decathmom
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Problem with multiple profiles

[Post New]by decathmom on Jul 6, 09 12:33 AM
My husband and son have been playing this game and I finally decided to try it. Last night I got up to the level with the Zamboni. Today when I tried to get back on, my profile didn't exist. My husband's and son's were still there. I started over again today. Got to the same level. I exited out, went back in, and my profile doesn't exist again. So, I have two profiles that save and one that doesn't. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks

amby0625
Clownfish
Clownfish
511 Posts

Re:Problem with multiple profiles

[Post New]by amby0625 on Jul 6, 09 1:39 AM
hi decathmom!
there's a thread here about saving issues.
are you using vista or xp?
because i know that there are no problems with having multiple profiles using xp.
there are bugs for vista however.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jul 6, 09 2:59 AM
I have no problem with multiple profiles using Vista, but then I never had any problems saving progress either.

jjome
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by jjome on Jul 6, 09 6:08 AM
I was somewhere in level 3 and when I came back a few days later I was at the beginning of level 2. I played to about 2-4 and when I came back again later I was 2-1 again. I don't want to keep playing if this is going to keep happening. I am on Vista. My husband is playing the same game through Steam and hasn't had a problem, he is also on Vista.

amby0625
Clownfish
Clownfish
511 Posts

[Post New]by amby0625 on Jul 6, 09 6:49 AM
hi jjome!
i bought my PvZ at yahoo. bought it off the demo after the trial was up, i finished the adventure mode but when i came back, it didn't save my progress. so i uninstalled it (didn't save userdata) and installed it again as administrator. when i activated the game, it saved my progress. however, when i created another profile (for my niece), anything i did after that would not save i must have played through adventure mode 3 times before james1972 at gamezebo finally figured out that you have to right click on the shortcut and choose "run as administrator"
after that, i have 4 or more profiles running and everything has been saving perfectly.
i'm using vista 32 bit (don't know if that's relevant, the 32 bit i mean)

[Post New]by Kellerman on Nov 2, 13 3:22 AM
amby0625 wrote:hi decathmom!
there's a thread here about saving issues.
are you using vista or xp?
because i know that there are no problems with having multiple profiles using xp.
there are bugs for vista however.

Can you tell me how to solve it? I can't find my profiles.

Go to: