alasxand
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Any Tips for passing the chinese food restuarant in the lunar sec

[Post New]by alasxand on Aug 27, 08 11:08 PM
I've made it to lunar section and I am having so much trouble passing the Chinese one towards the end. I only have 43 tokens and cant purchase the 55 recipe and all my other stuff is bought up any suggestions?

Christym
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

Re:Any Tips for passing the chinese food restuarant in the lunar sec

[Post New]by Christym on Aug 28, 08 2:34 PM
Yeah - I couldn't either my first run through. It's fun enough that I didn't mind too much - trying to pace myself and not go back and do another complete run through TOO soon...
Pretty addictive game.
Glad I could help!

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Aug 29, 08 3:34 PM
I'm so glad someone posted some tips. I was on my 2nd game - the first time I had made it about halfway through then it became too hard to beat with what I had, so it was pretty much impossible to keep playing. This time I was on the Lunar Station wtih I think 7 restuarants remaining & I spent over 2 weeks trying to beat this level where you have to make $4000.
If I hadnt paid for this game, and then later ended up spending so much time on it, there is no way I'd start over again. I"m actually pretty agitated that it got that hard.
PS I am sooooo happy they got forums on BFG!! I have been waiting for that for so long.
So originally I was going to post something about how the heck do you get past that level, but I'm just going to start a new one & choose to save my tokens for the expensive recipes rather than certain food upgrades or music. I noticed there are only a very few songs that are used at all.

Christym
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by Christym on Aug 29, 08 6:14 PM
I have to admit that I was pleased that it turned out to be a challenge to get through without feeling (to me) to be impossible. It seems like many of them that I try either end up just being "I can't get past this point" and not feeling like I could have done anything differently or easy enough that I never felt like it became a challenge.
I'm trying a new strategy this time through - similar but a little different. I'm still focusing primarily on recipes, with my secondary concern being the soup and drinks and doing occasional ingredient upgrading. Haven't touched desserts this time and so far I haven't bought any songs, although I may buy one or two eventually.
I am really glad that the time I've put into it is helping other people enjoy it too.

alasxand
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by alasxand on Aug 31, 08 6:28 PM
HE He HE I did it! I took your advice and bought high ticket recipes early. Made me expert almost all the way up! I forgot about the tea and soup and upgraded all my food! I bought only one of each dessert and only three songs... the L'amore and hotel cauliflower being my faves. I got a 1st best ending! I focused on the chain bonuses! That helped a lot too! I even lost a few customers and still had that great ending! oh and if your stuck on a level and have a bunch of desserts you can keep your last customer there and keep feeding them desserts and earn extra money and tokens.

Okay rambled enough... time to play again!!! YIPPPEEEE!!!!!

Oh and upgrade Beef and Veggies first!!!!!!!

Edited on 08/31/2008 at 6:30:08 PM PST

[Post New]by candymansteve on Sep 26, 08 9:58 AM
that last statement was so true and something all other game producers should follow

make the game a challenge but not imposible

i am really adicted to this game so much so that all the family say
"oh no hes playing ORDER READY again " lol

it is certainly the best game ive bought this year

lmholm
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by lmholm on Sep 26, 08 7:47 PM
my first post , I am driving my hubby crazy trying to get through this game , I'm sooo glad I am not alone . Thanks for the tips

ROICOM
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by ROICOM on Oct 9, 08 2:23 PM
I had previously given up on this game, but fortunately I saw that there had been a technical problem with the first version released where the recipies you purchased did not appear when you actually played that restaurant style.

Now that they fixed it, I downloaded a new version yesterday and went all the way through to the end with only missing a target once and getting expert levels in more than half.

On my last round I got $24,880. Here are a few tips:

1) Don't bother buying any songs under the value of 20 tokens. Songs are only really useful in the second half of the game and it pays to look who you have coming up and switch songs mid-game.

2) Don't worry about your soup and drinks in the beginning two cities. You will rarely beat the challenges and will waste all your tokens upgrading them trying.

3) Better to buy one recipie worth 85 tokens early than two at 45 tokens. When you do buy it, make sure you upgrade the ingredients in that one first. When playing that round make sure you look for the really big recipie and protect that player. You can get an expert easilly in most rounds if you have at least one really big meal. One that is up around $450 in the second city. As you win more expert results work your way down in recipie sizes.

4) It is a really good idea to keep an eye on what restaurant is coming up nex before you buy market items. Buy recipies for upcoming restaurants and ingredients for them as well.

5) In the last few rounds of the lunar city, make sure you sell off what you can from completed food styles to get any available large recipies. When I played my last round I had one recipie worth $850 and two others over $600.

6) Make sure you chain combo where possible and put your drinks and soups on the most expensive item in positions 2 or three. A recipie worth $275 will have about $90 added to it when in position 3 and with a soup and drink.

Hope that helps?

dianaluna
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

Hate to hear "Oh...No!"

[Post New]by dianaluna on May 27, 10 12:40 PM
So happy & grateful for these tips. I love the game but have played twice and couldn't get through the Lunar restaurants. I wasted too many tokens on the machine upgrades--5 pts an upgrade is too dear; without high end recipes, you'll come up short no matter how fast your fingers fly. It's crushing when you work in a frenzy then hear that girl say, "OH No!" Thanks everyone for the much-needed pointers. I'm going to try it again from the beginning.

Go to: