WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Welcome to Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 22, 10 7:40 PM
idado wrote:I don't seem to be able to get beyond the python. Can't find a parrot

Go back and talk to Charlotte Landry (Cooter's wife).

[Post New]by cleorankin11 on Dec 23, 10 11:45 AM
I need help!! I can not pick up the inventory items. I am to pick up the sponge and mop then the game locks up. I uninstalled and reinstalled my game. Can anyone out there help me?

[Post New]by nangram on Dec 23, 10 3:42 PM
bfgImbrium wrote:Hi fishies,

Just popping in to say that we have all hands on deck to make sure to resolve the installation issue that has arisen!

We'll make sure you're cleared to sail into this adventure as soon as possible me maties!

bfgImbrium

baresalot
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by baresalot on Dec 23, 10 8:15 PM
well i hate to be the one with good news but I LOVED LOVED LOVED THIS GAME. not sure why so many have issues. i have cables . takes a few seconds then its done. and I'm off and playing. this one was good. i could have tuned out the comments and music. but i love these games . thanks .

jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

[Post New]by jdelbove on Dec 26, 10 6:50 AM
yvonnehoho wrote:I'm trying to download 13th Skull for the 3rd time...2,5 hours already and for some reason nobody knows it twice started all over again...and it's very very slow in downloading.
I hope I can play it with full screen, cause the other MCF games are windowed.
Brandnew computer...all other games are in full screen only MCF not
And as I have a 26" screen I want to enjoy it
Cross my fingers

Yvonne

Oh My Goodness! I cannot believe how many Fishies are having so many problems downloading this game and how L O N G it is taking. Does that mean that they are on dial-up and not a broadband connection?
I just finished the game but not without Margie B's help, lol.
My ONLY real complaint is the annoying dialog (especially Mr. Lawson toward the end) and that sniveling Mrs. Lawson. Other than THAT, I thought the game was pretty good. Enjoy.

JoAnne

jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

[Post New]by jdelbove on Dec 26, 10 7:00 AM
linz1983 wrote:im in big need of help i need to open the tin can in the graveyard and i ne3ed to clean the toilets for the bartender how the hell do i do it ive got the plunger but cant seem to get past that bit

You need to call the plumber, his number is on the wall and he will tell you exactly how to do it. Hope this helps......JoAnne

jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

[Post New]by jdelbove on Dec 26, 10 7:03 AM
WilJul wrote:
Lawgirl wrote:I've played the ENTIRE game and now the skull placement will not work. I have tried BOTH the parchment map, which begins with one skull in the upper left corner and also the diagram which is in the walkthrough, which starts with a different skull in the upper left corner position. When I have done either of these placements, no ship rises in the swamp. The skulls do not glow and nothing happens. Help!! I've mostly enjoyed this game a lot but have been stuck for two days due to this problem.

You can only use the diagram you found in the chest under the crypt (which you can find in your casebook). The one in the strategy guide will not work as the placement is random and different for every game. Make sure you are reading the skull numbers correctly. I found them difficult to read when they were in my inventory, but if you scroll your cursor over them, a box will pop up telling you which number skull it is. Hope this helps!

It took ME forever to get that parchment from the chest. I had to first change the letters from AHWIN PONSER to PHINEAS CROWN and then it game me the parchment. Maybe in your case, it's different but that's what I had to do.

JoAnne

jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

[Post New]by jdelbove on Dec 26, 10 7:16 AM
Gisellesc60 wrote:Stuck at the end, were you put all the skulls, well I have put all the skulls in the place according to the page with the roman numbers, skull do not light up. I have gone as look at the walkthrough blog, who has the skull different agian I changed all the skull still no skulls ligjht up.. UIUUUUU this is a good game, but HELP this is the last puzzle of the game..

Giselle, I was trying to do the exact same thing for 3 days and I think I can help you. You have to go back to the secret passage and get the last piece of parchment. This is very important because it has the CORRECT PLACEMENT of the skulls. In MY case, I had to change the name on the chest from AHWIN PONSER to PHINEAS CROWN before it gave it to me. Hope this helps and good luck!

JoAnne

[Post New]by minime67 on Dec 26, 10 12:18 PM
Does anyone know when the standard version will be out. I know they said late December, I thought it would be out by now. Thanks for any input.

[Post New]by jocelan on Dec 26, 10 2:18 PM
Help! I am stuck in the john in the tavern. I put the plunger in, plunged, flushed and flushed and plunged. The plunger is now stuck in the terlet and it is not fixed as far as I can see. (It also could use a can of Comet, if you know what I mean).

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Dec 26, 10 5:12 PM
jocelan wrote:Help! I am stuck in the john in the tavern. I put the plunger in, plunged, flushed and flushed and plunged. The plunger is now stuck in the terlet and it is not fixed as far as I can see. (It also could use a can of Comet, if you know what I mean).
Inside the office, that is on the same hall as the toilet, there is a list of phone numbers on the wall over the desk. There is a phone number for Lamont. This number is random and changes with each game. Call Lamont on the pay phone and he will tell you how to fix the toilet.

Good luck!

k25belle
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by k25belle on Dec 27, 10 5:16 AM
I JUST WANT TO SAY I LOVE ALL YOUR MCF GAMES YOU GUYS ALWAYS DO SUCH A WONDERFUL JOB. AND AS SOON AS I AM ABLE U KNOW IT IM GONNA BE BUYING IT TOOO LOL. TY FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK THAT U GUYS DO . DIRE GROVE WAS AWESOME SO I KNOW I WILL LOVE THIS ONE AS WELL. MCF U GOT ME HOOKED LMAO. CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY AND AGAIN TY SO MUCH FOR ALL THE GREAT JOBS U GUYS ALWAYS DO.

[Post New]by SurrealBabe on Dec 28, 10 8:32 AM
How do you uninstall and reinstall game. I bought this game on the 25th so it is the most recent version and I am having trouble with the coffin and the hammer. I will uninstall etc. but don't know how. Haven't had to do this before. Is very very irritating. How hard can it be to fix the coffin/hammer problem?!

MarpleLover
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by MarpleLover on Dec 28, 10 8:43 AM
How about BF pin the excellent member made FAQ for this game so new players do not miss this convenient source of information?

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Dec 28, 10 5:16 PM
HELP

I don't usually buy C.E.'s and upset because I am stuck and can't finish the darned thing.

I'm on the cannon thing. Can someone help me get past this? I only see two cannons... the walk through has a dozen numeral to go into... which one? It's so confusing. I've checked with several walkthroughs and just can't "get it.".

Anyone????

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Dec 28, 10 5:17 PM
LizzieK wrote:
jocelan wrote:Help! I am stuck in the john in the tavern. I put the plunger in, plunged, flushed and flushed and plunged. The plunger is now stuck in the terlet and it is not fixed as far as I can see. (It also could use a can of Comet, if you know what I mean).
Inside the office, that is on the same hall as the toilet, there is a list of phone numbers on the wall over the desk. There is a phone number for Lamont. This number is random and changes with each game. Call Lamont on the pay phone and he will tell you how to fix the toilet.

Good luck!

Try making a phone call. Oops sorry someone already said that.

Edited on 12/28/2010 at 5:17:58 PM PST

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Dec 28, 10 6:42 PM
barbee44 wrote:HELP

I don't usually buy C.E.'s and upset because I am stuck and can't finish the darned thing.

I'm on the cannon thing. Can someone help me get past this? I only see two cannons... the walk through has a dozen numeral to go into... which one? It's so confusing. I've checked with several walkthroughs and just can't "get it.".

Anyone????
You can walk and find two of the cannons. You have to inflate the raft and use it to get to the other cannon.

The roman numerals for the cannons are random and change with each game. To get the roman numerals to open the cannons, click on the map that is in the lower right corner to get a full view of it. Around the side and top edges of the map you will see the same symbols that are on the cannons. You will also see six small pictures between the symbols on each of the sides and the top, for a total of 18 small pictures.

Choose a symbol and look at the first small picture in the group of 6, then find that image within the large map. Near that image there will be a Roman numeral. Write down the Roman numeral. Continue doing this until you have gotten all 6 of the Roman numerals in that group. Be sure to write them down in order from top to bottom or left to right. Then move to the next symbol and its group of 6 small pictures and do the same thing. Continue until you have gotten all 18 of the Roman numerals.

Go to each cannon and enter the roman numerals in order that correspond to that symbol. If you make a mistake all of the buttons will pop up on that cannon and you will have to start over. You can always look at the map again to recheck the numbers.

The answers are random and change with each game.

Good luck!

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Dec 28, 10 8:24 PM
Thank you, Lizzie... but I just still don't "get it". Where is the skip button? How much of the game is left? Is it worth pulling out my hair? We pay extra to get a guide and the guide tells you nothing.

It's all very confusing and then to make matters worse that guy is yelling at me.

EDIT: I got it!!!! Thank you very much!!!!! Whew!!!!

Edited on 12/28/2010 at 8:33:22 PM PST

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Dec 28, 10 8:35 PM
barbee44 wrote:Thank you, Lizzie... but I just still don't "get it". Where is the skip button? How much of the game is left? Is it worth pulling out my hair? We pay extra to get a guide and the guide tells you nothing.

It's all very confusing and then to make matters worse that guy is yelling at me.

I/m sorry you don't understand my explanation. I don't know how else to tell you to get the roman numerals from the map. You might try seraching for other answers in the forum that others have posted. I'm not sure what the walkthrough and guide says.

There is no skip for the cannons and the map. You can turn down the volume on your speakers to stop the annoying guy. When you are looking for the skulls you are almost finished with the regular portion of the game. Then you have the bonus game to play.

Good luck!

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Dec 28, 10 8:43 PM
I got the first one. The second one there is a picture of a shovel or rake...there is only one in the whole drawing and there is an IV closest to it. I put it in and it doesn't work.
So I guess I'm lucky to have gotten one... I was so excited.

EDIT.... OK I was going from right to left... I tried it left to right and got #2.

Your directions were better than the guide (which is no help) and the two walkthroughs I found.

(((((Lizzie))))) thank you very much. I hope the third is the last.... I have done 3.

Edited on 12/28/2010 at 8:54:10 PM PST

Go to: