awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Mar 11, 14 6:54 PM
Kamali wrote:
It's already set to manual - I'm a great believer of 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it', so if a game works I don't do the update in case the update stops it working. This is the first time in all the years I've been with BFG that a game has ever auto-updated before. That's why the fact that it has done so this time seems so intrusive.

Same thing happened to me on the Jan 29 update for MC. I opened my game manager and the update just started automatically. Then of course I was locked out of the game altogether. Have never had that experience before or since.

jk960
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

After update, game crashes if you collect a flower

[Post New]by jk960 on Mar 11, 14 10:20 PM
Hi, I just thought I would mention that after I installed the update, (which was not automatic for me, I clicked on it to install) the game crashes every time you collect a flower. I have restarted the game 5 times now and it lets me play the HOS's but if I forget and click a flower, the game crashes and says windows is searching for a solution.

Edited on 03/11/2014 at 10:21:08 PM PST

pjmatt
Clownfish
Clownfish
523 Posts

[Post New]by pjmatt on Mar 12, 14 9:36 AM
check today. I got mine back today

lillie60
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by lillie60 on Mar 12, 14 10:07 AM
It keeps telling me I am not connected to retry or exit. I am connected or I would not be able to post this. Is there a problem with more people having this problem or just me. I just started playing this game the 9th of this month. Had no problems until update on the 10th.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Mar 12, 14 10:58 AM
In Level 19 Henry requests the Hymn of Dawn. It is in the Rune Altar in the Underground Grotto. One of the items needed to open the Rune Altar is the Amulet of Challenge. The Amulet of Challenge has to be crafted. The problem is that the game will not give us two of the items needed to craft it. I have followed the procedure of going back to the original request character and following the trail given by the game to obtain items needed for a quest. Is this a glitch on this one item or is the rest of the game going to be this way?

The Riveted Disk is to be given by the Winter Idol. But the HOS that should give the items to open the Winter Idol don’t give those items. The same is true of the other item, Stamp of Pain that comes from the Stone Chaps. I even used diamonds to open the Winter Idol after several failed attempts and to my chagrin the Winter Idol still did not give me the Riveted Disk. I tried this twice, what a waste of diamonds.

Unless Big Fish and Elephant games gives us a reasonable way to play this game and progress to the next levels I will not be playing this game any longer. I know they want to make money on the game but they are being unreasonable by asking players to purchase diamonds in order to get the Amulet of Challenge and giving no other way to get it.

Edited on 03/12/2014 at 12:03:48 PM PST

muskymom
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by muskymom on Mar 12, 14 11:08 AM
Applause to you LizzieK, I totally agree with you. Sadly spent too much money for diamonds before, will not do it again!

qcbooks
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by qcbooks on Mar 12, 14 11:08 AM

Edited on 03/13/2014 at 9:27:53 AM PST

[Post New]by Sweet_Aaron on Mar 12, 14 11:23 AM
There is a problem with the wish list ... no wish list is showing and I cant add or accept a new friend in the game that I was locked out of at level 18.But I can get in to play the game.

Lorrie I.D.# 46708

[Post New]by Quinielamass on Mar 12, 14 11:24 AM
48 hours and counting big fish????

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Mar 12, 14 11:24 AM
Still locked out. Still getting the same error message from a couple of days ago.

dvmmwebb
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by dvmmwebb on Mar 12, 14 11:36 AM
tazruby2000 wrote:
Kamali wrote:So here I am, with several hundred games I've bought from BFG over many years, and I can't play them because opening the Game Manger since the Midnight Castle update that was FORCED on me WITHOUT me requesting it locks up my computer.

When do I get a refund for those hundreds of games that I've bought and can no longer play because of the forced upgrade of Midnight Castle?
You could always uninstall Midnight Castle from Windows Add/Remove programs. Then change the game manager to check for download from automatic to manual. This way you won't run into the problem again and you can play your other games. Then if you decide to play Midnight Castle again, then you could reinstall it.

survive70
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by survive70 on Mar 12, 14 12:31 PM
still not able to play my midcts. say's something wrong with saved game, so when will BFG get this resolved? its now on day 3and you can try to launch the game later, but been doing this for day's sould we all just give up/

[Post New]by Masha_U on Mar 12, 14 12:35 PM
Moderator wrote:
Hi Everyone,

It's great to see that many of you have been able to get back into your game!

If you are still having trouble or running into any errors, please post those in our dedicate tech thread HERE so we can track those cases.

Since it appears progress is being made, I am going to lock this thread.

Thanks for your patience!

bfgWendwater

Do I understand correctly that EVERYONE who still gets a "save error" should write about this here? And then I immediately get access to the game?.. Or the developers fix our saves in the order of a living queue and it does not depend on my message here?

dvmmwebb
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by dvmmwebb on Mar 12, 14 1:02 PM
qcbooks I'd love to know what was in your reply that was edited out!! I'm going into my third day of waiting since first receiving the "its my fault" bad save message. Did all the offered fixes and of course they didn't work. They never work do they. Why can only a select few play this game BigFish. I want to use up those gems I paid a fortune for on my last play day. SO LONG AGO. And no I do not have any patience. Its why I spent so much!

[Post New]by breadbakingmum on Mar 12, 14 1:23 PM
Still waiting and in less than 4 hours its Thursday where I am. I now don't believe its going to happen at all

BFG this is your last chance !!!!

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Mar 12, 14 1:29 PM
LizzieK wrote:In Level 19 Henry requests the Hymn of Dawn. It is in the Rune Altar in the Underground Grotto. One of the items needed to open the Rune Altar is the Amulet of Challenge. The Amulet of Challenge has to be crafted. The problem is that the game will not give us two of the items needed to craft it. I have followed the procedure of going back to the original request character and following the trail given by the game to obtain items needed for a quest. Is this a glitch on this one item or is the rest of the game going to be this way?

The Riveted Disk is to be given by the Winter Idol. But the HOS that should give the items to open the Winter Idol don’t give those items. The same is true of the other item, Stamp of Pain that comes from the Stone Chaps. I even used diamonds to open the Winter Idol after several failed attempts and to my chagrin the Winter Idol still did not give me the Riveted Disk. I tried this twice, what a waste of diamonds.

Unless Big Fish and Elephant games gives us a reasonable way to play this game and progress to the next levels I will not be playing this game any longer. I know they want to make money on the game but they are being unreasonable by asking players to purchase diamonds in order to get the Amulet of Challenge and giving no other way to get it.

I totally agree with Lizzie K. After three attempts at getting the items needed for the Amulet of Challenge only to receive items that I did not need, I am thoroughly frustrated and getting annoyed. Before this latest update, the game was structured in a way that ensured you would eventually get the items you needed to complete the quests. Now it seems to be completely random which will impede the ability to make progress in the game in a major way! Since I am not interested in playing these games in order to raise my frustration level, if this continues, I will not be playing the game anymore either.

I hope that the BFG Moderators will let the developers at Elephant Games know that they are ruining an otherwise great game!

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Mar 12, 14 2:14 PM
Big Fish and Elephant Games are partners in the production of this game. According to the credits of the game the Big Fish team is responsible for Quality Assurance. Would someone at Big Fish please post with an answer if the Hymn of Dawn issue is a glitch with this one item or if the mechanics of the game play have changed in chapter 19 and going forward. This seems to me like a reasonable question that BFG should be able to answer.

Update: Well it does not seem to be a one time glitch, which is so disappointing. After buying enough diamonds to get through the Hymn of Dawn quest I have encountered the same issue on another quest.

I am not going to spend anymore diamonds or play over and over and over waiting 30 minutes to an hour to try for items only to be frustrated. This was a really fun game until now. The game is not balanced now and the frustration level will be too high for me. Too bad, so sad.

Edited on 03/12/2014 at 3:41:31 PM PST

[Post New]by Quinielamass on Mar 12, 14 2:17 PM
Here is my technical issue BF incase you didn't know:

Unfortunately, we found a problem with your save.
The query is sent and the problem will be fixed. Please, note that fixing this problem
might take a considerable amount if time.
Please try to launch the game later.

I have been locked out of game over 48hours

What is a considerable amount of time? Days? Weeks? Months? Years? Perhaps just give up?

[Post New]by moomoo2011 on Mar 12, 14 2:20 PM
Hiya all

been waiting for update got update then got told to wait 48 hours that's was 3 days ago very upset wish they would sort this out

Edited on 03/12/2014 at 2:25:48 PM PST

[Post New]by pouffie on Mar 12, 14 2:33 PM
Hi

I'm still out and I'm waiting since more than 3 days now...

I'm very disapoinnted...

Pouffie

Go to: