bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to G.H.O.S.T Chronicles: Phantom of the Renaissance Faire forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 2, 09 12:05 AM
Welcome to G.H.O.S.T Chronicles: Phantom of the Renaissance Faire forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other G.H.O.S.T Chronicles: Phantom of the Renaissance Faire players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

asenski
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Re:Welcome to G.H.O.S.T Chronicles: Phantom of the Renaissance Faire forum

[Post New]by asenski on Jul 2, 09 5:38 AM
Just finished the hour trial and I just love the game, usually I don't leave posts (always have problems signing in to ), but somehow I figured this one out, just to let know, GREAT GAME< wish, we could have more like these games.>
This is not your regular HOG, it got some challenges, but not to hard, so far I got everything figured out and as soon I get my chores done, I will go I buy the game, so I can play some more.
Thanks and give us some more of these games.

cgibson856
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by cgibson856 on Jul 2, 09 6:21 AM
Thinking of buying game. How long is it? Got burned before bying games that didn't last much longer then the demo hour.

grammyapples
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by grammyapples on Jul 2, 09 6:34 AM
Hi cgibson,
Not much longer than the demo was.

[Post New]by jag1996 on Jul 2, 09 7:56 AM
If it only lasts a litttle more than the Demo, then it is really a rip off!

AndyGeary
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by AndyGeary on Jul 2, 09 8:21 AM
Yes, this is the shortest game I have ever played on Big Fish. I finished it seriously in 1 hour. It's not even worth $6.99. Maybe $1.99. I do indeed feel ripped off. In fact, a game this short should almost be used only for a giveaway promotion, and to be honest, it's not all that fun either. There is ZERO challenge to it. Sorry for the bad review, I try to stay positive as often as possible, but this game is worthless. If you are quick enough, you can finish the entire game during the demo and not pay a dime for it. I wish I had of waited to buy it, but I fell victim to the nice eye candy and got ripped.

Edited on 07/02/2009 at 8:23:01 AM PST

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on Jul 2, 09 8:48 AM
is that why there is no blog walkthrough?, everyone will see how short the game is and wont buy it!!! x x...oh, i am a lobster...lol

Edited on 07/02/2009 at 8:48:32 AM PST

LogieBaby
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by LogieBaby on Jul 2, 09 10:14 AM
I don't beleive Andy Geary for a minute saying he finished the game in under an hour. I'm a good hogger, I played the 1 hour trial and bought it and have just finished another hour and the game is not done. I got about 25 chapters left. Check the mirror Andy...................your nose is growing!!

laurimd
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by laurimd on Jul 2, 09 10:17 AM
jag1996 wrote:If it only lasts a litttle more than the Demo, then it is really a rip off!

and Andy Geary

Where else can you find over an hours entertainment for $6.99? None of the games are a "rip-off", it's just that our expectations are set so high that if it doesn't match all the longer games we feel cheated...and we shouldn't. We may get a short game once in a while, but I think it pretty much balances out, and we are never ripped off. Each person is entitled to their opinion, however I personally think we should qualify our negative (and positive) opinions with the words "I think" or "I feel". Just because you may be a speed-demon, there are some who enjoy every hour of fun available! Consider ourselves lucky that we have these games made available to us at $6.99 from Big Fish Games!

Edited on 07/02/2009 at 10:27:48 AM PST

chandlersmom
Herring
Herring
373 Posts

[Post New]by chandlersmom on Jul 2, 09 10:21 AM
I really liked the game. It tooke me about 3 hours to finish it. Didn't use any help( walkthroughs) The graphics are great, its not to hard, just a little challenging but I enjoyed it. I bought it after I demoed it for about 20 minutes.

AndyGeary
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by AndyGeary on Jul 2, 09 10:58 AM
LogieBaby wrote:I don't beleive Andy Geary for a minute saying he finished the game in under an hour. I'm a good hogger, I played the 1 hour trial and bought it and have just finished another hour and the game is not done. I got about 25 chapters left. Check the mirror Andy...................your nose is growing!!

I wasn't asking you to believe me, I was just telling my story. I finished the game in 1 hour. You believing that or not is unimportant. It's a short game, not worth the money. No where near worth the money. I was simply trying to warn others that this is an unacceptably short game, because it is. It's your $7 bucks, do as you wish. A quick clicker with a good eye can indeed finish this game in trial mode, or at the very least, slightly longer than 1 hour. This game is no value whatsoever. It's freebie value, at best.

Edited on 07/02/2009 at 11:04:02 AM PST

missy12
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,263 Posts

[Post New]by missy12 on Jul 2, 09 11:00 AM
i am downloading it now hope i like it.was going to wait until i finished.magican handbook,but stuck on chapter 10.and the walk through is different.So i will try this game for now.

LogieBaby
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by LogieBaby on Jul 2, 09 12:31 PM
Andy's nose is still growing. To finish the game in an hour means that each segment of the game would need to be completed in less than 1 MINUTE!!! Can't be done!!!
I finished in about 2 1/2 hrs, no walkthrus and did use some fairie hints here and there. I had 46 fairies left over when the game ended. It's certainly not the best of the HOG's. I hope there is some replay value by using different objects to find. to anyone thinking about a purchase, play the hour demo and then decide. Don't let Pinocchio.....er Andy influence a decision.

[Post New]by Sweet_Sara_81 on Jul 2, 09 12:57 PM
I switched players after purchasing the game, and the items are different other than the trigger items for the puzzle items. But Im currently stuck needing nails, cant find new dirt and I need some help, please.

jorn1996
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by jorn1996 on Jul 2, 09 1:03 PM
Can anyone tell me how to get rid ofthe heckler? I know I have to throw the eggs at him, just can't figure out how to. You, Andy? Since you finished the game so quickly.

johndaytrader
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by johndaytrader on Jul 2, 09 1:05 PM
This is a great game. I finished it in about 2 1/2 hours and I am usually pretty fast. I used some hints and had a lot of hints (faeries) left over and didn't use a walkthrough but i did take the easy way and got directions. There is an option to get no directions and to figure out for yourself how the game worked.

With respect, I honestly can't imagine how I could have finished the game much faster and I found it very entertaining.

Just my two cents.

Joie

LogieBaby
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by LogieBaby on Jul 2, 09 4:53 PM
to get the nails, find a pile of dirt ( not the pile in the broken cart ) and shovel it after you find the shovel. return to the man with the cart and he'll let you have the nails.

as to the eggs, once you pick them up bring them to the fountain and drop them in and then pick up the rotten egg and put it in the face of the jester who's in the stocks.

nanny2x2
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by nanny2x2 on Jul 2, 09 7:07 PM
I played the trial and found it to be different from most of the HOGs that I've played in the past. You have to find objects around each section to solve the different riddles. I enjoyed the challange and soon as I'm done posting this I am going to buy the game.

I think that the length of the game will depend on the individual player, some may finish it sooner than others. I think that's the way with all games, so to say that this is too short of a game isn't totally fair or accurate.

has never let me down yet and I've been a member for many years.

[Post New]by GreyWolf_2323 on Jul 2, 09 7:40 PM
Does anyone else have trouble with the game locking up several times in the bakery scenes. All the other scenes work just fine but I spent almost all of my time getting out of and trying to make it work. So I have not and can not play the game and it is useless to me which is sad because I really liked it.

LadyCedar
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Welcome to G.H.O.S.T Chronicles: Phantom of the Renaissance Faire forum

[Post New]by LadyCedar on Jul 2, 09 11:40 PM
I want to buy this one, BUT, will not until I KNOW for sure that a walkthrough will be available.
Could some one please let me know when a walkthrough is available?
Thank-you.

bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to G.H.O.S.T Chronicles: Phantom of the Renaissance Faire forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other G.H.O.S.T Chronicles: Phantom of the Renaissance Faire players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Go to: