Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Dark Parables: Queen of Sands here!

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jun 19, 15 1:04 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 06/19/2015 at 6:31:34 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dark Parables: Queen of Sands here!

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Jun 19, 15 6:32 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Dark Parables: Queen of Sands here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Dark Parables: Queen of Sands.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jun 19, 15 5:04 PM
Still not excited about the SE version either (see shortened CE review below), though it is okay. I will get this one with a PCC and add it to my collection, only because the PCC is about to expire. I like FROGS, but this one needs an upgrade or retirement...maybe add a mix of HOPs to refresh it a bit.

"Wow, this will make #9 in this series! Well, I only have 7 of them, but liked what I have. Graphics are not as clear and clean as the other games and seemed a little fuzzy to me. Especially on close-ups. Colors are very bright with not a lot of blues or purples for a change. Game play was good, with no problems during the demo. There is very little dialog and not really much in the way of sound FX either. Very disappointing. You do have to find a lot of fancy totems, that looked more like mini shields to me, in order to unlock door, locks and some puzzles, so there is a lot of back-tracking in this game.

Jump map left a lot to be desired. You had to click on the area and then click again in the upper right corner to actually go anywhere. Fortunately, the hint did transport, but my eyes didn't like the wavy frame around the jump area. SG is the same as usual. HOPs are nothing new for this series and really are junk piles. Puzzles are extremely simple and not many so far in the demo.

Collectibles are morphing Parables. When you find them, you get more of the story...same as all the others in the series. I only found 4 of the 6 in the demo. They are not easy to spot. Other collectibles are "Herald of Montafleur," which are actually Fleur DE Lis. Some are pretty well hidden, but you can still see them without much eyestrain.

I beta tested this one a couple of months ago and as a note to myself, gave it a 3. I can see that they did not pay attention to any suggestions, as I questioned the time period and the use of a hand-held tape recorder. A bit out of place on that one. I think I'm just getting tired of this series being the same old same old. Maybe it's time to retire this one and move on. I will recommend this one to those who haven't played the others, or just like this type of game, but I'm not sure it's for me anymore."

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may find this one to be exactly what you are looking for. Thanks for the reviews.

[Post New]by hersheychapman on Jun 28, 15 10:26 AM
I enjoy the series but this one seemed off to me. I found it a bit hard to know where to go next or what tools to use. I also found the instructions for the puzzles very difficult to understand and ended up skipping some altogether. I play a lot of HO games and this one was a disappointment to me.

Memonk
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by Memonk on Jul 26, 15 12:25 PM
I agree - same old, same old. To much of the same stuff over and over again. This series is getting to familiar. i bought it, I played it and quickly did get bored and could not wait to get it over with. Sorry.

Go to: