bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Facade: Hidden Sins Collector's Edition here!

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Jun 18, 15 3:45 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Grim Facade: Hidden Sins Collector's Edition to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

In some cases, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums. In addition, some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. However, we're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. This is because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Facade: Hidden Sins Collector's Edition here!

[Post New]by LarkBea on Jun 18, 15 6:31 AM
Windows 7 Professional

Source: Application Error
Event ID: 1000
Faulting application name: GrimFacade_HiddenSins_CE.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x557af961
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000676e
Faulting process id: 0xef8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0a9c54d56c784
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Grim Facade - Hidden Sins Collectors Edition\GrimFacade_HiddenSins_CE.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 411157a1-15bd-11e5-adbf-002564ac35c4
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Exception code 0xc0000005 means the program has attempted to access memory that it shouldn't.

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Facade: Hidden Sins Collector's Edition here!

[Post New]by LarkBea on Jun 18, 15 7:29 AM
I think I figured it out.

This game is very resource intensive and if too many things are running in the background, it will play slowly and throw errors. I disabled Malwarebytes from running in the background and closed the browser window that was open. Restarted the game and played the demo without any further errors/slowdowns.

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Jun 18, 15 2:12 PM
I had nothing else running, yet it still happened to me. I hope to go
back and just be able to play.

Nohrah
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Nohrah on Jun 19, 15 6:51 AM
I play for 10 minutes and then the game shuts off my computer and I must restart it.
Computer meets all requirements.
I have win 7 on a laptop.
This is not 1st game to do this. Usually I just uninstall and find a different game to buy, but was enjoying this game the 3 times I played 10 minutes each time.

handyfr
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by handyfr on Jun 19, 15 7:00 AM
I'm running Windows 8 on a new pc and am getting error code 1404 messages regarding errors with game manager. Won't download. Anyone else have this problem and how is it fixed. I've tried everything.

tesamoine
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

[Post New]by tesamoine on Jun 19, 15 7:14 AM
Windows 7. Was fine until I went to use the "detector" apparatus. Then got an error code. Will retry the game when it comes out as an SE.

A1psyko
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by A1psyko on Jun 19, 15 7:25 AM
1) nothing else running (I read these posts before I started this note).
2) was using the detector in the office, seleted the 3 item and the game locked up.
3) received error message and had to open Task manager to shut down the game.

Please fix.

Additional comments: I reopened the game, it worked for a few more minutes, few more challenges and locked up again. I had to shut down the game and reopen to play longer.

Edited on 06/19/2015 at 9:26:14 PM PST

lkbambi
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by lkbambi on Jun 19, 15 9:02 AM
I have windows 7 home version. I will try shutting down malware bytes and my firewall. The beta test didn't work on my computer either. Very disappointing.

cherkatz1
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by cherkatz1 on Jun 19, 15 10:39 AM
Read all the post before downloading. That went fine, clicked play and got error and would not start. Uninstalled and reinstalled still got the error message. Any help appreciated.

newtb
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by newtb on Jun 20, 15 7:57 AM
I am having the same problem as A1psyko, the game freezes and only way out is task manager. Have tried twice and the same thing happens.

grammy1957
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by grammy1957 on Jun 20, 15 5:40 PM
Finished the main game, started the bonus game & my pc shut down. Went back in to play & got the message profile is corrupt, have to start over. I think I'll wait till game is fixed. Another game with problems! Happens too much lately!

Edited on 06/20/2015 at 5:40:42 PM PST

ajwiggin
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by ajwiggin on Jun 21, 15 6:18 AM
Running Windows 7, this game runs for a while and then shuts down my computer. I restarted computer and tried again, same thing happened. Unfortunately I already purchased this game and now cannot play it.

[Post New]by gcbates on Jun 21, 15 10:12 AM
it will download & install but won't run

unanymous
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by unanymous on Jun 21, 15 4:58 PM
I played the trial game with Windows 8.1 no problem. Downloaded purchased game no problem. At 100% install it spun for over 5 minutes without completing install. I had to control/alt/delete to get out of endless install, then uninstall game, which also stayed in endless uninstall. Finally I shut down bf game manager and then reopened. Went into my purchased games to install and instead of installing the game it kept going to bf game manager. I finally went to download the trial game again and had no problem downloading that, but when I went to play it went to the time out screen to select play again and when I did, it said I already owned the game. It doesn't show in My Games as a purchased game. I have no access to the game even from install on my purchase history because it won't install from there either. Great--I own a game that bf game manager won't let me access to play! Now what, please?

Oh, and I also got the error 1404 message...

Edited on 06/21/2015 at 5:00:02 PM PST

Nohrah
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Nohrah on Jun 22, 15 7:47 AM
Do you think BF is looking into a fix? Or is this another rubbish bin game?
I am wondering if it is worth playing (or should I say) attemptingto play any more games.

Just toooooooooo frustrating!

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Jun 23, 15 5:05 AM
In my opinion, it's definitely worth trying. Make sure you shut down anything running in the background (antivirus/antispyware/browser windows, etc.) after downloading and installing (remember to reactivate your security software after playing) and see how it goes.

Error 1404 that some have been reporting is a Game Manager connection error and has nothing to do with the game. If you encounter that error, uninstall the game and sign out of Game Manager. Then, sign back into Game Manager and redownload. If the game shuts down on you, you get another kind of error or have other problems including the 1404 error after doing all of the above, you should post about it/them in this thread and include the operating system on your computer.

Edited on 06/23/2015 at 5:47:25 AM PST

Runrama2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Runrama2 on Jun 23, 15 5:49 AM
I would very much like to play this game but every time I try to run it get an access violation. I've tried all your suggested fixes to no avail. I am running my PC with windows 8.1.

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Jun 23, 15 10:52 AM
For access violation errors, try the steps outlined here in order: http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/711

If no luck, try the Contact link at the bottom and see if BFG Support can help you.

[Post New]by pbeckley37 on Jun 24, 15 10:10 AM
Finished Grim Facade hidden sins and can not find out how to get bonus game. Totally
frustrated

Go to: