Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Delicious: Emily's Home Sweet Home Collectors Edition here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jun 27, 15 12:39 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 06/27/2015 at 6:22:29 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Delicious: Emily's Home Sweet Home Collectors Edition here

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Jun 27, 15 6:22 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Delicious: Emily's Home Sweet Home Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Delicious: Emily's Home Sweet Home Collector's Edition.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Delicious: Emily's Home Sweet Home Collectors Edition here

[Post New]by Imberis on Jun 27, 15 12:50 PM
This game is another wonderful addition to the Delicious series.

In this one, you play as Emily trying to fix up an old, larger home for her family.

The gameplay is mostly the same, with a few minor adjustments. Customers give you their order, you pick up or make items, deliver them, and take their money. Sometimes you have to also wash tables or entertain guests. There are three modes of gameplay, amounting to casual, advanced, and hard.

New additions to the game:
-- Unlockable foods: You must complete certain tasks to unlock new foods to have in your restaurant. Tasks mostly are things like serve ten snack foods, etc. to open up a new snack food.
-- Challenge: Levels have diamond challenges, such as walking 100 yards or putting up decorations. Complete these and you get a diamond. That diamond is used for...
-- The house! You can see the new house, and choose which items in the house to upgrade with your earned diamonds.
-- (Spoiler alert, but important point all the same!)
Paige's room also acts as the trophy room. Click on items in her room to see what you need to do to get the trophies.

All in all, this is a nice addition to the Delicious series. It's fun, fast paced (but not too fast), and colorful. There are some new characters, which adds some interest to the story.

sandrahollie
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by sandrahollie on Jun 27, 15 2:41 PM
Another Emily. I've been waiting 2 months for a game to buy. I'm going to give it one more week than I've got to go.

tesamoine
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

[Post New]by tesamoine on Jun 27, 15 3:30 PM
I love the Emily games. It's TM without the crazy clicking of the "dash" type games. I have watched Emily grow from a small child to a now home owner The graphics are top notch. There is a bit more challenge in this game as opposed to the older ones. There is a diamond level and this CE gives you 10 extra levels. I recommend

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Jun 28, 15 12:03 AM
When it comes to the perfection of Time-Management, you will need look no further. This one is it! For many years the developers of the Delicious series have painstakingly refined and perfected everything about this game and its much neglected genre. And if any game deserves a Collector's Edition, it's most definitely this one! It's a great addition to the long-running franchise!

If you've never tried this series before, you may enjoy it and find it quite delicious!

Edited on 06/28/2015 at 12:04:46 AM PST

Angel3585
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Angel3585 on Jul 4, 15 5:54 AM
Looking back on the whole series I can see the improvements. This is the best in the delicious series. I like the extra challenges, the house that you get to decorate and the extra challenge with each level. Interesting, colourful, challenging but still fun. Definitely recommend.

sephira1
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by sephira1 on Jul 4, 15 1:09 PM
sorry I find this too hard on the first challenge level to get all the mice I have attempted many many many times yet I can NOT get all the mice and advance in the game.. I find getting the diamonds to be a pain.. even on the easy level.. some people just do not have the reflexes to move so quickly to get the mice in time.. I think you need to make this game easier to accomplish for people who do not have lightning reflexes.

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Jul 7, 15 12:44 PM

Edited on 07/09/2015 at 9:52:15 AM PST

[Post New]by donna_lee2004 on Jul 8, 15 8:13 AM
Great game, I had no issues with the operation, had some challenges to complete everything in the house but that is fine. With help from reading the forum q & a I managed to get all the diamonds and was able to finish the house. I would recommend purchase.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 9, 15 9:53 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to take the time to thank players for their reviews of this particular game. It looks like this series is definitely being enjoyed by players.

I'd also like to remind users of the Review Guidelines, specifically,

Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

Thanks for your understanding. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions. Happy gaming everyone!

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by OrionsRose on Jul 11, 15 3:46 PM
Another incredible addition to the Delicious series! These games just get better and better (for the most part)! I own every single Emily game and they were good way back in the beginning (I replay the entire series at least once a year) so for them to keep getting better has been awesome. This time around I am loving the extra levels and all the fun little challenges. I like the method of menu changes better this time than in "Emily's New Beginning." The storyline (as usual) is full of humor and heart.

But...
My biggest complaint is a major step backward in the gameplay and this is the second game we've seen it in. The hearts (customer mood) are not displayed enough. I hate not knowing where I stand with my customers and it often ends up that I didn't know they needed cheering up in time to do much about it.

My other concern is with the characters. After knowing Emily's story as well as I do, I find it puzzling that the previously content interior designer, Francois, has been flailing in recent games to find contentment in his career path. Not to say I don't like his involvement in the game in the creative ways the Devs have come up with but it just seems strange to see him sort of going backwards.
Also, considering how much help Emily has given the town of Snuggford, it seems odd that all those people wouldn't step in and help her with her house, etc. but that's just one of those continuity issues game series' often seem to have unfortunately.

All in all though it's a wonderful game (as are the others in the series) and a real cut above most of the competition in TM games. Do yourself a favor and try it!

Pashta
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Pashta on Jul 20, 15 10:28 AM
I'm a huge fan of the Delicious games with Emily and her life story. I have purchased ALL of them over many years. I really love this last one, with the extra challenges it made it much more fun for me. However, this is the only Delicious game that I have experienced MAJOR bugs in. I have seen at least three major bugs, one where there were items you can't click on suddenly and I had to restart the level, one where people couldn't line up properly and were glitching and the last one where I cannot unlock the final two trophies in Paige's room even though I have unlocked all the food items in the game.

I surely hope that **** learned their lesson and will beta test more carefully next time because if I experience bugs like this one more time I won't purchase another Delicious game again.

Overall, I recommend it, but wait until they release a patch to fix the bugs.

[Post New]by gamerdame on Jul 25, 15 9:26 AM
I would love to give this game a good review - it has the potential to be really fun - however it has so many technical problems it is more frustrating than fun.

zephyr369
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by zephyr369 on Aug 8, 15 6:05 AM
Love this game but the slow/tired Emily bonus level is absolutely annoying. It's the only level left where I can't get the diamond. I need to stop from time to time because I lose my temper with it.

Edited on 08/08/2015 at 6:05:39 AM PST

[Post New]by helen_jane on Sep 15, 15 8:35 AM
Best of the Emilys but too many technical glitches. Like everyone else, I cannot complete the game. Frustrating.

bluejen
Clownfish
Clownfish
702 Posts

[Post New]by bluejen on Oct 7, 15 12:54 AM
Wow, I saw all the five star reviews and played for 10 minutes. I thought I was going nuts! One of the worst games I've ever played. I just don't see the attraction. It hit the trash can so fast, heads spun! Yuck!

[Post New]by bakergirl on Oct 19, 15 12:05 PM
Has anyone else noticed that the extra levels and new storyline that is suppose to be included in this Collector's Edition DOES NOT EXIST!! After some considerable digging on the **** game site to find out what the glitch was, I discovered that there is no glitch. The developer has posted that it was a mistake that was made. How nice of them! They also did this in the Emily's New Beginnings Collector's Edition, although I cannot find any info on why that happened. (Same thing, no doubt!) Meanwhile, the lover's of this game are being charged the more expensive price for the expanded game and getting the standard edition. Really, Really NOT COOL!

Go to: