"Dressing the dolls" HOS

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

"Dressing the dolls" HOS

[Post New]by LarkBea on Jun 25, 15 8:38 AM
Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but in this scene, I cannot find the third dress for the middle doll. The hint button keeps going to the upper left, beyond where the cursor can reach while in the scene and there's nothing there when panning out.

Does anyone have any hints for this one?

Thanks.

Re:"Dressing the dolls" HOS

[Post New]by plumbcrazy1 on Jun 25, 15 11:22 AM
I'm having the same trouble and the guide doesn't give any help for it.

flaxin
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by flaxin on Jun 25, 15 11:25 AM
I'm also stuck there. It's doing exactly the same as both of you. It does turn into a hand curser up there on the top left for a second, but nothing is there. I've got the three angel wings also, and it keeps saying I can paint something green with the moss, which I already painted one. Looks like it's buggy, none of us can move on, at least we got this far compared to a LOT of others.

[Post New]by bosmarinewife on Jun 25, 15 12:59 PM
I am having the same issue. Has anyone gotten a response as to how to finish this HOS because it is what gives you the sword to finish off the statues.

Edited on 06/25/2015 at 1:00:08 PM PST

[Post New]by Lramos on Jun 25, 15 1:36 PM
Same problem here, have played up to this point with no problem, so frustrating!!

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Jun 25, 15 1:40 PM
I reported this in the technical issues thread. If it's not addressed within a reasonable time frame (or someone steps in to tell us what we might be missing?), I will write to customer support and ask for a game credit.

[Post New]by mileynme on Jun 25, 15 2:06 PM
I'm having the same problem. The game worked great up until this point. So disappointing!

VickiS531
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by VickiS531 on Jun 25, 15 2:47 PM
I too am having the same problem. I've gotten the green and yellow dresses on the dolls and have 3 feather wings in the 'inventory' but I can't even click the hint button, its unavailable.

I get the gears over the dollies and over the quill/cheese area on the left side.

I'm getting tired of strategy guides saying a puzzle like this is a HO and simply says "complete the HO puzzle" to get ____.

Scottie12
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by Scottie12 on Jun 25, 15 3:55 PM
I had the same problem, so exited from the game and went back into it and I was able to continue. Hope this helps! The last remaining dress needs to be dipped into the glass of red wine, put on the doll and then apply the wings.

flaxin
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by flaxin on Jun 25, 15 4:18 PM
I exited and went back on and it still isn't working for me. I never even could get the third dress to put into the wine. I guess I'll just get a credit and wait to see if there is some type of fix someday or buy somewhere else. I really liked this game!

Drgnswf
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Drgnswf on Jun 25, 15 5:07 PM
I keep looking for a reason to drop Big Fish utterly. I am close to being pushed into it by the last few CE's (this one included) having such bug problems.

Meanwhile, I am stuck in the same place as most of the rest of the repliers to this message. I am running Windows 7, however, so Windows 8 may not be the reason. Ah well, on to a different gaming site where I can at least play the games I purchase.

Good luck, everyone.

kandinsky
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

dismayed

[Post New]by kandinsky on Jun 25, 15 5:52 PM
Havent gotten to the dolls yet but reading "The last remaining dress needs to be dipped into the glass of red wine, put on the doll and then apply the wings. " I think this sounds like a parody of this sort of game...
maybe Ive played too many but Im thinking how is it that the early reviewers who as usual give perfect marks to this thing dont at least have a smile for the absurdity of the thing?
*see my later post ,after I ran into the third dress problem,bellow.

Edited on 06/26/2015 at 1:04:58 PM PST

mrbecker
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by mrbecker on Jun 25, 15 6:49 PM
I was able to put one dress in the wine. You can't tell which dress is supposed to go in the wine so I tried both. Then I dragged the other dress onto the moss. That colored it green. Then I put them on the dolls. Stuck the wing frame on the glue bottle, used the paint brush to paint the wire frame, then stuck the feathers on it. It worked. This has been very confusing, but I did get the sword.

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Jun 25, 15 9:40 PM
I have the same problem but I did have 2 white dresses. When I put one onto the moss to make it green the other dress disappeared!

Hint only shows me top left where there is nothing!

I was enjoying this game and its such a bummer to get stuck in a glitch!

Edited on 06/25/2015 at 9:41:05 PM PST

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Jun 26, 15 4:04 AM
I had all three dresses at one point, but made the mistake (guessing here) of dragging the second one to the moss and placing it on the doll. At that point, the 3rd dress vanished and is located (apparently) somewhere beyond the HOS on the upper left, impossible to retrieve. The SG gives no clue to any particular order. All it says is to complete the HOS to get the sword.

Writing to BFG today asking for a game credit.

alilypad
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by alilypad on Jun 26, 15 10:40 AM
Same problem:
"I had all three dresses at one point, but made the mistake (guessing here) of dragging the second one to the moss and placing it on the doll. At that point, the 3rd dress vanished and is located (apparently) somewhere beyond the HOS on the upper left, impossible to retrieve. The SG gives no clue to any particular order. All it says is to complete the HOS to get the sword."

Win 8

wkdsdenn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by wkdsdenn on Jun 26, 15 11:18 AM
Had the same problem. Ended up restarting the game from the beginning as a different player. When I returned to the Doll HOS, I dyed the second dress with the wine and the third with the moss. No vanishing dresses in that order. All well from then on.
Good luck!

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Jun 26, 15 11:30 AM
Thanks for confirming that the dresses have to be done in a specific order, wkdsdenn. It would have saved me and a lot of others if the SG had mentioned that point instead of the other dress just vanishing in thin air.

kandinsky
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

The Third Dress . missed order but got around it.

[Post New]by kandinsky on Jun 26, 15 1:03 PM
I thought I was done for because I had dipped the second dress in wine and made the red dress and when the third came up help kept sending me back to the wine bottle... I finally grasped that I needed to put green on the third dress whatever help said and when I did (the green is on the right) things got back to working and I moved on. Hope this helps someone...
A badly working help system is like a gps which thinks you are on a road you have left and keeps guiding on that basis.
I found help more than once obstinately asking me to go places I was not ready to go to or had already done and beyond that the walkthrough guide seems very sketchy.

Im thinking that the detailed reviews offering all the features of the game may have been made by players who did not go all the way through before dashing off a review which is ok but needs be taken into account.

[Post New]by silvereagle on Jun 26, 15 9:49 PM
I had the two white dresses, yellow one on, turned one green and it went on the doll, but then the third dress dissapeared before I could put it in the wine, cursor keeps going upto left hand corner

Go to: