JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

Lost Fortunes - What do you think?

[Post New]by JessF on Jul 5, 09 7:49 AM
Thought it was a great game for kids

I played all the games for the pirate in about 20 minutes (that included reading the story) and deleted it as too easy and too short.

I might have liked it better without the operatic chorus and confetti that could not be skipped.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

Re:Lost Fortunes - What do you think?

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jul 5, 09 8:08 AM
I didn't play even that long. I was playing the beta test for another site, and the timer was really getting on my nerves. Does BFG's version also have a timer that can't be turned off? If so I'm not even going to download it.

karenplop
Catfish
Catfish
1,609 Posts

[Post New]by karenplop on Jul 5, 09 8:11 AM
I tried it and found it not only too easy but a bore to play. I didn't like it at all. Uninstalled it fast!

mews
Salmon
Salmon
2,854 Posts

[Post New]by mews on Jul 5, 09 8:12 AM
Well I always say I'm a kid at heart I suppose it depends what age the kids are.
I love the game and IMO some of the games are not very easy (I do consider myself to be reasonably intelligent )

I also love the operatic chorus and confetti lol, still each to his/her own, I bought it immediately.

mews

ETA I also like timers, love the extra challenge, maybe it's me that's weird

Edited on 07/05/2009 at 8:13:50 AM PST

TeresaRollen
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,896 Posts

[Post New]by TeresaRollen on Jul 5, 09 8:33 AM
I wish it didn't have a timer, but I still enjoyed the game even if it didn't give you much time. I did get through the pirate before the demo was up. I will buy it.

shadowdiana
Shark
Shark
14,943 Posts

[Post New]by shadowdiana on Jul 5, 09 8:36 AM
A little too easy for me. Got a bit boring. Jmo
There have been so many great games lately, it is difficult to compare.

katy12250
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by katy12250 on Jul 5, 09 9:06 AM
I liked it. No problems downloading or with cursors like some people in the pond have had. (XP with 1 G

I liked the variety of games. Yes, I guess that you could say that some were "childlike" but while I found some that were easy, I found others that challenged me.

Didn't really care for the timer but you can play extra games to get hints and timers to extend your time, so I don't really see that as a problem. The games to get hints seem to be limited to HOG that are not that easy (for me at least), but even without finding all the items, I still got hints and timers. I only got to the the mini HOG 3 times & it was the same picture each time but the items changed. It may be that there is only the one picture which should, at some point, make getting the extra hints & timers easier.

I freed the pirate and had played 4 (I think) games with the second spirit before the demo cut me off. Part of the time was playing the extra games to get hints & timers, so that wasn't bad.

What I liked about it - challenging mind games without being impossible to solve, altho they may get harder as the games goes on. It's different. Graphics and play are good.

Didn't like - the silly voice overs of the witch, but then I intend to ignore a lot of that unless it's really bad & this wasn't. I would like a way to skip past the confetti/baloon thing, but I don't see that as a major problem.

What I really liked was that it wasn't a time management game or an adventure style game that I have to have a walk through to finish. Don't like time management games at all - way too much like work - and there have been a lot here recently. I know that a lot of poeple liked the second Ravenhurst, but if the puzzles get so impossible to solve that I need a detailed walk thru then the game doesn't have a lot a appeal for me. A game is supposed to be fun - challenging and different are high on the list - but it shouldn't be impossible to play without help. With that said, I'll give this game

sawadee93
Koi
Koi
128,219 Posts

[Post New]by sawadee93 on Jul 5, 09 9:18 AM
me too I like and would buy it if I did not have this problem with the cursor ...since English is not my first language, I am sure that it will eventually become challenging and it's a good exercise

maryp315
Clownfish
Clownfish
600 Posts

[Post New]by maryp315 on Jul 5, 09 3:08 PM
I tried it but I didn't care for it. I thought it was boring.

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

[Post New]by Euskalduna on Jul 5, 09 3:49 PM
So far, the only thing I like about this game is the music. For anybody interested, it's the Anvil Chorus from the "Il Trovatore" opera. The rest, as somebody said, it's for young kids.

Edited on 07/05/2009 at 6:19:54 PM PST

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Jul 5, 09 4:06 PM
I like it, but I'm going to hold off for now, as I have already bought five games for the promotion.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Jul 5, 09 4:08 PM
I liked it, but we all know I'm an easy sell. I became obsessed with getting a Perfect on every puzzle and so had to buy it to complete that, which I did first go thru, so obviously it's on the easy side.

The game seriously lacked polish and yes, since I was getting Perfects on everything the Anvil Chorus began to drive me a bit nuts. Made sense in Peggle (Ode to Joy), does not make sense in a game like this. This is the 2nd game I've seen rip off that bit. Long load times annoying as well and graphics were not great.

So basically my bottom line was I enjoyed the game mechanics and idea very much, but thought it pretty rough in presentation.

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Jul 5, 09 4:13 PM
Love it. But I already bought it at another site at 50% off last week. I didn't think BF would get it.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Jul 5, 09 4:19 PM
...oh, also wanted to mention - I think this would be an excellent "brain training" game for us older types. Since word/image associations are one of the things we lose as we age and it's been proven excercising this ability helps hold on to it. I was hoping when I finished it I would have access to the puzzles without going thru the whole structre of the game again but no *shrug* can just play it over.

It also does get more difficult as you go. At the end I was sure to play mini-games so I'd have time refillers and hints.

mews
Salmon
Salmon
2,854 Posts

[Post New]by mews on Jul 5, 09 4:31 PM
I am so glad I'm not alone in liking this game, I'm still enjoying it and I'm on the 4th spirit and I'm re-doing ones I didn't get perfect score as I go along.

Thanks for telling us what the music is Euskalduna, I recognised it but didn't know it's origin.

And katy12250, I agree with all you said in your post regarding this game and TM games and RTR (didn't like it, didn't buy it) so this one is a definite from me too.

mews

char1132
Manatee
Manatee
4,059 Posts

[Post New]by char1132 on Jul 5, 09 4:44 PM
My cursor was not acting right on it kept getting stuck and running around LOL Vista 32

Edited on 07/05/2009 at 4:45:54 PM PST

windrose53
Flounder
Flounder
2,385 Posts

[Post New]by windrose53 on Jul 5, 09 6:34 PM
char1132 wrote:My cursor was not acting right on it kept getting stuck and running around LOL Vista 32

Me too. And the game starts dragging & getting slower and slower. I lost the level I was playing twice because I couldn't click on the card I needed to. I was going to get it but the slow/freezing mouse/game made me decide to skip it.

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Jul 5, 09 6:35 PM
I enjoyed it and thought it would be a nice game to have when I'm looking for something not too challenging (although a couple of the games were challenging). The anvil chorus and the witch's comments eventually got on my nerves. I guess I could turn off the sound, since it isn't really necessary for the game.

I was able to free 2 spirits and was halfway through the third when the demo ended.

sandipuppy
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by sandipuppy on Jul 5, 09 7:06 PM
I liked it enough to buy it...gives me the 5 for the key chain. Nice relaxing game for in the evening before bed.

I play with the sound off on my 'puter so that didn't bother me at all.

princesschaos1st
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,838 Posts

[Post New]by princesschaos1st on Jul 5, 09 7:17 PM
not for me, I liked some of the games, but overall not holding my interest

Go to: