bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

Display Driver

[Post New]by bribling on Jul 2, 09 12:02 PM
My Display Driver for NVIDEA G Force 9500 GS quits working when I reach the diner. I have had no problems at all until this point. I do not know if it is even game related.

My computer is new. It is a PC desktop with 8 G RAM. It has an AMD quad core processor, 2.4GHZ. My OS is Vista with SVC PK 1.

Lateer, I will purge my cache and reboot. That may fix the problem. I have never had this happen. This computer is about 3 month old.

Edit: I'm sorry that is a Tavern, not a diner. I purged, rebooted and had the same problem. I have to use Task manager to quit the game and after that I get a message that the driver failed but repaired itself and is working. I have played some other games, edited some photos, etc. with no problems but when I play this game the driver fails at the same spot. I guess I will try Live Chat or contact CS and see what suggestions they have. If the driver is not current, why does the game work fine up to that one point and why don't I have a problem with any other software? Faunasphere is graphic intensive but has not failed either.

Edited on 07/02/2009 at 8:22:20 PM PST

tazmann423
Flounder
Flounder
2,113 Posts

Re:Display Driver

[Post New]by tazmann423 on Jul 2, 09 12:20 PM
Some times even though you have a new computer there is a new update driver for your graphics card. Updating the driver sometimes corrects the issues you are having. If not then I would contact CS about the problem.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Jul 5, 09 11:29 PM
I posted to see if anyone else has the problem. It seemed to be unique to me so I uninstalled the game and reinstalled. That fixed the problem! Something must have been corrupted during the original DL. BTW, I checked and I do have the latest drivers! I am now happily continuing to play

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Jul 7, 09 3:24 PM
OK, now this is getting strange. I completed the tavern and went on to finish the game. I decided to play again but when I got to the tavern I had the same black screen problem and the the same Display Driver error.

My driver is current, my RAM is 8G. No problems with any other game. This is just very odd. I love this game but am not up to another uninstall/reinstall at this time, maybe later. I am flummoxed

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Jul 7, 09 4:22 PM
Bribling,

Have you confirmed on the NVIDIA website that your driver is the latest possible for that card? If you're just looking at the properties in Windows, this usually refers to Windows drivers for a particular piece of hardware rather than the manufacturer's drivers so it might be the most current Windows driver, but not the most current manufacturer's driver.

I played the entire game on an NVIDIA GeForce 7050 without any problems. Mine isn't a separate card but is built into the motherboard.

HTH! Feel free to PM if you need help.

Go to: