Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

No new is not good news

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Jun 26, 15 1:36 PM
This may seem insulting or complaining so I will preface with the compliment that I find BW to be a fun and silly game that has managed to capture my interest and has gotten me hooked. I was also surprised and delighted, having come from a game that literally stopped once you reached level 120 , had virtually no questline and insulted their customers (the players) on forums, to find the exact opposite here. This one tops it in visual quality, quests, energy rejuvenation, "things to do in game" and fun. I have made many kudos when I sent in tickets and they are well deserved.

So, to continue with feedback, coming to the game since Fathers day has been rather disappointing. Not that I need anything new, as I am still a lower level player, but because I see news that is old news. There should be tips or notices at the very least to show players rather than an outdated event screen from the previous week. What especially brought this home was seeing THIS "news" on the Wiki home page:

"Coming Soon: Patriot Event!
There's a party going on in the Commons, and you're invited! The Patriot Event is a time for cooking up BBQ and lighting off fireworks, and everybody can take part. Win fireworks and raw food in bushes, then take it to the Commons to turn it in. Earn event points and tokens for doing so; use the points to earn event ribbons, and the tokens to buy special event items! It's that easy! New to the event this year are probably a few exciting new quest chains and more than a dozen new customization items."

Being july 1st is a few days away, why was this news only available for other game sites? (the wiki gatekeepers are from other game platforms, which I am not allowed to name here, but I also noted that EB game has similar news) Why is it not in all news headlines? Why is it not on [code] main page? And lastly, why is there suddenly no one to answer tickets for over a week? I myself had no major issues, but what if I had? That is a very long time to wait for a reply let alone a fix.

We know, you have been busy and Justin has been in meetings all week and had no time. However, it would be a huge mistake to distance yourself from your hardcore lovers of this game, to only concentrate on the newer game in beta. Your core are your fans who brought you to where you are today... and you lose them when you are concentrating solely on wooing in customers for a new game.

Edited on 06/26/2015 at 1:37:50 PM PST

Re: No new is not good news

[Post New]by erika_kramer1 on Jun 26, 15 1:58 PM
Hi kitty,

We appreciate your love of the game.

The news never changes until we release something new. That has always been the system. Plus, most players are in the habit of clicking through and don't even read it when it is new.

We're not in the business of promising dates.

That notice is on the wiki only because the editor assumes that we will be following closely to last year's event schedule and so they have decided to warn players that it's coming up.

It is not us giving them knowledge other platforms don't get. And anyone who reads the wiki, from any game site, would have access to that warning.

Thank you for your feedback.

Erika
CNE Community Manager

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Jun 26, 15 2:34 PM
Hi erika.

Thanks for replying so quickly. So wiki is preempting an event given the past and hoping it is correct? Good to know and probably not a good idea given Wiki should be striving to give out correct info to users.

Speaking of quickly clicking through, the rest of my feedback has relevancy regardless and I do hope that you will still address it.

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Jun 27, 15 11:07 AM
Although there is a saying a day late and a dollar short, I am sure there is one that applies here for being a tad too early. Jumping the gun?

Edited on 07/01/2015 at 5:03:35 PM PST

Go to: