The Secret Garden Book

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:The Secret Garden Book

[Post New]by thistle809 on Aug 28, 08 6:02 AM
Okay, I must be completely dense, I am in the Secret Garden and have pruned the bushes, but when I try to plant the seeds, I get a message telling me that the flower beds need to be cleaned first. I have tried the trowel, that was wrong. Does anyone know what I need to do? I have the whistle, a full watering can, the trowel, seeds and the key to the gate. Colin is dressed and standing in his bedroom.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Aug 28, 08 6:04 AM
thistle, welcome to the forums. click the whistle on the bird and pick up grubs. I think this gives you a new page.

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Aug 28, 08 6:21 AM
Jennette29 and cesse47

Thanks to both of you! I finished the "gardening" and am on to other conundrums.

[Post New]by Jennette29 on Aug 28, 08 6:26 AM
Your welcome Happy gaming!

unicorn22
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by unicorn22 on Aug 28, 08 7:43 AM
i clicked on what to do next and it shows the trowel digging up the worm but when i try it it takes off time saying it does not work there

[Post New]by jackie1971 on Aug 28, 08 9:25 AM
I cant figure out the clean the flower bed puzzle, any help would be appreciated. thanks

flipking
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by flipking on Aug 28, 08 10:34 AM
so what do i do with the stick?

Staril
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by Staril on Aug 28, 08 10:36 AM
What might use a stick?

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Aug 28, 08 12:58 PM
napabeth, there is one tile that cannot move. It has a number 1 on it and is locked in place. The 1 means that only one side of one tile can touch it. Tiles have a 1, or a 2, or a 3. Each tile has 5 sides. If one has a 3 on it, that means that one side of three tiles can touch the tile with a 3 on it. If it has a 2, then one side of two tiles can touch it. If it has a 1, then one side of one tile can touch it.
...You have to string them out so that the correct number of sides are touching. They turn green when they are correct. Red means the tile is being touched by the wrong number of sides from other tiles.
...Hope these instructions are clear enough. Good Luck.

[Post New]by prestonpinky on Aug 28, 08 1:34 PM
Hi txlady369. Once you have 'fixed' the garden there is a red apple on the bush to left (where the green apples are). Collect it, then once you have dressed colins, given him the apple and he will go to the garden.

Edited on 08/28/2008 at 3:27:36 PM PST

[Post New]by Jennette29 on Aug 28, 08 4:34 PM
the card is found on the first page of the book. Have you uncovered the picture already? If not, you'll see it fall or it will simply be lying on the dresser.

marnie57
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by marnie57 on Aug 29, 08 3:35 PM
Thank you bmackenz, I'll keep trying, but I never got the concept of Minesweeper.

laurah65
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by laurah65 on Aug 29, 08 4:48 PM
Would someone please help me solve the Secret Garden mini puzzle game I have arrange the tiles as stated in the forum and in the strategy guide. BFG Strategy Guide it is not much help in the secret garden mini puzzles needs better instructions.. There is really not much of an instruction on how to solve the mini puzzle. I know the Strategy guide is not any help if I have to come to the forum to get help. I am not trying to be funny only telling the truth. Can someone please tell me how to solve the mini puzzle game in the Secret Garden Book. BFG can you publish another Strategy Guide with better instructions it will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Somebody please help me help! help!!.

loriisi
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by loriisi on Aug 30, 08 7:36 PM
Help! How do I get that Colin out of bed? I restored the garden and tried to give him an apple but he says he doesn't want to go outside!

Edited on 08/30/2008 at 7:41:08 PM PST

dlap
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by dlap on Aug 30, 08 8:30 PM
You need to give Colin his clothes. He'll get dress then give him the apple from the secret garden (the red one) and then don't forget to take off the cloth on the picture once Colin is gone. This is where the card is.

MadPoet
Herring
Herring
317 Posts

[Post New]by MadPoet on Aug 30, 08 8:36 PM
laurah65 wrote: Can someone please tell me how to solve the mini puzzle game in the Secret Garden Book.

Personally, I found it easier to work through the small numbers first.

If there is a section where there only needs to be 1 object, fill them in first.
Someone said think Minesweeper.

Take for instance a 1. Only one square of the four surrounding the number can have an object in it.

For a 3, 3 of the four need to be filled.

You need to take into account the other numbers that the squares touch.

I hope this helps a little more.

[Post New]by Nana1802 on Sep 1, 08 8:49 PM
I got it figured out...went back and changed the way I did things and sure enough, the apple showed up!! Sorry for being a dummy....

[Post New]by db7weisner on Sep 2, 08 12:25 PM
I can't find the red apple. I've completed everything and double checked with the Strategy Guide, but no red apple or green apples for that mater to be found. I found the bush on the left-hand side. I clicked on the hint and a circle went around the green bush, but that's about it. I've tried pruning the bush, troweling the bush, but nothing happens. Any ideas?

[Post New]by db7weisner on Sep 2, 08 1:25 PM
I found the problem. I was playing in the Relaxed mode. I decided to try the game in the timed mode and The Secret Garden worked fine. However, in the Relaxed mode the bush does not turn into beautiful white flowers, nor does the red apple appear.

sillyfeet
Stingray
Stingray
5,447 Posts

[Post New]by sillyfeet on Sep 2, 08 1:31 PM
I played in relaxed and I had no trouble getting the red apple to appear, so I don't know if you might have just had a glitch in your game. But I'm glad you got it working.

Go to: