when is a new game coming out?????

[Post New]by laurabeyer on Jul 4, 09 11:43 PM
I love world mosaics, I could not get enough of this game. Is anybody coming up with a new one???????????????????????????

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

Re:when is a new game coming out?????

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jul 5, 09 12:19 AM
Welcome to the pond! Have you tried Gemsweeper?

I did the beta test for World Mosaics 2 about a month ago, so I would think that we might be seeing that out fairly soon.

[Post New]by basilisk24 on Jul 5, 09 12:35 AM
laurabeyer,

I too loved World Mosaics! The types of puzzles in the game are called many things such as griddlers, nonograms, and paint by number. In Games magazine they appear as a take off of Battleship. If you do an internet search with the names mentioned above there are a few programs as well as websites with puzzles that you can do there.

I hope that helps!

basilisk24

[Post New]by laurabeyer on Jul 5, 09 10:01 PM
Wow, I guess I asked all of the right people. Thank you so much. Laura

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jul 5, 09 10:14 PM
If you google "conceptis logic puzzles" you should be able to find a website that has some really tough puzzles of the same type as World Mosaics.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jul 7, 09 1:42 PM
The developer of World Mosaics just emailed me; the sequel is available from their website. I assume that BFG will get it in a few weeks. The last time that this developer released a game BFG got it less than a month later. If you are really eager to purchase, PM me and I can give you the link, or you can wait a couple of days and I'm sure that the link will be posted on Gamezebo website.

DonnyDJ
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by DonnyDJ on Jul 7, 09 1:51 PM
The name of the company is Fugazo.... can't post a link here but if you google it you will find it!
I havent tried the game yet but all I know is that the game has 250 puzzles...

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jul 7, 09 2:25 PM
I did the "focus test" (what's the difference between that and a beta test?) for the developer, and just did a spot check on the demo. The first three puzzles are the easy 5x5, then it goes to easy 10x10s. I'm sure that it follows the same format as the original game, where it ramps to 15x15 and then 20x20. I'm going to try to wait until it comes to BFG.

The last game from this developer was Flower Paradise. That was released on their own website on May 2 I think, and on BFG on May 8th. Hopefully this means BFG will get it before I lose my patience....

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jul 8, 09 4:29 AM
Both World Mosaics and Gemsweeper got up to at least 25x25 if I remember correctly. I'm out of town right now, and my laptop doesn't have those games played all the way to the end, so I can't check. I can try to remember to look it up when I get back home. Some of the puzzles definitely took more than just a minute for me to finish, and I had to sit and think for a while (or resort to spending a hint or even guessing).

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jul 8, 09 5:06 AM
There's a post on Gamezebo mentioning that Gemsweeper gets to 30x30.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Jul 8, 09 9:48 AM
lordkalvan wrote:Welcome to the pond! Have you tried Gemsweeper?...

Thank you for mentioning this game! I had not seen it before and got the Demo. I love it. I have done these puzzles on paper and am delighted to find them in a game (no erasing!). I am enjoying it very much while waiting for the next HOG (or any new game).

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jul 8, 09 1:59 PM
Back before my carpal tunnel syndrome got bad, when I could do pencil and paper puzzles, I would copy this type of puzzle onto graph paper, leaving the magazine clean. Then after I had done all the puzzles in all two dozen or so of my magazines and books, and didn't have a new one, I'd cycle back through them again.

Fiobo
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Fiobo on Jul 10, 09 4:11 AM
I just beta tested World Mosaics 2 today and really enjoyed it! First time I've played one of these, can't wait to buy it. Looking at the pics for the first game I think I will prefer the new one, but I'm going to try it out anyway, just to be sure.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jul 11, 09 11:17 AM
lordkalvan wrote:Both World Mosaics and Gemsweeper got up to at least 25x25 if I remember correctly. I'm out of town right now, and my laptop doesn't have those games played all the way to the end, so I can't check. I can try to remember to look it up when I get back home. Some of the puzzles definitely took more than just a minute for me to finish, and I had to sit and think for a while (or resort to spending a hint or even guessing).

WM #1 just goes up to 20x20. I haven't bought WM #2 yet (waiting for BFG to get it) so I don't know how large those will get.

pinkhope38
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by pinkhope38 on Jul 16, 09 10:16 PM
I tried the demo from the fugazo website, it was a lot of fun. It's an 80 minute demo and I got through level 3 of 7 but I didn't stop to read any of the info about the pictures, so I'm thinking it's at least 2-3 hours for the 90 puzzles in the main game plus there are 150 plus bonus puzzles. It stayed 10x10 through level 3, but they give you less numbers a lot sooner than on WM 1, so it's more challenging. I've played the first one so many times I have most of the puzzles memorized, so I can't wait until this one comes to bigfish.
Oh and Gemsweeper goes higher than 30x30 and the grids aren't always square, I remember at least one that was 35x25. I actually prefer WM because you don't have to fill in all the empty squares to complete the puzzle and it highlights the row you are on to make it easier to keep track of where you are, but gemsweeper is a fun game too.

[Post New]by moomagooma on Jul 17, 09 7:12 AM
It is already out at fugazo games--i guess you could google it. I played the 60 minute trial and hope the BF will get it soon so i can buy it from BF

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jul 17, 09 7:44 PM
Picman posted today in Chit Chat that the new one is coming out "soon" on BFG.

Edited on 07/17/2009 at 7:44:41 PM PST

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jul 20, 09 9:07 PM
And Mudrock posted today in Chit Chat that it is coming out some time this week.

Go to: