Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Delicious: Emily's Home Sweet Home Collectors Edition here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jun 27, 15 12:38 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 06/27/2015 at 6:21:33 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Delicious: Emily's Home Sweet Home Collectors Edition here

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Jun 27, 15 6:21 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Delicious: Emily's Home Sweet Home Collector's Edition to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

In some cases, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums. In addition, some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. However, we're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. This is because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

Nagster
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Delicious: Emily's Home Sweet Home Collectors Edition here

[Post New]by Nagster on Jun 27, 15 7:27 AM
I am unable to choose my menu as I am supposed to be able to do once new items are unlocked. This happens only in days 1 - 10. Menu items can be selected in the other days (so far). I demoed this game from the developer's site and did not have this issue.

[Laptop with Windows 7]

Edited on 06/28/2015 at 5:19:17 AM PST

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Jun 28, 15 2:37 AM
Cannot exit or escape the credits.

FunIt
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by FunIt on Jun 28, 15 9:43 AM
I also can not change the menu in the first restaurant, but I bought from the developer already and have the same issue. I'll see who will this bug first ...

PS MarkAlan: You're not supposed to ...

ladyblu11
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by ladyblu11 on Jun 28, 15 11:10 AM
Cannot open on mac. have a macbook pro and I was able to get into the first screen only once (to add name) then it quit. Fails to open now every time.
I will contact support to get a refund. Really wanted to play this game, so I'm not happy.

mizzmm
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
435 Posts

[Post New]by mizzmm on Jun 28, 15 12:42 PM
FunIt wrote:I also can not change the menu in the first restaurant, but I bought from the developer already and have the same issue. I'll see who will this bug first ...

PS MarkAlan: You're not supposed to ...

go to settings and click "show game hints" and you will be able to unlock the dishes. There are issues with this game and per another game site that i purchased it from, they are working on all the issues.

[Post New]by jennybrown1 on Jun 28, 15 2:12 PM
ladyblu11 wrote:Cannot open on mac. have a macbook pro and I was able to get into the first screen only once (to add name) then it quit. Fails to open now every time.
I will contact support to get a refund. Really wanted to play this game, so I'm not happy.

Same here.

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Jun 29, 15 12:26 AM
I did demo & wondered why I unlocked a 'dish' but then never presented when clicking on 'menu'...thought it may be a 'glitch' but wanted the game so purchased on the sale today. I must be getting CRS moments as I always have in past came to the game forum to double check 'tech issues' and 'other reviews' ... I have been playing hours now and become more frustrated then a 'happy gamer'...as for HOG I have become bored as so many are 'same old' 'same old' so been on the 'replay' status of my TM and M3 games for months now, purchased only two games last month and that was a shock. Normal purchase prior '13 was at least a dozen monthly. Yes am happy with all the Delicious games, this is the first time having a 'tech issue'

HP Win8.1 64bit 4G Laptop

Lets

ETA: will see if a fix is coming, will check back!

Edited on 06/29/2015 at 12:34:35 AM PST

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Jun 29, 15 5:50 AM
FunIt wrote:MarkAlan: You're not supposed to ...

You are incorrect. Every game in this series, not to mention every game on this site has the ability to escape or exit out of the credits screen. In fact, there is a menu button at the top-left corner of the credits that does nothing when you click on it.
Definitely an obvious bug.

[Post New]by JeannieT_LFP on Jun 29, 15 9:50 AM
The Emily series is among my favorites but I am disappointed and frustrated by bugs in this latest game. I suspect these may be related to my OS (Mac 10.10.3), as I don't see the following issues elsewhere in this thread. Two examples:

Some items and appliances that are supposedly "burn-resistant" (e.g., beef) or "spill-proof" aren't. Not only frustrating when items don't perform as they should, but you waste credits you could have used on other items.

The action counter is often really flaky and fails to record appropriate actions. Example: in level 49 the goal is to serve 8 angry customers, but no matter how many you serve (I served more than 8) no more than 2 register. Because you can't accumulate credits for actions correctly performed, it is nearly impossible to upgrade items and to get three stars in subsequent levels.

One more frustration: I'm an expert TM gamer, but it is literally impossible for me to get anywhere close to the 55 mice required on several levels, even if I focus exclusively on mice rather than serving customers.

[Post New]by BioKate on Jun 29, 15 11:20 AM
jennybrown1 wrote:
ladyblu11 wrote:Cannot open on mac. have a macbook pro and I was able to get into the first screen only once (to add name) then it quit. Fails to open now every time.

Same here.

Same, really annoyed.
P.S. Max OSX 10.7.5

Edited on 06/29/2015 at 11:20:28 AM PST

[Post New]by miss_pp on Jun 29, 15 11:31 AM
Can't get the game to run on my mac. Black window - not screen, always shutting down. tried on 2 computers, 10.7 and os 10.8
Read elsewhere that the problem is related to wrapper-technique, loads resources over time not when downloading the image.

Edited on 06/29/2015 at 11:32:30 AM PST

Nagster
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by Nagster on Jun 29, 15 12:22 PM
"go to settings and click "show game hints" and you will be able to unlock the dishes. There are issues with this game and per another game site that i purchased it from, they are working on all the issues."

This worked. Thanks.

Edited on 06/29/2015 at 12:22:46 PM PST

[Post New]by jennybrown1 on Jun 29, 15 6:06 PM
miss_pp wrote:Can't get the game to run on my mac. Black window - not screen, always shutting down. tried on 2 computers, 10.7 and os 10.8
Read elsewhere that the problem is related to wrapper-technique, loads resources over time not when downloading the image.

same. really bummed.

[Post New]by Illana16 on Jun 29, 15 6:36 PM
No me deja ingresar en el juego me dice que hay un error y no me deja ni abrirlo.La pantalla se queda negra y se desconecta.

[Post New]by flamegirl5432 on Jun 30, 15 1:10 PM
JeannieT_LFP wrote:The Emily series is among my favorites but I am disappointed and frustrated by bugs in this latest game. I suspect these may be related to my OS (Mac 10.10.3), as I don't see the following issues elsewhere in this thread. Two examples:

Some items and appliances that are supposedly "burn-resistant" (e.g., beef) or "spill-proof" aren't. Not only frustrating when items don't perform as they should, but you waste credits you could have used on other items.

The action counter is often really flaky and fails to record appropriate actions. Example: in level 49 the goal is to serve 8 angry customers, but no matter how many you serve (I served more than 8) no more than 2 register. Because you can't accumulate credits for actions correctly performed, it is nearly impossible to upgrade items and to get three stars in subsequent levels.

One more frustration: I'm an expert TM gamer, but it is literally impossible for me to get anywhere close to the 55 mice required on several levels, even if I focus exclusively on mice rather than serving customers.

when you are facing the level with the angry customers make sure that you get them down to only one star, anything more than that and it's not counted. as for the mice, keep your sound up, they make a noise when each one pops up.

Edited on 06/30/2015 at 1:12:49 PM PST

[Post New]by flamegirl5432 on Jun 30, 15 1:22 PM
in the farmers market you can't use the fruity water, it's there, you can put it out to use it but nobody will ever order it, I have faced this problem several times already. as previously stated there are supposed 'burn resistant' items that burn in the same amount of time as the other items, it doesn't even give you longer to get to them. One of the more unnerving issues is Level 57, tho I haven't encountered a post about this before it's impossible to get the diamond for this level. I have played it over and over again, I have tried leaving out upgrades I have tried going back after getting every upgrade and item, no matter what I do I can't complete the challenge, it gets close but I believe that some of the items that are supposed to give extra tips don't. the fruity water and the issues with level 57 are the only ones that keep me from finishing the game with the house fully decorated. 57 is also the only challenge that can't be completed.

Edited on 06/30/2015 at 1:29:36 PM PST

[Post New]by CajunWitch on Jun 30, 15 1:37 PM
I'm having the same trouble as FlameGirl when it comes to the farmer's market. It's extremely frustrating because you can't earn the trophy for using everything at least once if you can't use the fruity water.

[Post New]by workforwine on Jun 30, 15 2:25 PM
Downloaded FREE trial but can't open it with my MAC.
Initially game opened in a small window (not full screen). Title page opened and as soon as I tried to type in my player name the game closed automatically. Subsequent attempts to open the game just a small black window opened up with an error message to either "Don't restore Window" or "Restore Window"

Processor 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000 288 MB
Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63b)

Go to: