Lost Fortunes - mouse cursor problems

[Post New]by GoneFishing on Jul 5, 09 2:32 AM
There is no Lost Fortunes forum for now hence this post on chit-chat forum. I downloaded to try today's game Lost Fortunes. It looks interesting but at some stages of the game the cursor becomes extremely slow making it impossible to play. If this game was tested, anyone knows any tricks to make it work? I tried playing in windowed mode but it didn't help. The game doesn't provide any other options to try.

sawadee93
Koi
Koi
128,219 Posts

Re:Lost Fortunes - mouse cursor problems

[Post New]by sawadee93 on Jul 5, 09 2:39 AM
hum ..me too ..my cursor is jumping all over the screen, very hard to click on the objects ...maybe will try to uninstall the game and reinstall it

Elkestra
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,825 Posts

[Post New]by Elkestra on Jul 5, 09 2:44 AM
I personally didn't have any cursor problems per se, though i did find it very slow at times to react to clicking the Continue (or whatever they wrote on it) at the bottom of the 'Score/Statistics' page between rounds of a challenge.

I was playing it full-screen by the way, not sure if that makes a difference.

PS. Did anyone notice at the bottom of the wooden Score/Statistics panel, theres a tiny line of text which reads... 'Tiny Text Here' (or similar) ?

TeresaRollen
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,896 Posts

[Post New]by TeresaRollen on Jul 5, 09 4:26 AM
I tried the demo of this game and thought it was fun....a little fast but I finally got through the first person. I think I will buy this one.

tribrach
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by tribrach on Jul 5, 09 4:33 AM
Hi, I downloaded the trial version....(you can never be too careful!) & although I've not got a problem with the curser jumping, changing from scene to scene is sooo slow that I thought the game had "frozen" . (I'm using full screen too) Pity, because it looks like an interesting play. I've tried uninstalling & then reinstalling but still getting the same problem. Think that this is a game that I'll pass on.

Edited on 07/05/2009 at 4:33:56 AM PST

AJuk1977
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by AJuk1977 on Jul 5, 09 5:52 AM
I too am having mouse cursor problems, exactly the same. I figured my graphics couldn't cope but made no difference in windowed mode and I have never had a problem on any other game before. It isn't as if it is graphics heavy! These problems make it impossible to play so it is going to be a pass for me unless anyone discovers a reason for it.

AJ

sawadee93
Koi
Koi
128,219 Posts

[Post New]by sawadee93 on Jul 5, 09 6:09 AM
I have re-installed the game twice but still, it's very difficult to play with this cursor ...shame because this game was good enough to buy

mews
Salmon
Salmon
2,854 Posts

[Post New]by mews on Jul 5, 09 6:33 AM

Elkestra said:
PS. Did anyone notice at the bottom of the wooden Score/Statistics panel, theres a tiny line of text which reads... 'Tiny Text Here' (or similar) ?

No I hadn't noticed that, I think it says 'very small text here', that's funny

I'm not really having a problem with the cursor, ok it is just a tiny bit sluggish but not so bad to stop me buying the game. I am quite surprised because I quite often have been unable to play some games because of the cursor being totally uncontrollable. I wonder why it's ok for me in this case and not ok for other people? It's a shame there isn't an option for ordinary cursor as that usually solves problem when it's there.

I bought the game before finishing the demo I liked it so much, lots of variety for the little games and not terribly difficult but not the easiest I've ever played either. I also like the fact that you can replay to get a perfect score and turn the card over.

[Post New]by candleofhope on Jul 5, 09 6:45 AM
I downloaded the game...but can't play it...it opens in a small window and that is it....uninstalled it and reinstalled it...same thing.....guess i'm not playing this one......

went to task and it states not responding ......there is something more here then just the cursor.....

asquared
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by asquared on Jul 5, 09 7:10 AM
I'm having the same problem too. It's exactly what happened to me with the later levels of "Restoring Rhonda", except that here it happened right away. I won't buy this game.

(With "Restoring Rhonda", I contacted Big Fish Games support, and since all of my drivers were up to date, they just refunded my money. That was a nice thing to do, but I'd rather know what causes this problem and have it fixed!)

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Jul 5, 09 7:18 AM
No problems here. I'm running Windows XP. Mouse cursor is fine, as is everything else.

NANA5LOVE
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

[Post New]by NANA5LOVE on Jul 5, 09 7:51 AM
I am running Windows XP also but I can't even get it to install, it installes up to about 10% and then startes over again after pausing a couple of times in between. what's with that.

TeresaRollen
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,896 Posts

[Post New]by TeresaRollen on Jul 5, 09 8:03 AM
I'm running Vista and didn't have any problems....at least with the demo.

[Post New]by purpleracer on Jul 5, 09 8:08 AM
Count me in as having mouse problems as well. I tried to play this game on 3 different machines my desk top with windows My lap top with super graphics and mon sons super fast desktop with vista and faster graphics and still had the cursor problem. Its a shame because the game looked like a lot fun to play. Glad I idnt buy it.

shnuffi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,876 Posts

[Post New]by shnuffi on Jul 5, 09 8:16 AM
Good morning,

Having problems with this game too. Installed it and that was it,froze at the introduction,I had to turn of the PC to get out of it.
to bad ,looked like a good game.

windrose53
Flounder
Flounder
2,385 Posts

[Post New]by windrose53 on Jul 5, 09 8:18 AM
Me too, but it's more than just the cursor. The whole game periodlcally starts running very slow and then freezes. I was enjoying the game and thought "oh yeah, have to buy this one." Then the freezing started - very frustrating. So I think I'll pass on it. Shame too, it was a cute game - different.

Edited on 07/05/2009 at 8:19:48 AM PST

ingeash
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by ingeash on Jul 5, 09 8:24 AM
No problems on my XP pc i just find it boring. Going back to M E

jlvlw
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by jlvlw on Jul 5, 09 10:09 AM
I just finished uninstalling and reinstalling because all I got was a bunch of lines when I tried to play it. Same thing with the reinstall. Guess I'll just uninstall again and forget about it for now.

dewieee
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by dewieee on Jul 5, 09 10:47 AM
I'm on Vista and have had no issues. This game is different and I'm thinking I may buy it. May be rather elementary to some, but I feel in the mood for this type of challenge.

[Post New]by auntharriet on Jul 5, 09 6:08 PM
well i too am have cursor problems- and i was loving this rather simple but fun game.I would buy this one.But not with the draggie curor--then it turned green-and it was really bad!

Go to: