Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Sunken Secrets (PC) here.

[Post New]by smokeycake on Dec 18, 16 7:09 AM
I up dated the game for December. I see others are having the same issues I am having. Can't visit some others in market. Could at first go to mine then went blank.
Game would freeze. Exit game then log back in and played. Now it starts up fetching and loading and freezes.I use task manager to exit game . Now I get Fatal Error.I am on level 116 have put a lot of time,and money into this game purchasing pearls. I have never played a game with so many issues. I hope this game can be fixed.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Dec 18, 16 9:40 AM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for continuing to respectfully discuss the continuing technical issues some of our players are experiencing here. The Forum Moderation Team definitely understands the frustration that not receiving a response within the time frames we usually do can bring. I want to let players know that right now our Support Team has a higher than usual amount of requests and since it is the Holiday season, some of our Reps are taking some well deserved time to visit with loved ones and family.

Our Support Team is working hard to get back in touch with every player personally so that we can continue assisting. The Forum Moderation Team is continuing to pass along any new information provided so that the teams behind this game can investigate with that in hand. Thank you everyone who has written in with this information already, our Reps will be in touch as soon as possible and they will be certain to pass along that information to the right teams if it is necessary for further investigation.

For players affected by a Fatal Error, or are seeing the game crash or freeze and haven't already tried our preliminary troubleshooting steps, I recommend seeing if the linked page of steps is able to assist:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you've tried those above steps and haven't yet contacted our Support Team, please feel free to reach them HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. We are running behind right now due to a larger than usual amount of requests. Our Reps have their heads down and are working hard to get back in touch personally with each player who has made a request, and they will reply as soon as they possibly can.

I want to personally apologize as I definitely understand how this is causing players to be unable to enjoy this game. I want players to know that we are not ignoring you and are working as hard as we can to resolve these issues and get back in touch as soon as possible. Thank you all for your patience. If there are any further questions, please reach out to me or any of our other active Moderators. I am more than willing to listen and help out as best I can as are the rest of the moderators.

bfgIlinalta

Edited on 12/18/2016 at 2:08:21 PM PST

[Post New]by katrinaceleste on Dec 18, 16 10:54 AM
I now have 4 Friends that I cannot visit. I decided to uninstall, and did not lose progress, however still cannot visit these friends.

LT_reddit
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by LT_reddit on Dec 18, 16 11:11 AM
bfgIlinalta wrote:Hello Everyone,

Thank you for continuing to respectfully discuss the continuing technical issues some of our players are experiencing here. The Forum Moderation Team definitely understands the frustration that not receiving a response within the time frames we usually do can bring. I want to let players know that right now our Support Team has a higher than usual amount of requests and since it is the Holiday season, some of our Reps are taking some well deserved time to visit with loved ones and family.

Our Support Team is working hard to get back in touch with every player personally so that we can continue assisting. The Forum Moderation Team is continuing to pass along any new information provided so that the teams behind this game can investigate with that in hand. Thank you everyone who has written in with this information already, our Reps will be in touch as soon as possible and they will be certain to pass along that information to the right teams if it is necessary for further investigation.

For players affected by a Fatal Error, or are seeing the game crash or freeze and haven't already tried our preliminary troubleshooting steps, I recommend seeing if the linked page of steps is able to assist:

<a href="https://bigfishgames.com/help/?rn=158">Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen</a>

If you've tried those above steps and haven't yet contacted our Support Team, please feel free to reach them <a href="https://bigfishgames.com/help?rn=ask">HERE</a> with a <a href="https://bigfishgames.com/help/?rn=1688">Dr. Felix Report</a>. We are running behind right now due to the season and a larger than usual amount of requests. Our Reps have their heads down and are working hard to get back in touch personally with each player who has made a request, and they will reply as soon as they possibly can.

I want to personally apologize as I definitely understand how this is causing players to be unable to enjoy this game. I want players to know that we are not ignoring you and are working as hard as we can to resolve these issues and get back in touch as soon as possible. Thank you all for your patience. If there are any further questions, please reach out to me or any of our other <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/672145.page">active Moderators</a>. I am more than willing to listen and help out as best I can as are the rest of the moderators.

bfgIlinalta

Yes but you are refusing to allow us to actually start a thread to discuss it among ourselves. Why?

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Dec 18, 16 12:49 PM
Hello LT_reddit and katrinaceleste,

It sounds like the issues that are being experienced are also affecting your Sunken Secrets game. I apologize this is the case. It sounds like some troubleshooting may have already been tried, so what I'd like to ask is to contact our Support Team to help us with the investigation.

If a player has tried troubleshooting a technical issue in this game and the game still displays that issue, please contact our Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps will be sure to pass this information to the right teams and may be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps to try to resolve the issue.

As a heads up for our players, we are running behind right now due to a larger than usual amount of requests. Our Reps have their heads down and are working hard to get back in touch personally with each player who has made a request, and they will reply as soon as they possibly can.

LT_reddit, we ask players to not create multiple new threads about technical issues as this thread is designated for them and can be used to discuss these issues with one another. This way, we can help keep the forums more accessible and allow all players to know where they can go to discuss these sorts of issues with one another. It also helps moderators help players who need it and inform the appropriate teams that need to know more about the issues our players are experiencing. Thank you for understanding and helping keep our forums as accessible as possible by posting more about those issues here.

I hope that was able to help clarify a bit as well as provide steps for issues that are occurring for some of our players. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Edited on 12/18/2016 at 2:06:22 PM PST

LT_reddit
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by LT_reddit on Dec 18, 16 12:52 PM
bfgIlinalta wrote:Hello LT_reddit and katrinaceleste,

It sounds like the issues that are being experienced are also affecting your Sunken Secrets game. I apologize this is the case. It sounds like some troubleshooting may have already been tried, so what I'd like to ask is to contact our Support Team to help us with the investigation.

If a player has tried troubleshooting a technical issue in this game and the game still displays that issue, please contact our Support Team <a href="https://bigfishgames.com/help?rn=ask">HERE</a> with a <a href="https://bigfishgames.com/help/?rn=1688">Dr. Felix Report</a>. Our Reps will be sure to pass this information to the right teams and may be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps to try to resolve the issue.

As a heads up for our players, we are running behind right now due to a larger than usual amount of requests. Our Reps have their heads down and are working hard to get back in touch personally with each player who has made a request, and they will reply as soon as they possibly can.

LT_reddit, we ask players to not create multiple new threads about technical issues as this thread is designated for them and can be used to discuss these issues with one another. This way, we can help keep the forums more accessible and allow all players to know where they can go to discuss these sorts of issues with one another. It also helps moderators help players who need it and inform the appropriate teams that need to know more about the issues our players are experiencing. Thank you for understanding and helping keep our forums as accessible as possible by posting more about those issues here.

I hope that was able to help clarify a bit as well as provide steps for issues that are occurring for some of our players. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/672145.page">active Moderators</a>. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

And if we've done all that, and would like a thread to discuss - why can't we?

Edited on 12/18/2016 at 2:06:42 PM PST

LT_reddit
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by LT_reddit on Dec 19, 16 7:11 AM
smokeycake wrote:I up dated the game for December. I see others are having the same issues I am having. Can't visit some others in market. Could at first go to mine then went blank.
Game would freeze. Exit game then log back in and played. Now it starts up fetching and loading and freezes.I use task manager to exit game . Now I get Fatal Error.I am on level 116 have put a lot of time,and money into this game purchasing pearls. I have never played a game with so many issues. I hope this game can be fixed.

So we can't start our own thread to discuss this very specific issue affecting PC players, so I'll try it here.

What OS are you on? Have you put through a support ticket? Have you heard back? Did trying any of the Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen fixes? Any luck?

I'm on day six of not being able to play. I've tried just about everything I can think of and haven't had any success.

If anyone has anything they want to add about the Fatal Error affecting PC players, reply here!

[Post New]by kellydunwell on Dec 19, 16 7:47 AM
When I visit some people, the game freezes and I have to right click the icon to close the game. This has been since the most recent Christmas update.

Rosis123
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Rosis123 on Dec 19, 16 9:45 AM
Ich habe kompletten System neu installiert und neu Update von sämtlichen
Programmen die ich habe, aber es ändert sich nichts, die Probleme mit besuchen
von Freunden oder Besucher ist gleich geblieben Einfrieren.

Gruss

I have reinstalled complete system and re-update all of them
Programs which I have, but it does not change anything that problems with visit
From friends or visitors remains the same freezing.

Greeting

Edited on 12/19/2016 at 9:45:53 AM PST

SweetSayonara
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

[Post New]by SweetSayonara on Dec 19, 16 1:20 PM
Well I just received a canned response asking me to clarify the problem.
My replies wont help as its a game error (as we all know) rather than a computer fault at my end.
Luckily I didnt waste any money on this game, I`m hoping those of you that have will receive a proper answer.

If it isnt fixed in the next couple of days I`m giving up on it, as this game gives a good thing with one hand and immediately takes it away with the other.

Get an event? It will crash you

Win a pearl? It will get taken away by a random machine or fountain.

To be honest, the dives are so long & boring and its pretty samey now, so no great loss to me.

bever55
Clownfish
Clownfish
604 Posts

[Post New]by bever55 on Dec 19, 16 1:27 PM
I also am having the same problem. I can only visit half of my friends and followers. As this is a game of stratetgy I need to visit people to both buy and sell to send balloons and manage stock. The most disappointing part of all this is that I sent a report to BF 4days ago-yes 4 days ago. When I finally got a reply today it was just the standard guide to help articles etc. and a request for game ID which was already given proving they didn't even read all my letter. For the first time I was extremely disappointed with BF support.

[Post New]by candykisses2609 on Dec 19, 16 1:27 PM
still no game for me 5 days since new update now no reply from tech support done all they said to do

LT_reddit
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by LT_reddit on Dec 19, 16 2:36 PM
SweetSayonara wrote:Well I just received a canned response asking me to clarify the problem.
My replies wont help as its a game error (as we all know) rather than a computer fault at my end.
Luckily I didnt waste any money on this game, I`m hoping those of you that have will receive a proper answer.

If it isnt fixed in the next couple of days I`m giving up on it, as this game gives a good thing with one hand and immediately takes it away with the other.

Get an event? It will crash you

Win a pearl? It will get taken away by a random machine or fountain.

To be honest, the dives are so long & boring and its pretty samey now, so no great loss to me.

Least you got a response? I have not and I put my support ticket in last Wednesday. Mind you I stopped being patient and gracious about the issue by sometime Saturday. And my frustration grew into anger by Sunday. Aside not being able to play at all, I haven't gotten any response, not even a "we're sorry we're working on it." To further my frustration we are simply not allowed to post a separate thread where we can discuss this specific issue as a group. I've tried to reason w/ the mod(s) on why, at this point, we should be allowed and it has fallen on deaf ears. Some pat answer on keeping the forum clean. Seems like they really don't want us to have an avenue for discussion.

EDIT: I finally received a response just now! So that's good I guess. I'm afraid I don't have anything else good to report though. The response was, well, a little daunting:

[Removed by Moderator]

That doesn't sound overly promising. I've got two more articles to finish, then I might write about this debacle. Funny thing is, I used to play SS while writing, it helped clear my head.

I'll check back in a week or two and see if anything has changed.

Good luck you guys!

Edited on 12/20/2016 at 12:18:35 PM PST

SweetSayonara
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

[Post New]by SweetSayonara on Dec 19, 16 2:46 PM
LT_reddit wrote:
Least you got a response? I have not and I put my support ticket in last Wednesday.

You will get a response, it will be a standard canned response and if you reply to that you should quickly recieve a personal response.

I believe they are trying to get the Devs to work on it for us, it seems that Big Fish are just the middle man for this game and its upto the creators of the game to fix it.

I, personally, don`t care much anymore as its honestly gotten boring and slow, but really all you can do is wait for the game Devs to fix it, there is nothing we, or Big Fish can do until the Devs pull their finger out of their "ankle" and provide some kind of solution. Don`t hold your breath for that.

LT_reddit
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by LT_reddit on Dec 19, 16 2:57 PM
SweetSayonara wrote:
LT_reddit wrote:
Least you got a response? I have not and I put my support ticket in last Wednesday.

You will get a response, it will be a standard canned response and if you reply to that you should quickly recieve a personal response.

I believe they are trying to get the Devs to work on it for us, it seems that Big Fish are just the middle man for this game and its upto the creators of the game to fix it.

I, personally, don`t care much anymore as its honestly gotten boring and slow, but really all you can do is wait for the game Devs to fix it, there is nothing we, or Big Fish can do until the Devs pull their finger out of their "ankle" and provide some kind of solution. Don`t hold your breath for that.

Sorry, to clarify, I did receive the canned response. I also replied to that canned response three times. It wasn't until just a few minutes ago I received an actual response, but as I mention above, it wasn't all that promising. I'll post the only relevant portion again below so you don't have to search for it.

[Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 12/20/2016 at 12:18:16 PM PST

shazzade
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by shazzade on Dec 19, 16 8:09 PM
Hello! I had started a dancing penguin battle and just popped out for a second to the market to look for something and when I came back the battle was over but I didn't get the reward for it. I paid the gold just the same. Can you help please? This has happened before but usually when I come back the little sack is there waiting.

I am runnings windows 7 on an ASUS - "Republic of Gamers" (whatever that means) laptop with 1t memory. Gamer id is YZFAAAAA

Thank you! Happy Christmas!!

AlienMommy
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by AlienMommy on Dec 20, 16 1:47 AM
LT_reddit wrote:
smokeycake wrote:I up dated the game for December. I see others are having the same issues I am having. Can't visit some others in market. Could at first go to mine then went blank.

So we can't start our own thread to discuss this very specific issue affecting PC players, so I'll try it here.

What OS are you on? Have you put through a support ticket? Have you heard back? Did trying any of the Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen fixes? Any luck?

I'm on day six of not being able to play. I've tried just about everything I can think of and haven't had any success.

If anyone has anything they want to add about the Fatal Error affecting PC players, reply here!

I'm on Windows 7, yes I did put in a ticket (actually much later than the "fail"), no response as yet but it hasn't been that long. I've tried all the checks/fixits/etc. I refuse to do the Dr. Felix, considering the fact I know this BUG is not my computer going nuts. I'm also on either day 5 or day 6, too without the game. To be honest, I don't have too much hope they're going to do anything until after Christmas, so we'll miss out quite a lot IF they do fix it. With you on the annoyed part. This is the 2nd "free" game I've poured money into that went bust like this for any length of time. I'm about ready to unplug from the subscription and "maybe" just buy a game or two every once in a while. Could save some cash.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Dec 20, 16 12:29 PM
Hi Everyone,

The Moderation Team greatly appreciates players taking the time to post what they are experiencing in this particular thread. Please keep in mind that we ask users to post their technical issues in this particular thread for the PC platform. By centralizing these posts in one thread it helps the Moderation Team identify trends in issues to alert to the appropriate Sunken Secrets team.

We definitely want players to be able to access their game and we appreciate your patience as the teams look into these issues. The moderators will also continue to pass along any information presented in these threads for the teams to review. When players reach out to our Customer Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report and their player ID, this adds more information to the investigation as the forums aren't equipped to obtain the specifications of the report. The information within the report contains information on player's computer configurations that the teams can use to further look into the issue. These items are indeed helpful to finding a resolution.

If players receive an automated response to their inquiry, it is recommended to respond to the email to alert a representative that a more personalized response is needed. Our teams are working hard to respond to everyone as quickly as they can and we appreciate your patience.

I'd also like to remind users of the Forum Rules when posting, specifically,

Keep private matters private. Do not repost or discuss any private messages or emails you receive from other forum users, moderators, or Customer Support. Protect the privacy of other forum users by keeping real names and emails out of public posts.

By not reposting content received from the support team it helps to adhere to the rules and protect the privacy of the emails. We greatly appreciate players understanding. Feel free to PM any of the Active Moderators if you have any questions. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

marco967
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by marco967 on Dec 20, 16 1:45 PM
AlienMommy wrote: . I refuse to do the Dr. Felix, considering the fact I know this BUG is not my computer going nuts. I'm also on either day 5 or day 6, too without the game. To be honest, I don't have too much hope they're going to do anything until after Christmas,

Same here. It doesn't even start. Level 62 (Fairy Grasshopper).
I'm not doing any Dr. Felix, it is NOT my computer.

The message is something like this
Crash report format: 1.1
Crash time: 20.12.2016 (22:41:05)
Time from start: 0:00:33
Current screen resolution: 1680x1050

Exception: Access Violation (code 0xc0000005) at address 0x0170ffe9 in thread 0x1378
address: 0x00000308
access type: 'read'

Module: 'SunkenSecrets.exe' (0x01210000)
Logical Address: 0001:004fefe9

==== Image Help Stack Trace
0x0170ffe9(PC) 0x001af4f0(frame) void AK::MemoryMgr: tartProfileThreadUsage(long)+0x497d69 'SunkenSecrets.exe'[0x01210000](0001:004fefe9)
StackWalk failed (error 299)
=====

Edited on 12/20/2016 at 1:46:15 PM PST

marco967
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by marco967 on Dec 20, 16 1:50 PM
marco967 wrote: Crash report format: 1.1
Crash time: 20.12.2016 (22:41:05)
Time from start: 0:00:33

Exception: Access Violation (code 0xc0000005) at address 0x0170ffe9 in thread 0x1378

Module: 'SunkenSecrets.exe' (0x01210000)

0x0170ffe9(PC) 0x001af4f0(frame) void AK::MemoryMgr:: StartProfileThreadUsage(long)+0x497d69 'SunkenSecrets.exe'[0x01210000](0001:004fefe9)
StackWalk failed (error 299)
=====

Now is:

Crash report format: 1.1
Crash time: 20.12.2016 (22:47:05)
Time from start: 0:00:31

Exception: Access Violation (code 0xc0000005) at address 0x006cffe9 in thread 0x10f8

Module: 'SunkenSecrets.exe' (0x001d0000)

0x006cffe9(PC) 0x015df9f0(frame) void AK::MemoryMgr:: StartProfileThreadUsage(long)+0x497d69 'SunkenSecrets.exe'[0x001d0000](0001:004fefe9)

Edited on 12/20/2016 at 1:53:43 PM PST

Go to: