Achievements?

Achievements?

[Post New]by sweetymelty on Jun 18, 15 6:31 PM
Well, I'm totally confused about these things, their descriptions are too tricky. Does anyone got the following achievements? Please give me some hints, I haven't got them even after finished the bonus chapter

Are you a goody two-shoes?
It's just innocent curiosity!
Sometimes your life depends on your marksmanship.
Elementary, my dear Watson!
How hard are you willing to fight?
How badly do you want your freedom?
Locks are made and can be broken- if you know how!

Thanks~

jill165x
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

Re:Achievements?

[Post New]by jill165x on Jun 18, 15 7:31 PM
It's just innocent curiosity! - Poking at the skeleton in the carriage to make her head bobble a bunch of times.

Elementary, my dear Watson! - I got this one, but I wasn't doing anything unusual that I can pinpoint. Just going about things logically I guess.

How badly do you want your freedom? - Escaping the dungeon lockup room very quickly.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Jun 19, 15 12:43 PM
Are you a goody two-shoes?

Not choosing to report the first body to the gate guard where there are two possible dialogues. Just show the guard your pass first, and you get that achievement....lol!

Edited on 06/19/2015 at 1:10:14 PM PST

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Jun 19, 15 12:53 PM
How far are you willing to go for this case?

Select "You are under arrest" in the dialogues the first time the vigilante confronts you.

A dialogue is yet another place to gather information.

Talk to the tavern keeper about his tattoo and follow it through.

It's just innocent curiosity!

Seems to be playing with almost any corpus.

Edited on 06/19/2015 at 1:09:57 PM PST

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Jun 19, 15 1:11 PM
I love when ERS has these odd "have to look for them" achievements.
(snicker.....call me easily entertained!)

[Post New]by ferlachchristl on Jun 20, 15 5:39 AM
Didn´t start playing yet - still busy with other games - but I have a question: Are there ANY achievements, that you have to "earn" by finishing HOPs or MGs in a certain amount of time or something similar?? Or are all of the achievements just game play based (even if they are tricky)??

[Post New]by CherylParker on Jun 20, 15 11:22 AM
I have just played the demo and so far there are only 2.
1 is to just finish a HOP with no hints.
1 is to skip a mini-game.
Why would they want you to skip a game?
Never under stood how that is an achievement.
But there are some achievements that you really don't know what they are until you do it.
Someone posted that 1 is to escape from the dungeon really fast.
But I haven't gotten there yet.

Edited on 06/20/2015 at 11:24:50 AM PST

[Post New]by CherylParker on Jun 20, 15 2:38 PM
Sometimes your life depends on your marksmanship is shooting the barrels from the wagon without missing a shot.
You can do this in the mini-games number 9 I think.

[Post New]by CherylParker on Jun 20, 15 7:06 PM
Locks are made and can be broken if you know how.
I got that after I played last game in bonus chapter.
Not sure if you get it for playing all minigames or just this one.

[Post New]by CherylParker on Jun 20, 15 8:32 PM
How hard are you willing to fight.
I got that after fighting golem.

[Post New]by CherylParker on Jun 20, 15 9:13 PM
Just got the Know your enemies and your friends.
It's after you click on every character when you put the 6 photos back together in the Scientist's house 2nd floor.
Can someone please tell me How to get
Could you spare a minute to clean something.
Elementary, my dear Watson
When the world turns upside down where will you land
And How badly do you want your freedom?
I know it's to escape from the dungeon quickly but is that the game with the dots after you die for the last time or is from actually getting out of the torture chamber?

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Jun 21, 15 4:41 AM
Has anyone else noticed that the wording changes on the awards after you get them?

I don't see "Could you spare a minute to clean something?" in my list of awards that I didn't get. I did get an award that says, "You're right. A clean grave is a symbol of respect." I got that for cleaning all 12 Tombstones in the Cemetery before getting the picture needed to find the right grave.

I don't see "When the world turns upside down, where will you land?" I got one that says, "Congratulations, Your sense of balance is perfect." for moving my cursor across the dots without missing when you're hanging by your feet swinging making the room seem to be rock back & forth. You have to concentrate on the dots. If you watch the room, you might fall out of your chair.

Edited on 06/21/2015 at 6:51:35 AM PST

[Post New]by CherylParker on Jun 21, 15 1:01 PM
Thanks ganonsbane.
I got all the achievements except the Elementary my dear Watson. The second time I played. I thought I had cleaned all the graves the first time but I guess I missed one or two.ing
I messed up the hanging one the first time too.
Escaping the torture chamber I just skipped looking everywhere got what I needed a finally got out quick enough.
And yes once you get the achievement the wording changes.
But anyone who knows about the Elementary Watson. please help me out.
I think you get the achievements in order, so it would be after you play that organ game with the symbols and before you fight the golem.
I can't figure out what it could be.
Unless it's opening the chest in inventory that says there might be something still in this chest. But I tried opening it with every tool I got. And then when you retrieve the items from the casket in torture chamber you don't get that chest back.
So why have that chest in the first place. It's one of the plus items in inventory. I forgot what you get out of it in the first place.

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Jun 21, 15 1:13 PM
If you number the Achievement starting at the top left as #1 then number them from left to right & top to bottom, "Elementary, my dear Watson" is #16.

Cheryl, Even if you found something else in the Chest, you wouldn't need it.

[Post New]by CherylParker on Jun 21, 15 3:28 PM
Ganonsbane, I finally got it. You know when you hoist up the sword. Well I kept putting the handle on the wheel thing and would turn it before I put the chain link on the chains. Pretty sneaky ERS!
For anyone trying to get the Know your friends and enemies.
This one is sneaky too.
I played under a different profile and didn't get it this time. But if I remember correctly I placed Lisabeth before the mayor and clicked on her. This time I clicked on her last and it just turned over. So I think you have to click on her before you place the final picture.
I would test my theory put am getting sick of playing over and over.
But thanks everyone for helping me attain all the achievements.
I am OCD when it comes to these achievements. If you couldn't already tell.
Good Luck everyone!

[Post New]by sweetymelty on Jun 21, 15 11:39 PM
CherylParker wrote:Ganonsbane, I finally got it. You know when you hoist up the sword. Well I kept putting the handle on the wheel thing and would turn it before I put the chain link on the chains. Pretty sneaky ERS!
This one is sneaky too.
I played under a different profile and didn't get it this time. But if I remember correctly I placed Lisabeth before the mayor and clicked on her. This time I clicked on her last and it just turned over. So I think you have to click on her before you place the final picture.
Good Luck everyone!

Hi Chery, could you please give me more details about "Elementary, my dear Watson" ? I just try what you said but nothing happened... First I tried to put the handle(carriage one) onto it and of course I failed, but under this condition how can I turn the wheel? Then after that, I put the correct handle when I got it, and keep trying to turn the wheel before I fix the chain, but still nothing happened. Is there anything I miss or misunderstanding?

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Jun 22, 15 10:12 AM
I still haven't completed the game....but I figured out how to get around the wording changing on the achievements. (snicker.....it really is quite elementary dear Watson, but it doesn't solve any achievement...just makes it easier to know which one you have resolved)

Are you ready for it?
You have guessed it right?!

Set up two profiles and only play the game in one.....that way, you always have the original wording on the achievements.....which a conveniently located in the title page of the game.

hee! I felt so brilliant for thinking of it, I rewarded myself with a cup of caffeine!
Yes, I am easily pleased as well as easily amused.
dancing about!

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Jun 22, 15 10:30 AM
CherylParker wrote:Ganonsbane, I finally got it. You know when you hoist up the sword. Well I kept putting the handle on the wheel thing and would turn it before I put the chain link on the chains. Pretty sneaky ERS!
This one is sneaky too.
Good Luck everyone!

Like sweetymelty, after placing the Handle, I tried to turn the Wheel in the Stable before putting the link in the chain outside. Nothing happened, the Wheel won't budge. I tried to move the Wheel at least 20 times but no achievement. I gave up & put the link in the chain then turned the wheel. Still nothing.

jill165x wrote: Elementary, my dear Watson! - I got this one, but I wasn't doing anything unusual that I can pinpoint. Just going about things logically I guess.

There's nothing logical about turning the wheel before putting the link in the chain.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Jun 22, 15 5:24 PM
I gotHow hard are you willing to fight from fighting the Robot in the courtyard without skipping.
then it changed to That was a tough fight Detective but you did it.

Has ANYONE figured out what to do with the chest?
I am wondering if it is the Achievement "Find the smallest thing, see the smallest detail, know the difference, be persistent".

I keep trying every item I get on that darn chest.

Edited on 06/22/2015 at 5:29:32 PM PST

[Post New]by sweetymelty on Jun 22, 15 7:15 PM
tookat wrote:I gotHow hard are you willing to fight from fighting the Robot in the courtyard without skipping.
then it changed to That was a tough fight Detective but you did it.

Has ANYONE figured out what to do with the chest?
I am wondering if it is the Achievement "Find the smallest thing, see the smallest detail, know the difference, be persistent".

I keep trying every item I get on that darn chest.

Hi tookat, the achievement you mentioned(Find the smallest thing, see the smallest detail, know the difference, be persistent) is in the Bonus Chapter, maybe when you finish the BC,you'll get it,too.
As for that weird chest, yes, it's really nothing in it. So don't bother about it anymore, let it go

Go to: