Daxadillion
Salmon
Salmon
2,868 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Elizabeth's Secret Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jun 25, 15 12:41 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 06/25/2015 at 6:12:18 AM PST

petrinov
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Elizabeth's Secret Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by petrinov on Jun 25, 15 1:11 AM
Have downloaded twice and when I go to play games it will open but after it starts, will boot me right back out to game manager again??

addictedtofish
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Elizabeth's Secret Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by addictedtofish on Jun 25, 15 1:29 AM
Can't even get past setting up options - game freezes and it's not my computer - all up to date!

[Post New]by kelsmanly6 on Jun 25, 15 1:37 AM
I have the same problem. The game starts with bfg page then goes right back to game manager. Can't play it.

[Post New]by shelterhill on Jun 25, 15 2:51 AM
Cursur goes all over the place and is not moveable.. Sometimes it change into the systemcursor, but cannot do anything with it..

Angry, because I do like the game so far..

Edit; windows 7....

Edited on 06/25/2015 at 3:54:07 AM PST

[Post New]by dilliedallie01 on Jun 25, 15 2:52 AM
I was able to start game , but unable to use cursor to get items etc. I'm using a Laptop Windows 8

pemerald46
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by pemerald46 on Jun 25, 15 3:07 AM
I have downloaded twice and it will not even start. Windows 7

[Post New]by gamefisherhooked on Jun 25, 15 3:19 AM
Yep, me too. Just downloaded the game, went to play it and (like other fishies) as soon as I got past the BFG page I was booted right out of the game and back to the Game Manager. WONT WORK BFG!!!!! FIX THIS OR GIVE US OUR MONEY BACK!!!!! Getting fed up the last few years with games that I can't play due to tech issues. And NO, it's not my computer!! Been checked, double checked and triple checked!!!

aussieali
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by aussieali on Jun 25, 15 3:26 AM
SO ANNOYED!!! Same problem as everyone else....I really look forward to Thursday's for my new game and I buy the new one Every Week!!! That's a LOT of money and when you get one that you can't even open....welll....frustrating is not even the word for it!!! Come on Big Fish, why didn't you pick this issue up before releasing!!! Now what am I going to play....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....very very very upset and angry game addict right here!!!! I'm going to try changing the compatability and if that doesn't fix it..well, I'll just have to scream!!!!! And I hope I don't have to wait 48 hours after having to send a report to you either...you should come to me on this one!!

aussieali
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by aussieali on Jun 25, 15 3:36 AM
No option for compatability.....windows 7 seems to be a recurring theme here...really really annoyed!

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Elizabeth's Secret Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by tracilynne40 on Jun 25, 15 4:09 AM
Well I'm gonna jump right in here with all my fishie friends and throw my line in too. This is ridiculous!! I can't even get past putting my name in the box to play game. My cursor won't even show up to select anything!! EVERY game that BFG has put out for the last couple of years, there is one issue or another at some point along in the game.
I was looking forward to trying out this game, but alas, as usual there is a F-upped tech issue!! I'm to the point of cancelling my membership. When I email my issues to tech support, they ask if I've tried this or that, tell me to run a Dr.Felix report, blah, blah, blah...How is it that it is our pc's is always the problem?? Noooo, it's never BFG fault, right?? Or the Dev's problem, right?? Of course by the time I contacted Tech/Customer support, I've already tried all the other avenues.,that's why I then contact them, duh. I miss the old days when we could communicate by phone or chat with customer/tech support. I've been a member since 2009, and have spent hundreds of dollars on these games. My loyalty means squat to them. How is it that these games are beta-tested, but still get put out with issues??

By the way,
I am running Windows 7 pro on a ASUS M32 with a Samsung UHD monitor

Edited on 06/25/2015 at 4:14:07 AM PST

RasmusB
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Elizabeth's Secret Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by RasmusB on Jun 25, 15 4:16 AM
It crashes to desktop every time i try to run it, not at the same point, but very quickly.
I run Windows 8.1 64-bit, so its not just windows 7 thats affected.

*EDIT* The crashes occures only on my stationary pc with and AMD Gfx Card. On my labtop with a Nvidia Card, it runs smoothly, so that could be the problem.

Edited on 06/25/2015 at 1:12:36 PM PST

[Post New]by Ragdollsue on Jun 25, 15 4:34 AM
I am having the same problem. The game is not opening at all, just stays on Game Manager. I have uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail.
So disappointed.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Jun 25, 15 4:36 AM
So far, I have completed through the third chapter with no problems at all....
EXCEPT, the SG needs a way of easily going back to the table of contents.
The table of contents seems to work fine, Once you have gotten there, but I have not found a link to it, from within the contents......either in the Extras or in the game.

All the rest of you.....should contact CS for a refund or a pcc if that is what you want.
They will give it to no problem.....
but, send them a report with a super easy to download Dr Felix report, so that the Devs can work on some fixes for the game....which is pretty good.

[Post New]by mogadon on Jun 25, 15 4:54 AM
My tech issue is different, or maybe not. I was really looking forward to this, but when I get to the minigame in the priedieux in the Queen's chamber, the one where you are supposed to put misplaced items in the picture back where thry belong, nothing will move, no matter what I do!

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,815 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jun 25, 15 5:38 AM
I bought this game with out trying the demo...because I like the first one. But, it won't even start. I should know better since Big Fish Sold this site. Hopefully they'll fix it quickly...if not...I want my Money Back.

gernespieler
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by gernespieler on Jun 25, 15 5:46 AM
I can play the game - at least until now, not at the end at the moment - but I always need to change the cursor back to custom cursor and - besides the constant changing to pick things up in HOS - I do like to play with the system cursor . OS is windows 7

Edited on 06/25/2015 at 5:52:19 AM PST

[Post New]by shelterhill on Jun 25, 15 5:48 AM
I don't dare to buy the game, and I wanted it, with the huge seal code.. but too afraid now..

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,215 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Jun 25, 15 5:50 AM
Windows 8.1, 64 bit pc here.

Downloaded the game just fine. Tried to play, get as far as the Vendel mouse, and booted back to Game Manager - every time!

I'm definitely a bit "cheesed off" to use a common Aussie saying. I really hope BF and the Devs get this fixed quick, as I was quite looking forward to trying the game. Sigh.

Jen

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
628 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Jun 25, 15 6:05 AM
same issue here! the vandel's cat purring then nothing else! not enough for a game,right?

Go to: