kuros

jucha
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

kuros

[Post New]by jucha on Jul 6, 09 2:43 AM
Hi fishies,have just been reading about a new game kuros sounds good ,its by sandlot games so hope BF get it .Has anyone played it yet?

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

Re:kuros

[Post New]by prchalpn on Jul 6, 09 2:57 AM
Nice graphics and looks promising. Maybe BF will get it and we can find out on a demo.

welcome to the pond jucha

Edited on 07/06/2009 at 2:58:19 AM PST

[Post New]by Noisette1952 on Jul 6, 09 3:03 AM
Kuros is coming soon, have a look here, Picman promised it : http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/42456.page
Yessssssss
And welcome to the pond, Jucha

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on Jul 6, 09 3:07 AM

jucha
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by jucha on Jul 6, 09 3:24 AM
Thanks for the welcome,all you guys are so welcoming and friendly and thanks for the info looking forward to seeing kuros on todays new game

amby0625
Clownfish
Clownfish
511 Posts

[Post New]by amby0625 on Jul 6, 09 7:02 PM
hi jucha!
i just couldn't wait for it to come out at BFG and bought it at sandlot.
if you are more patient than me, you can buy it when its available here. IMO its worth buying.
what a great game! nice mix of HOG & adventure.
happy gaming!

jinocchio49
Flounder
Flounder
2,255 Posts

[Post New]by jinocchio49 on Jul 6, 09 7:52 PM
amby0625 wrote:hi jucha!
i just couldn't wait for it to come out at BFG and bought it at sandlot.
if you are more patient than me, you can buy it when its available here. IMO its worth buying.
what a great game! nice mix of HOG & adventure.
happy gaming!

Me too! It's a great game!!

amby0625
Clownfish
Clownfish
511 Posts

[Post New]by amby0625 on Jul 7, 09 2:27 AM
hi jinocchio49!
have you finished the game, i'm stuck on the puzzles where you have to place mirrors so that the light would reflect through them but i'm giving it a rest, maybe i'll have an epiphany & it'll just come to me, lol!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jul 7, 09 3:02 AM
I like the game too and played it trough the trial time, but I found Treasure Seekers much better.

amby0625
Clownfish
Clownfish
511 Posts

[Post New]by amby0625 on Jul 7, 09 4:14 AM
hi eisteepfirsich!
i love treasure seekers too, but i can't decide which one i like better, lol!

jinocchio49
Flounder
Flounder
2,255 Posts

[Post New]by jinocchio49 on Jul 7, 09 6:34 AM
amby0625 wrote:hi jinocchio49!
have you finished the game, i'm stuck on the puzzles where you have to place mirrors so that the light would reflect through them but i'm giving it a rest, maybe i'll have an epiphany & it'll just come to me, lol!

Hi amby. No I haven't finished the game and I haven't gotten to the mirrors yet. If hubby behaves long enough, I may be able to get back to it today.

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Jul 10, 09 1:30 PM
Have only played demos on both but I think I like Treasure Seekers 2 better. Graphics in Kuros are awesome but I'm a newbie adventurer and find the hints a little too helpful. Also, it is hard-coded for right-handed people and being a lefty makes it harder for me to play. Still on my BUY list, tho.

Sablesshadow
Manatee
Manatee
4,347 Posts

[Post New]by Sablesshadow on Jul 10, 09 1:43 PM
TopazMystique wrote:Have only played demos on both but I think I like Treasure Seekers 2 better. Graphics in Kuros are awesome but I'm a newbie adventurer and find the hints a little too helpful. Also, it is hard-coded for right-handed people and being a lefty makes it harder for me to play. Still on my BUY list, tho.

Hi Topaz, I can understand your frustration re right vs. left-handed people. I eventually had to purchase a left-handed mouse because I'm having problems with my right hand. It's made a great deal of difference. You might want to consider this approach, My left-handed mouse is from Logitech and it's wire-free. Just a thought.

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Jul 10, 09 2:08 PM
Even though I'm right handed, I use the mouse with my left hand. I played the game and had no problems. I set the mouse up for left-handed in Windows, not in the game.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jul 10, 09 9:03 PM
Other game portals now have Kuros listed for released between 13th-15th July - so since BF have said they are getting it there is a good chance it will also be available here around those dates

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Jul 12, 09 4:22 AM
BinLA wrote:Even though I'm right handed, I use the mouse with my left hand. I played the game and had no problems. I set the mouse up for left-handed in Windows, not in the game.

My mouse is set up for left-handed in Windows also which causes the right button to be the main and the left button to be the secondary. If you have no problems with the game, then are you using your middle finger for the main button and index finger for secondary button?

I can do that but then when I switch back to "normal" programs, I have to "retrain my brain" to switch again which just isn't worth the effort. What I usually do with games like this is use my index finger which is okay for single-button games. But when a game uses both buttons, it's still a "retraining" exercise when I get back to normal programs. Keep hitting the left mouse button to open and end up bringing up the sub-menu instead.

I have started contacting developers who code this way when I can find contact info and most are surprised that this is an issue because they never thought about it before but are very open to the information. In fact, the lead programmer on Legend of the Crystal Valley IS left-handed but uses his mouse right-handed as do all the other lefties in the company. I'm hoping by contacting them, more games will be developed to take us southpaws into consideration.

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Jul 13, 09 6:21 AM
After playing this game a little more, I've decided it's a keeper even though it is hard-coded for right-handed people. At least it only uses 1 mouse button so it's easier to play as a leftie than those games that use both mouse buttons.

bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on Jul 13, 09 11:50 AM
Hi all,

We just got the forum for Kuros up and running, so I'm going to go ahead and move this thread.

Cheers!

~~~bfgCelebes~ ~~~

Edited on 07/13/2009 at 11:50:16 AM PST

Stuck at end of KUROS

[Post New]by blondelin on Jul 17, 09 5:34 PM
Just purchased Kuros & it's a really cool game. I am at the end & cannot the configurations right. Can anyone help?

Thaletta
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Thaletta on Jul 20, 09 5:14 PM
Have bought the game and I love it! But I am stuck at the moment, even with the help of the Walk through! I seem to have a left-over helmet in the Obsidian Hall part of the game. I found all the pieces for the soldiers and put them back together but cant seem to find where this last head gear goes.... can any one help please?

Go to: