bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

New version of G.H.O.S.T Chronicles: Phantom of the Renaissance Faire available for download now

[Post New]by bfgErie on Jul 2, 09 6:13 PM
We now have an updated version of G.H.O.S.T Chronicles: Phantom of the Renaissance Faire available now. This newest version has corrected graphical errors and other bugs.

To get the new version, simply uninstall the game from your computer and then reinstall the game from our website.

For instructions on how to reinstall the game, click on the link below that will take you to a help article that gives you step by step information:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you have any trouble installing the new version of the game, please contact our Technical Support team. You can contact our support team by clicking here or by clicking on the "We're here to help" link at the right of this page.

Edited on 07/02/2009 at 6:14:08 PM PST

Re:New version of G.H.O.S.T Chronicles: Phantom of the Renaissance Faire available for download n

[Post New]by Leroy_kesha on Jul 5, 09 8:57 PM
ABOUT THE GHOST CHRONICLES: PHANTOM OF THE RENAISSANCE FAIRE ... I DOWNLOADED IT FROM BIGFISH GAMES IS THAT THE CORRECT GAME?? YOU SAID THERE WAS A NEW ONE WITH BETTER GRAPHICS ??

Re:New version of G.H.O.S.T Chronicles: Phantom of the Renaissance Faire available for download n

[Post New]by croweslover on Jul 11, 09 11:24 AM
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game and it still doesn't work, i get a message that the hardware could not switch, what do i do now...

tredzwater
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by tredzwater on Jul 12, 09 3:49 AM
I get the same "hardware switch" error and the help files contain nothing regarding this error. This is my 2nd Big Fish game and I'm afraid it will be my last since I had problems downloading the first game. I'm stuck with dial-up as there are, as yet, no DSL lines in my area and the games take 8 HOURS to download. This is unacceptable. I can't tie up my phone lines for 8 hours. I've bought much more graphics and animation heavy games and received a zipped executable with a short download time. Also, if the download is interrupted, it begins again instead of picking up where it left off, adding hours more to the already disgusting download time.

Big Fish is way falling down on the job.

[Post New]by OnWisconsin on Jul 14, 09 9:06 AM
Oh..they never fall down on the job. They are such wonderfully technical folks that they are just taking time to make all of our games WONDERFUL....Just share with them any bugs you have, and I KNOW that they will get back to you 'cause they are really nice fish. Big fish (lol), but very, very nice....

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jul 14, 09 9:14 AM
I agree! They are so great! Don't go - you won't get better customer service anywhere else! Ask them to help you out - they always do! BTW 8 hours download is ridiculous - I don't understand these things, but is that BFGs fault or is it just the cyberspace where you are? (And yes, I have no idea what I am talking about either.)

[Post New]by diamondgirldan on Jul 14, 09 11:25 AM
I too get the same Error Message and can't get in the game ????? I have been talking with Angie from Big Fish , she has been very nice and we have tried lots of diffrent things but to no avail ??
thanks

[Post New]by maghere2050 on Jul 20, 09 11:38 AM
i have inst./uninst. from your website, about 4 times, now, even tryied restarting after install. Where is the new version- the message i keep getting is 'hardware failed to switch to specified mode', then i click on 'find solution in a Windows box that pops up that says, torque game builder quit working' i have Vista. Any sugg./tips/ thank you!!

LYNNEWHITNEY
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

Re:New version of G.H.O.S.T Chronicles: Phantom of the Renaissance Faire available for download

[Post New]by LYNNEWHITNEY on Jan 28, 11 11:22 AM

This game will not run correctly - it is so large on my screen I cannot even see the option area to choose Windows instead of full screen, if there is one. Resolution sizes I have tried are 1024 x 768 (recommended by Big Fish help section) and 1600 x 1000 (recommended by my monitor / graphics) - there is no difference between the two. I have a 10 month old computer running Windows 7 Home Premium with an HP w2207 monitor, graphics are NVIDIA GE Force GT 1GB GD. Yes, I have uninstalled and reinstalled.

Would have liked to buy! I believe this is another Windows 7 Home Premium compatibility problem so I will not be buying. Anyone else running Windows 7 launch this game successfully? Thanks.

P.S. I also posted this in the "technical issue" forum but since there's only one person there I thought this forum might get more helpful people … and answers! I REALLY WANT TO BUY THIS GAME!

Edited on 01/28/2011 at 11:25:17 AM PST

tabra0424
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by tabra0424 on Jan 28, 11 12:02 PM
I bought this game, it was a deal of the day. I found myself wandering around back and forth. I dont normally care to play games that make me do that. I am lost now. If anyone can help Plz do. I gave the gnome my flower nothing happened after that. not even sure if he was the place for it.. Help.

LuckyKK
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by LuckyKK on Dec 28, 12 1:43 PM
I also cannot download the game. I get an error msg. Access violation: tried to read - program terminated.

Go to: