sillyfeet
Stingray
Stingray
5,447 Posts

G.H.O.S.T. Chronicles-how short?

[Post New]by sillyfeet on Jul 2, 09 8:27 AM
I've seen some reviews over on GZ stating that this game is very short and ends about 5 minutes after the demo. Don't know if that is an exagerration, so can someone who has played it all the way through tell me how short it is. I don't mind games that only last 2-3 hours, but if it is going to be over five minutes after the demo ends don't know if I want to splurge a credit on it. Thanks.

mahbah55
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,025 Posts

Re:G.H.O.S.T. Chronicles-how short?

[Post New]by mahbah55 on Jul 2, 09 8:36 AM
In the other G.H.O.S.T. thread, Poodlebear said it took 2-2.5 hrs and Scotcat was able to make it last 3-4 hrs. I've only demoed the game, so I can't speak first hand. But, I hope this helped you with your decision.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Jul 2, 09 9:53 AM
Again, how long it takes to play and finish a game has a large element of subjective experience attached to it, so this is just a rough estimate: for me, I would say about 4-5 hours--but bear in mind that this is not using the hint button every chance I get but rather trying to find all items and solve all puzzles on my own.

People who have played many point-and-click adventures should have few problems getting through the puzzle/inventory elements. For those who have not, they may well get stuck for a while and thus the game will take them longer.

I did wish the game had been a couple of sections longer than it proved to be, but this is because I was really enjoying the game.

goldpig
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by goldpig on Jul 2, 09 10:52 AM
I play a lot of point and click games so i chose the harder option. It took me about 2hrs to complete. However I read that the replay asks for different objects. Overall i think it was worth it.

Go to: