Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Gummy Drop! (PC) here!

[Post New]by AnaBellz on Nov 24, 16 4:17 AM
keitht53 wrote:If your mouse has a scroll wheel on it, you should just have to scroll it backwards to zoom back out.

Right. I probably would've realised that myself - if I had a mouse (I use the touch pad on my laptop). Well, thank you!

[Post New]by AnaBellz on Nov 24, 16 4:22 AM
keitht53 wrote:If your mouse has a scroll wheel on it, you should just have to scroll it backwards to zoom back out.

Just tried to connect a usb portable mouse, I scroll the wheel and it does not zoom out.

[Post New]by JusTiCe8 on Nov 24, 16 11:07 PM
Hi everyone, regarding my own issue with downloading new city content, I don't remember if there was any check from tech support but it was caused by a custom windows firewall rule I've set, most probably because the game try to access some servers before (almost every time) starting a new level and so pause for a few secs at least once every time the game is started, which is quite annoying.

So I have disabled this rules (block gummy drop executable, all ports, all networks) and can get Shanghai. Still, without any firewall rules on the game, it cannot access the shop, I don't mind this but some people at BFG would better do .

Hope this help.

bfgIlinalta
1,820 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Nov 28, 16 11:15 AM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your patience while waiting on a response. It sounds like there are two issues here, one with the game not zooming out appropriately and one where the game was unable to download new content due to a custom firewall rule. I definitely want players to be able to fully enjoy their game, so I'd like to provide some troubleshooting steps as well as how to receive additional assistance if needed.

AnaBellz, it sounds like there is some trouble zooming out in-game and that restarting the game hasn't allowed it to zoom back out yet. It sounds like the suggestion keitht53 was able to provide doesn't seem to have helped in this situation. Since the mouse wheel doesn't seem to be working for zooming in and out, what I recommend is trying to use the + and - keys on the keyboard. These should be able to zoom in to the game when pressing the + key and zoom out the game with the - key.

JusTiCe8, it sounds like you are able to download the cities now, but are still unable to reach the shop to make purchases. If you would like more assistance with that, I recommend contacting our Technical Support team using the steps below, as they should be able to help investigate that further and provide some specific assistance for unblocking all parts of the game.

If more assistance is needed for any of our players, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report when playing on PC. I also recommend providing your in-game ID, as that helps us know what profile to work with. Our Reps can use this information to provide customized support and are always happy to help out.

Thank you all for your patience, and I hope this helped out. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by slappyallen on Dec 6, 16 1:25 PM
same excuses all the time your responses are very poor.what about when you set up a bomb to land next to a lightning and it suddenly disappears.stop [Removed by Moderator] and sort the the problems that you have built in to the game

Edited on 12/07/2016 at 9:17:46 AM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Dec 7, 16 9:43 AM
Hi slappyallen,

The frustration and concern that technical issues can cause is absolutely understandable, and the Moderation Team wants people to be able to enjoy their game. In order to prevent issues from coming up, all of our games and updates are tested thoroughly before release on a variety of different platforms. However, unexpected problems may still arise, and the forums unfortunately aren't equipped with the tools needed to provide in-depth assistance in those situation.

While this is the case, we're working to advocate for our users by passing along the reports that are posted to the forums so that the appropriate teams are aware of any emerging issues. In addition to this, we often encourage checking out our help articles as a quick way to try troubleshooting steps and get the game working again.

It sounds like you're seeing that some boosts are disappearing in the game. For this issue, the best thing to do is to contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are able to gather data on and report problems to the right people, as well as offer customized troubleshooting. Additionally, that info can help with any technical investigations that arise, and our Reps will be more than happy to help.

I also wanted to post a quick reminder of the Forum Rules for everyone to keep in mind while posting. Specifically:

Keep posts family-friendly. Posts that contain defamatory, explicit, obscene, threatening, or offensive content will be removed.

We ask that people please refrain from including inappropriate comments in their posts. This way we can all help to keep the forums a respectful and comfortable environment for each other.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

bfgPanthalassa

[Post New]by slappyallen on Dec 7, 16 12:58 PM
does the term kobioshi maru mean anything

keitht53
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Dec 8, 16 1:08 AM
slappyallen wrote:does the term kobioshi maru mean anything

At times it just seems to be another word for 'life'.

bfgBellerophon
7,785 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Dec 9, 16 8:05 AM
Hi there,

I just wanted to pop in here and remind users that we ask this thread be designated for technical issues only. If players are having issues progressing within the game, it is recommended to refer to the designated city threads. Other players may be able to offer their hints and suggestions. I'll go ahead and include a link below to the main directory:

Gummy Drop! City Directory - START HERE TO FIND LEVEL HELP

Thank you everyone for your patience and understanding. Feel free to PM any of the Active Moderators if you have any questions. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by buckdojo on Dec 10, 16 5:08 AM
My problem is user error I'm sure. I couldn't get the game to connect with facebook and I have been connected a long time. I tried for 2 days and this morning i decided to uninstall it and reinstall. It took me back to AUSTRALIA! And it still won't connect to facebook.
Maybe this is a sign I need to give up my favorite game.
I wanted to cry.
Would love it if someone knows what to do?

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Dec 10, 16 11:48 AM
Hi buckdojo,

I'm sorry to hear that you're seeing issues connecting to Facebook and progress loss in your game. Since social features like connecting to Facebook aren't available on PC, it sounds like you may be playing on an iOS or Android device, and there are a few steps that may help.

I encourage taking a look at the following help article under the Game crashing, freezing, or not working section. It contains steps that can be useful when a game is having problems like this:

General Help for Mobile Free To Play Games

Additionally, it can be useful to double-check your Wi-Fi connection before trying to sync the game to a Facebook account. This helps make sure that the game has all of the resources it needs to perform properly.

If you're still seeing a problem or your progress still isn't appearing we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with the email address that your game is connected to. Our Reps are always happy to help as best they can.

If you encounter any other technical issues with the mobile game in the future we invite you to post to the following thread. Posting here helps the Moderation Team to track of emerging issues on the iOS and Android platforms, and also keeps the forums tidy and organized:

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Gummy Drop! Mobile here!

Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

gvierg
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by gvierg on Dec 15, 16 12:47 AM
finished cape town, ready for budapest, but trying to go there, it just says: "coming soon"

keitht53
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Dec 15, 16 7:39 AM
Looks like Budapest hasn't been released for the PC yet. I just checked for updates and there are none outstanding for me either. I get the same message as you. Fortunately I'm playing on tablet more than PC, but the tablet version isn't sync'ing with the server at the moment.

bfgIlinalta
1,820 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Dec 15, 16 11:31 AM
Hello keith53 and gvierg,

It's true that the PC version of Gummy Drop! hasn't had an update yet to introduce new content such as the city of Budapest. As soon as the Forum Moderation Team hears more about an update for this version of Gummy Drop!, a moderator will be sure to announce it in the forums as a reply to the following thread:

Update available for Gummy Drop! (PC) October 7, 2016

Thank you for your patience, and I hope the update comes soon for our PC players! If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Edited on 12/15/2016 at 11:31:18 AM PST

Can't get into game

[Post New]by fastgloria on Dec 24, 16 12:10 PM
get error message Gummy Drop! has terminated with an error PLEASE HELP!

stinky2sex
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by stinky2sex on Dec 25, 16 11:03 PM
I've been playing on a PC (Win 7) & am in Shanhai. My PC started flashing that my hard drive was in imminent danger of dying, so I hooked up a newer PC (Win 7) & did the transfer.

Everything, including games, (with exception of gummy drop), transferred over.
I don't & won't play on Facebook.

How do I get a year & 1/2 of blood, sweat, & tears onto the new PC. I have a smartphone that was synched with my old PC, but never played Gummy on it. So, don't know how that's going to work out.

I have this sinking feeling that I'm going to have to hook up old computer again just to play Gummy drop, until I lose everything. Waiting for new hard drive.

Why didn't it save my progress? I use as Admin. I uninstalled, reinstalled the game app. Everything is up to date.

I'm so frustrated & tired. Help page's don't really answer how to get game play back. Except talking about Facebook. Didn't anyone think of this? Like no one ever gets a new PC, laptop, etc.

Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated, as I have missed most of today.
Merry X-mas

bfgBellerophon
7,785 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Dec 27, 16 9:14 AM
Hi there,

I wanted to pop in here and thank players for taking the time to post in this particular thread what they are experiencing in your Gummy Drop! games. We definitely want to help get things up and running as it should.

fastgloria, I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a termination error message when trying to play this game. The Gummy Drop! teams are aware of this issue and continue to investigate. You are more than welcome to reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report.

For the second post, it is understandable wanting to continue your progress on your newer PC. Please keep in mind that the reason the progress didn't save onto your newer PC is because progress is generally device specific on the PC platform. We apologize that we don't have the tools to troubleshoot this issue from the forums. We apologize that we don't have the tools to troubleshoot this issue from the forums. Please reach out to our Support Team with details of the issue. They are always happy to help in any way that they can.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Feel free to PM any of the Active Moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by jovebee on Dec 28, 16 6:40 PM
My game had a corrupt message on trying to open and then disappeared and a new game started at the beginning. I had completed Sydney and was at the end of Tokyo and had lots of items on hand. I am on Windows vista and have had various technical hitches but have always overcome them but not this time, the previous game has gone. I'm very disappointed, I was enjoying it but I not sure I want to keep on playing.

eli173
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,297 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Dec 29, 16 4:44 AM
jovebee wrote:My game had a corrupt message on trying to open and then disappeared and a new game started at the beginning. I had completed Sydney and was at the end of Tokyo and had lots of items on hand. I am on Windows vista and have had various technical hitches but have always overcome them but not this time, the previous game has gone. I'm very disappointed, I was enjoying it but I not sure I want to keep on playing.

Although I doubt that they can do something in this case, you can always send a ticket to customer support (link at the bottom of the page). Good luck!

bfgBellerophon
7,785 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Dec 29, 16 10:32 AM
Hi jovebee,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a corrupt message when trying to open this game and your progress was lost. It is recommended to reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report as eli173 mentioned. We apologize that the forums aren't equipped with tools to troubleshoot this issue. The support team is always happy to help in any way that they can.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Feel free to PM any of the Active Moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

Go to: