HO Saturday?

HO Saturday?

[Post New]by mya1234 on Jun 27, 15 6:21 AM
I have been a dedicated BF member for many years. This is the first time that I have been truly disappointed. I always counted on the HOD on Saturdays and today I really needed a good game for a distraction. I guess I am going to have to look for an alternative site for days like this.

So sad!!

phisherman
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

Re:HO Saturday?

[Post New]by phisherman on Jun 27, 15 6:39 AM
I totally agree. This site has continued to go downhill since the ownership change. What gets by as CE games these days is not even a good SE game. I know many die hard fans will say its not BF it is the developers. Well it is BF that offers it to me and it is BF that gets my money every month whether there is something worth playing or not. I have heard plenty of these complaints in the forums lately so it is more that a few people that are dissatisfied.

Edited on 06/27/2015 at 6:41:47 AM PST

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Jun 27, 15 7:25 AM
That's like saying there's not enough water in that Olympic sized swimming pool!!!!!
Not enough hidden object games?? That's literally not even possible around here.

phisherman
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by phisherman on Jun 27, 15 7:30 AM
Duh! Who said anything about hidden object games. Not enough good games. Even the hidden object games are not good.

Edited on 06/27/2015 at 7:34:28 AM PST

gamblebug
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

HO Saturday?

[Post New]by gamblebug on Jun 27, 15 8:15 AM
mya1234 wrote:I have been a dedicated BF member for many years. This is the first time that I have been truly disappointed. I always counted on the HOD on Saturdays and today I really needed a good game for a distraction. I guess I am going to have to look for an alternative site for days like this.

S o sad!!
I agree sometimes I buy some to have a game to play.I don't post on the reviews much anymore because they get deleted .Can't even make a complaint about spam it's deleted and this has taken place since they sold out.All the good reviewers left (wonder why)If you don't see this guess what

Karen1946
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Karen1946 on Jun 27, 15 8:41 AM
I agree with the previous posts. HO game didn't work yesterday, and then today's offering. They get my money each month also, but the quality and selection have certainly has gone downhill. I was so upset about yesterday's game not playing, but then today's TGT, baloney!!!!

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Jun 27, 15 9:52 AM
Why, as a fan of Time Management games (especially the Delicious series), am I subjected to these threads and posts every time a TM game is released?

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Jun 27, 15 10:12 AM
I personally don't care how often BF release TMG, but weekend's have thus far been reserved for HOG's. A NO buy for this here dissapointed member.

marypenn
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by marypenn on Jun 27, 15 10:12 AM
Will someone please PM me other sites to try? Thanks.

beltie
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by beltie on Jun 27, 15 11:45 AM
I'm with GameLvr30. Can't find an HO game to play??!!! You must be joking!!! The better part of the games offered are HO games. Give us a break! Stop complaining and search the site

P.S. I rarely post a note like this one, but I just couldn't believe what I was reading. it's like pulling teeth trying to find anything other than an HO game or a Match 3

Edited on 06/27/2015 at 11:47:17 AM PST

badgerfann
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by badgerfann on Jun 27, 15 11:52 AM
beltie wrote:I'm with GameLvr30. Can't find an HO game to play??!!! You must be joking!!! The better part of the games offered are HO games. Give us a break! Stop complaining and search the site

P.S. I rarely post a note like this one, but I just couldn't believe what I was reading. it's like pulling teeth trying to find anything other than an HO game or a Match 3

Completely agree!!! I love the Delicious series and am a fan of TM games in general. I have only purchased a handful of games over the last month as the majority have been worthless HO games. Even the HO series that I loved have gone downhill. The first Rites of Passage game was outstanding....the one released last month? complete letdown and was over in a couple hours.

So please stop bitching about no HO whenever there is a different type of game offered.

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Jun 27, 15 12:18 PM
beltie wrote:I'm with GameLvr30. Can't find an HO game to play??!!! You must be joking!!! The better part of the games offered are HO games. Give us a break! Stop complaining and search the site

Have you considered that perhaps most "members" already owns EVERY weekly HO game!?

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Jun 27, 15 1:31 PM
I bet this gets deleted by a mod.............just got an email today for a HO game and it's on sale from L e g a c y games.

ETA: They have plenty of HO's and games we play right here!

Edited on 06/27/2015 at 2:21:04 PM PST

[Post New]by dixieangels on Jun 27, 15 3:28 PM
Hi MURPHY,
Long time, no see. Thanks on the tip for another game site. I have not been a member here for a long time as this site just keeps going downhill. Such a shame as it used to be fun and good games too.

Dixie

aleutcia
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by aleutcia on Jun 27, 15 4:13 PM
GameLvr30 wrote:Why, as a fan of Time Management games (especially the Delicious series), am I subjected to these threads and posts every time a TM game is released?
I completely agree!!! The HOG's are a dime a dozen but anyone who loves TM's rarely gets a game of the genre. If you go back and look at several of the TM game forums, you will find a post complaining that there was not, yet again, a HOG offered that day. Isn't 5 of 7 days a week enough?

Half the time when a TM comes out, it is the same format as My Kingdom for the Princess. When this format first came out, it was wonderful and new, but now that format is very overused. Why can't a developer come up with great games like Totem Tribe, World of Zellions, or the Chocolatier Series???? There doesn't seem to be any imagination any more when it comes to TM games.

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Jun 27, 15 4:20 PM
MURPHY wrote:I bet this gets deleted by a mod.............just got an email today for a HO game and it's on sale from L e g a c y games.

ETA: They have plenty of HO's and games we play right here!

Thanks a million, Murphy! I've joined already & with that goes my BF membership.

Take care you all!

stingstungme
Minnow
Minnow
216 Posts

[Post New]by stingstungme on Jun 27, 15 9:15 PM
BFG has said in the past that there isn't a specific genre day. HOs get churned out all month long. I can understand why you might think so but it isn't.

If that is the case then Sunday would be HO day and so would Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs and so on because HO games get released more than any other genre.

Hard for me to feel sympathetic when there have been about 20 hidden object games this month.
TM gamers have had 3 this month. 2 Delicious games and one crappy bridge game. Actually the bridge game is listed as a strategy game so we technically only have 2.

Gamblebug, you're not suppose to write posts complaining about spam. You are suppose to report the spam posts. The mods have stated this numerous times.

GameLvr30 wrote:Why, as a fan of Time Management games (especially the Delicious series), am I subjected to these threads and posts every time a TM game is released?

It is like clockwork these days. Before coming here, I knew there would be a thread and sure enough.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jun 27, 15 9:57 PM
marypenn wrote:Will someone please PM me other sites to try? Thanks.

Me to! I buy all kinds of games.This game use to be very popular. But things have changed with this site. Can't get the games to work and CS just makes me download the games over and over again...and me make send Dr. Felix Report over again.

I just want to buy games that I'm able to enjoy and play. I've been a long time member...but that doesn't matter here anymore. Please PM me also with other sites to change to.

Thanks,
Lisa

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Jun 28, 15 12:08 AM
They should really consider renaming this website to "Hidden Fish Games"

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jun 28, 15 4:24 AM
I must admit that I was disappointed seeing this game as the Saturday CE. I remember the original Emily games and I loved them; the first one I played was called Delicious Deluxe and I got hooked on it. But gradually they morphed into the style that we see now and for me they aren't the same. Far too much dialogue that's mostly inane and pointless, choosing menu's rather than just using what you're given, doing tasks in between levels that seem impossible to complete; it may add to the time taken on a game but it's over complicated and has turned what was a fun game into a stress-fest. For me anyway.

I'm curious as to how many HOPA's have been released this month. I'm pretty sure it's not 5 out of 7 days worth (as someone suggested). Lots of Match-3 around which personally I find excruciatingly boring and very few TM's aside from Emily games. No new Northern Tales, Island Tribes, Roads to Rome or Royal Envoy's on the horizon?? Must be a year since RE3 but no sign of a new one

And why do so many of the HOPA's have lots of technical issues; have games become so complex now that our PC's can't handle them? Maybe a few play on a laptop that can't handle the game specs. Or some don't bother to do basic housekeeping on their PC to remove unnecessary clutter. Or the games aren't tested properly. There are many possible reasons but most tech issues never seem to get resolved. I play on a desktop and rarely get any technical issues but I seem to be in a minority lately.

I've been a member here since 2007 but have seen a general decline over the past several months. And so many of those I remember posting have disappeared. It's all very sad And even sadder is that I'm contemplating joining them.

Go to: