VLewis138
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

Pirate Token PUzzle

[Post New]by VLewis138 on Jun 28, 15 11:32 AM
I/m in the castle. Stuck on getting the current pirate token box to open. Tried "hint" but it just keeps referring back to the puzzle box. Can't figure this out.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

Re:Pirate Token PUzzle

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Jun 28, 15 11:51 AM
This sound familiar. I had a Pirate Token that would work on a Puzzle Box. I checked my map & continued doing other things until later, I found another Puzzle Box the it worked on. Maybe the Devs did it to mess with people's heads.

Just keep playing. You'll find the other Puzzle Box.

HTH

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Jun 28, 15 3:21 PM
ganonsbane is very probably right. I remember having TWO cylinders at one time that needed tokens.

[Post New]by gamegalcat on Jun 28, 15 6:19 PM
I have gotten all my pirate scroll's and the last one WILL NOT open. I have the token in the inventory and the scroll with the highlighted "x" but it will not accept the token. I have reinstalled game etc. I am wondering if it's a glitch. Do report as I will and if you get it to work, please write back. Thx

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Jun 28, 15 8:56 PM
I just read through the entries in the Tech Issues thread, and there ARE other people who have reported a problem with a pirate token not going where it should.

I'm sorry if you end up being one of them! Best to report it with the rest. Maybe a "fix" will be quick in coming. I hope so.

Edited on 06/28/2015 at 8:57:27 PM PST

chatterlee
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by chatterlee on Jun 28, 15 9:04 PM
This has happened to me also. I solve the differences puzzle and the game suddenly stops and has to be re-opened. Second time playing this, cannot get through with game!

FionaPa
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by FionaPa on Jun 30, 15 4:46 AM
I have the same issue. Cant get the scroll to accept the token. Stuck with only 3 skulls.

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Jun 30, 15 12:43 PM
If you're having a tech issue, best to list it in the Tech Issues thread. Hopefully that will help getting a quick fix from the Developer.

bell65
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by bell65 on Jun 30, 15 4:00 PM
hi
im having same problem as fionapa...does anyon e know of a fix for this glitch?

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Jun 30, 15 5:22 PM
Been checking in, helping people off and on. No one has come up with one yet. Or, at least, they haven't listed it in the forum.

I know that several people have listed the problem in the tech issues thread. Probably best to do that so the Developer can know the scope of the problem.

Maybe a fix will happen sooner that way?

edit: It would be good to list your operating system too. Lots forget to add that info, but it IS helpful.

I'm playing on a PC, Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit. I had no technical issues.

I did have the glitchy drawer where the Libra sign was to be found. Had to "fiddle" with it a bit to get anything to happen, but I was able to pick it up in the end.

Saw quite a few others with that problem. Ganonsbane was REALLY helpful with that one.

Edited on 06/30/2015 at 5:31:19 PM PST

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Jun 30, 15 9:41 PM
FionaPa wrote:I have the same issue. Cant get the scroll to accept the token. Stuck with only 3 skulls.

There is a possibility that you missed a Pirate Token ( SG calls it a Talisman)
If you have made the potion then used it on Drake & are standing at the Skull gate with an unopened Scroll, you should have 2 Pirate Tokens.

Skull locations:

#1 Get Drake to go down the Well near the Gate with the Bird Puzzle using the MAKE SHIFT ROPE to get a Pirate TOKEN with Spot the Difference Puzzle. Use the TOKEN on the SCROLL from the Statue with the Golden Flowers. Take SKULL-1/4

#2. Get Drake to use the BOW & ARROW on the Target to open the Gate ( Map calls it 1st Floor Castle ). You pick up the Gargoyle Wing & Pirate TOKEN with Hexagon Puzzle. Use the TOKEN on the SCROLL you get by Pressing the Bricks after placing the ORB on the Seated Statue to the left at the Bottom of the Stairs in the Castle Hall. Take SKULL-2/4

#3. Use the BROOM on the Fireplace in the Servants Room then Press the Symbols. Take SKULL-3/4

#4. Give the VICTORIA DOLL to the Little Girl Ghost to get SKULL-4/4

PLUS you get a Pirate TOKEN with an Align the Rings Puzzle from the Kitchen Sink when you place the LEVER & Drain it. You Don' get the SCROLL for that TOKEN until you open the Skull Gate.

So if you have an Unopened SCROLL before going through the Skull Gate, you should have 2 Pirate TOKENS.

Just before placing the Skulls on the Gate, you should have 3 Items in you Inventory: MATCHES, SKULLS 4/4 & a SCROLL TOKEN. If you have anything else, you have missed something.

If you are trying to open the Skull Gate, Please include your Inventory Items in your post to make it easier to help you.

HTH

Edited on 07/01/2015 at 1:41:52 AM PST

Go to: