Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mythic Wonders: Child of Prophecy here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jun 21, 15 12:33 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 06/21/2015 at 6:24:20 AM PST

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mythic Wonders: Child of Prophecy here

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jun 21, 15 5:22 AM
I hope people try this game so I can see if the same problems that abound in the CE are or are not in the SE. It was disappointing, to say the least, to be unable to play the CE after purchasing it.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 21, 15 6:24 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

moonryu
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by moonryu on Jun 21, 15 10:44 AM
I don't know if this is a technical issue or not.

But I did the task 'burn datura leaves' (in the Koga Clan temple) but it doesn't indicated that it is done in the task list (checked off). So far it doesn't seem to have stopped my progress in the game.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Jun 21, 15 11:50 AM
Game downloads and installs, but will not play. I get a black screen and "download" but no further. This is the same as the CE. on Windows XP.

[Post New]by maudland52 on Jun 22, 15 8:43 AM
It just freezes and I am not going to jump through all of you"fix" loops to play a stupid game. Sorry but that's just ridiculous. If all of the other games play and just one doesn't, it sounds more like it's the game. I just uninstalled it.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jun 22, 15 9:02 AM
Just this morning, I posted on the Tech Issues for the CE of this game, that I was almost to the end and had not experienced any of the problems in the SE that had made the CE unplayable. Obviously, I spoke too soon. I'm at the second last puzzle (according to the walkthrough) and my cursor has disappeared. Closed the game, went back, tried to do the puzzle, and again, my cursor disappeared. At least I only wasted a coupon on the SE, unlike the money I wasted on the CE. Seriously...BF can't possibly blame this one on my computer...never mind, of course it can.

[Post New]by semahaha3 on Jun 22, 15 1:29 PM
I have the same problem as dolly I can download & install it But it will not play. any help please.

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Jun 22, 15 4:07 PM
jennsmom wrote:Just this morning, I posted on the Tech Issues for the CE of this game, that I was almost to the end and had not experienced any of the problems in the SE that had made the CE unplayable. Obviously, I spoke too soon. I'm at the second last puzzle (according to the walkthrough) and my cursor has disappeared. Closed the game, went back, tried to do the puzzle, and again, my cursor disappeared. At least I only wasted a coupon on the SE, unlike the money I wasted on the CE. Seriously...BF can't possibly blame this one on my computer...never mind, of course it can.

At the same place where you are it happened to me in the CE and I accidentally right clicked and the cursor came back then I backed out and let the game 'save' then quit for a lunch break went back a little later and it worked just fine and I'm glad because I really liked this game and although Cust. serv/tech offered replacement I wanted to finish if I could (and I did

myrie17
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by myrie17 on Jun 25, 15 3:36 PM
Getting angry it won't let me go down to Canyon to pick flowers for graves. I can go left, right, up but not down, do I have to buy Collector's Edition to finish game? have turned it on and off, but no change.

Mory34
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Mory34 on Jun 26, 15 12:20 PM
Well i am totally trapped in the docks. I have performed all actions available according to the map. I have 'wooden animal' left in my inventory. When i press the hint button it points me to go back the way, which I can know no longer do. The curser doesn't go back or come up with an arrow.

So after getting so far in the game I cannot continue. Everywhere available to me is completed. I have gone into each room and there is nothing to do. But I can't get out of the docks.

So all in all a total waste of time. Have exited and gone back but the same, problem.
Not happy.

It also takes an eternity to load at the beginning.

Edited on 06/26/2015 at 2:13:57 PM PST

msam
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by msam on Jun 27, 15 10:07 AM
I have the same problem as Mory34. I am stuck at the docks and although the hint button shows to go back, I cannot leave the docks area to do that. All other areas are completed in relationship to the docks. I am stuck.

LadyJane50
Guppy
Guppy
183 Posts

[Post New]by LadyJane50 on Jul 4, 15 8:03 AM
I had quite a few tech issues with this game, but thankfully I was able to finish it.

The voiceovers were messy. Some of them had audio and some did not. When I clicked on the spirit of Nobu's mother, her voice stuttered like a skip on a record. Many of the words shown did not match what the person was saying (it was close, though).

This biggest issue was at the end of the game. I knew the game on the right of the final scene needed to be completed (pushing the red gems in the correct order). Couldn't get it to work, and the hint button kept telling me "nothing to do here." Hint button kept wanting me to go back. I went back as far as I could, but it kept wanting me to go back even further. I finally want back to the gem game and kept randomly clicking on the gems and finally got it to work which allowed me to finish the game.

I wouldn't suggest buying this game unless the issues were fixed.

[Post New]by stircrazy666 on Jul 8, 15 12:09 PM
Same problem as other users here. Man at dock is inactive unable to swap sushi for knife to open oyster, unable to complete game. Have closed game/deleted player 4 times and restarted, same result 'dock man' inactive.

[Post New]by rondakbandy on Jul 10, 15 8:43 PM
Hi, The game installed and played with no problems till I dusted the second scroll. The hint button works and shows the year and animal I am supposed to click on. Clicking on the date lights up the button but clicking on anything else does nothing and It won't let me skip it or back out. I thought it was just a real specific spot on the horse so I clicked all over the horse. I also tried all the other animals. I have reinstalled twice and updated everything listed on the help pages. (Flash, etc)

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium with Service Pack 1. on a PC. I have run Dr Felix but can not attach the results. Sorry!

Ronda

Edited on 07/10/2015 at 8:44:58 PM PST

underwriter
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by underwriter on Jul 13, 15 4:00 PM
yowzasma wrote:
jennsmom wrote:Just this morning, I posted on the Tech Issues for the CE of this game, that I was almost to the end and had not experienced any of the problems in the SE that had made the CE unplayable. Obviously, I spoke too soon. I'm at the second last puzzle (according to the walkthrough) and my cursor has disappeared. Closed the game, went back, tried to do the puzzle, and again, my cursor disappeared. At least I only wasted a coupon on the SE, unlike the money I wasted on the CE. Seriously...BF can't possibly blame this one on my computer...never mind, of course it can.

At the same place where you are it happened to me in the CE and I accidentally right clicked and the cursor came back then I backed out and let the game 'save' then quit for a lunch break went back a little later and it worked just fine and I'm glad because I really liked this game and although Cust. serv/tech offered replacement I wanted to finish if I could (and I did

OMG, thank you for that. I had the cursor disappear also. After closing and opening a couple of times, I rebooted - and then didn't even need to right click, but that may be because this time I tried to post the hint before trying the puzzle. I wasn't using the walkthrough, didn't find it necessary, but it was clear I was almost done, and I made it.

underwriter
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by underwriter on Jul 13, 15 4:02 PM
rondakbandy wrote:Hi, The game installed and played with no problems till I dusted the second scroll. The hint button works and shows the year and animal I am supposed to click on. Clicking on the date lights up the button but clicking on anything else does nothing and It won't let me skip it or back out. I thought it was just a real specific spot on the horse so I clicked all over the horse. I also tried all the other animals. I have reinstalled twice and updated everything listed on the help pages. (Flash, etc)

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium with Service Pack 1. on a PC. I have run Dr Felix but can not attach the results. Sorry!

Ronda

Ronda, I hope you are seeing this. In that puzzle you have to move the pointers around the dial till they point to the appropriate animal. As you do so, they will light up. Clicking on the animals does nothing - I also tried LOL.

[Post New]by leehp1945 on Sep 11, 15 9:03 AM
I really am enjoying this game, however there are some problems when the game is changing scenes, the screen goes black and stays that way for quite a while. Also when the mouse is in certain areas on the screen my computer freezes and the mouse won't move. I have to remove the battery from my laptop and reboot my computer. I am using a windows vista laptop.

[Post New]by anuskitis121 on Nov 2, 15 7:01 AM
Hello.I have a problem with the game.When i try to give the sushi to the man,its imposible.so i can open the mussel and i cant continue.

Go to: