge (may be easy for some), and I compliment the developer for the ease and speed of changing from location to location. I have Vista (32) and it is working so smoothly!

Bryce, you have created a great game--all by yourself--AMAZING! Keep it going!

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Jun 30, 09 4:39 PM
bfgErie wrote:Hi Everyone,

bfgErie

Thanks bfgErie, but the developer did ask for comments. Guess I will use the PM. BF customer support has been through my PC many times and never could figure out how to solve the problems, so I kinda just quit asking them. I will send the above info to them, but I don't think I will find a solution. Which is weird since Margrave Manor 2 worked just fine on my PC. Go figure, huh?

SKYEBLUETOO
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by SKYEBLUETOO on Jun 30, 09 4:41 PM
Hi Bryce,

Exceptional piece of work....KUDOS to you!!!

Have the first one and bought this one after a short time playing it. Very enjoyable game so far ... LOL.

I just put a msg in this forum asking for help at end of Chapter 4 in the Magician's Library and I won't repeat it here, but can't figure out the 4th amulet. HELP

Keep up the great work!

sillyfeet
Stingray
Stingray
5,447 Posts

[Post New]by sillyfeet on Jun 30, 09 4:41 PM
I played the demo and thought the graphics were excellent,it was appropriately challenging and would be well worth the money. However, I'm on the fence about buying only because the story itself is not my cup of tea...not into warlocks and fairies and all that. But I do think it is a very well done game and if it was my style of story I would be snatching it up. Good job.

[Post New]by venusshines2000 on Jun 30, 09 4:56 PM
Hi All..Just a little update..I went ahead and switched my screen resolution to 1024x768 which fixed the pixel problem..and I forgot that I had to do this with Enlightenus as well. Even though my screen calls for 1440x900, I switched it and after I finished playing I switched it back. Dont know if this will help, but it did help me.

seafood_chef
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by seafood_chef on Jun 30, 09 5:12 PM
Hi Bryce...Nice to see you here. I have questions as well but it seems that the forums here have become quite restricted. I would love to see you open a forum up over at GameZebo. thanks for posting here but I won't waste my time if the mods want us to go elsewhere (see above). No dis to you BF but I would like to chat with Bryce.

See you there!

Edited on 06/30/2009 at 5:13:04 PM PST

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Jun 30, 09 5:13 PM
venusshines2000 wrote:Hi All..Just a little update..I went ahead and switched my screen resolution to 1024x768 which fixed the pixel problem..and I forgot that I had to do this with Enlightenus as well. Even though my screen calls for 1440x900, I switched it and after I finished playing I switched it back. Dont know if this will help, but it did help me.

Whoot-whoot! That worked by jove (on my hubby's laptop). My PC at home goes up to 1600 something resolution, so I will see if changing it works on it when I get home.

See, you can solve problems on the forum. Thanks Venusshines! I forgot about changing the resolution. Duh! I have to do this for 3 Cards To Midnight also.

UPDATE: My PC at home has different number settings & I found the one that works best is 1152 x 864. Hubby's laptop works with 1024 x 768. Just so any of you with the same problem can try it out.

Edited on 06/30/2009 at 7:35:13 PM PST

HighlandMax
Manatee
Manatee
3,824 Posts

[Post New]by HighlandMax on Jun 30, 09 6:03 PM
So far, I am enjoying it very much. I like having to look for the objects instead of them staring at you, and the other new ways of playing instead of the same o same o. Good job !!

grammyapples
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by grammyapples on Jun 30, 09 6:12 PM
I love the game, graphics, and everything about the game!
I am just having a difficult time finding objects with these old eyes.
I can not remember if the first Magicians Handbook was this difficult.

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on Jun 30, 09 6:21 PM
Hi Bryce,

Welcome to BigFish forums. I loved the first Magician's Handbook (and some of the semi-snarky but-oh-so-funny descriptions of real wizard school versus learning via the Handbook). Based on the first, I will definiety be buying the second later this week. If I find a good series of games or a good developer I want to stay with them.

ETA: A one person shop? My god that's impressive!

Edited on 06/30/2009 at 6:22:57 PM PST

Go to: