Elkestra
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,825 Posts

Temporarily Delayed - Nancy Drew: The Secret of the Scarlet Hand

[Post New]by Elkestra on Jul 4, 09 3:01 PM
Seeing Margie B posting all the fire info, I thought I'd PM her to ask about the Nancy Drew game (not expecting an answer, or at least not immediately).

Instead, I got a reply just minutes after PM'ing her, and she's given me permission to Quote the reply, so the forum knows too....

margie134 wrote:hi Elkestra,

Nancy Drew was originally scheduled for Friday but due to what happened they had to change the release date. I don't have official word yet but I suspect it's because they want to release on a day where it will get the attention it deserves.

Since Magic Encyclopedia was scheduled to come out on Saturday, they released that one on schedule since so many people were waiting for it. Our e-mail system is not back up yet so I can't look at the release dates and most employees are off due to the holiday.

Thanks,
Margie B

BFG is filled with such wonderful, beautiful people... or should that be fishies!!!!

Edited on 07/04/2009 at 3:11:21 PM PST

Elkestra
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,825 Posts

Re:Temporarily Delayed - Nancy Drew: The Secret of the Scarlet Hand

[Post New]by Elkestra on Jul 4, 09 3:19 PM
I think I'm going to make good use of the delay and re-download/play a few of them in preparation (used to have them all installed - all the BFG ones - but I've had to clear the computer down since, so they are sadly missing).

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on Jul 4, 09 3:21 PM
Thanks Elkestra I've been waiting on this game too. but I can wait alittle longer

Rose427
Stingray
Stingray
4,519 Posts

[Post New]by Rose427 on Jul 4, 09 3:31 PM
Hmmm... I guess it won't be available in time for a purchase for the Felix Promotion Oh well, I'll find another game. Still have not bought Danger on Deception Island so maybe that will do for now.

Oh and just played the demo for the newest Nancy Drew, it can be found on the developers website. It looks promising!

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Jul 4, 09 6:55 PM
Someone just pointed out that the game is officially here at Big Fish. Here is the link to access the download page.

http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/5773/nancy-drew-secret-of-the-scarlet-hand/index.html?src=frmtrygame

Good Luck,
Margie B

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Jul 4, 09 6:57 PM
Great news, Margie; thank you for pointing this out!

Timebomb007
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,767 Posts

[Post New]by Timebomb007 on Jul 4, 09 6:58 PM
Well, it's hidden though. Nancy Drew: The Secret of the Scarlet Hand isn't listed under the Large File Games page.

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Jul 4, 09 7:02 PM
You're welcome Marian,

Hey TB *waves* but it is under the "all game forums" list.

I hope all the Nancy Drew fans are happy

Margie B

Timebomb007
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,767 Posts

[Post New]by Timebomb007 on Jul 4, 09 7:03 PM
Ah, I see it. Thanks Margie. Happy 4th of July!

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Jul 4, 09 7:05 PM
Timebomb007 wrote:Ah, I see it. Thanks Margie. Happy 4th of July!

You too TB

Margie B

SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by SublimeOne on Jul 4, 09 7:18 PM
The entire team at Big Fish deserves a standing ovation!

(claps fins together furiously)

Rose427
Stingray
Stingray
4,519 Posts

[Post New]by Rose427 on Jul 4, 09 8:22 PM
Thanks for the info Margie! Went and bought it!

Renee02
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,068 Posts

[Post New]by Renee02 on Jul 4, 09 9:01 PM
Rose427 wrote:Thanks for the info Margie! Went and bought it!
Did you get it to download? I tried but it keeps saying that "we are unable to find the requested file. We may be experiencing technical difficulties." So I bought it but cannot download it. It does show up in my purchase history, and i did get a confirmation e-mail. So I figure I will try again tomorrow.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Jul 4, 09 9:41 PM
Good for you fans! I hope that you will enjoy it (I suspect that you will) and are able to DL it. I probably won't play it myself. I rarely DL the LF games. I know that there are lots of fans who have waited for this and I am so glad that you can get it now (I hope). Have fun!

Renee02
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,068 Posts

[Post New]by Renee02 on Jul 5, 09 10:36 AM
It's on my toolbar as the release for tomorrow, does that mean I will be able to download my purchase tomorrow. it still won't download.

Rose427
Stingray
Stingray
4,519 Posts

[Post New]by Rose427 on Jul 5, 09 10:46 AM
Renee02 wrote:
Rose427 wrote:Thanks for the info Margie! Went and bought it!
Did you get it to download? I tried but it keeps saying that "we are unable to find the requested file. We may be experiencing technical difficulties." So I bought it but cannot download it. It does show up in my purchase history, and i did get a confirmation e-mail. So I figure I will try again tomorrow.

Yeah it's still "downloading", I figure I'll just leave it, and maybe it will finally download and install... It's just a bit annoying...

Renee02
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,068 Posts

[Post New]by Renee02 on Jul 5, 09 10:52 AM
thanks Rose, I figure I'll just wait until tomorrow, and if it still refuses to download, then I will contact CS and have them help me.

roller21
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by roller21 on Jul 5, 09 12:00 PM
Renee02 wrote:thanks Rose, I figure I'll just wait until tomorrow, and if it still refuses to download, then I will contact CS and have them help me.

I'm having the same problem. I bought it last night but can't get it to download either. I get the file is unavailable message as well.

I've waited so long for my next Nancy Drew fix that I'd love to be able to play it today. Hopefully tomorrow it will work.

Elkestra
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,825 Posts

[Post New]by Elkestra on Jul 5, 09 12:49 PM
At a wild guess....

Since the ND game was originally due for Friday publication, they were already on system. When it was withdrawn (see above), they forgot to remove the Strategy Guide, so thats how it still ended up 'in-system'....

But....

Since the Game's not officially released, the page/boot-stub may be there, but the actually download files probably aren't.

I'm betting we should/need to wait until it's officially BFG-released before we can download it, even if we've had the advantage of assigning a credit to it early.

Edited on 07/05/2009 at 12:49:59 PM PST

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Jul 6, 09 12:16 AM
I purchased the game earlier Sunday evening and was getting the same message but at 3:09am EDT (12:09PT) I was happily able to start the download. Now that I'm downloading, watch I'll finally want to go to sleep ....darn insominia. I am sure it had something to do with Friday's terrible incident. All I can say is YOU ARE GREAT! Cheers!

Go to: