The World of Oz Book

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

The World of Oz Book

[Post New]by bfgErie on Aug 28, 08 12:50 AM
A little machine oil can get those rusty parts moving again.

This is just one hint for one of the many puzzles in book titled The World of Oz. If you have questions, hints or comments about any of the puzzles in this book, please post them in this discussion thread.

runt
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

Re:The World of Oz Book

[Post New]by runt on Aug 28, 08 6:44 PM
help with tin man in the maze can't seem to move him. keeps going back-forth in same direction.

[Post New]by Anonymous on Aug 28, 08 8:38 PM
Use the magnet. It will pull the Tin Man in a new direction.

GinaBean
Manatee
Manatee
4,361 Posts

[Post New]by GinaBean on Aug 28, 08 8:39 PM
I can't capture the chicken. Any suggestions?

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Aug 28, 08 8:42 PM
Hey Gina, not positive ... but I think there is one square to left of center that has only one opening. You need to move the chicken into that square. I think all the others have more than one access.

[Post New]by Tiggeriffic4287 on Aug 29, 08 6:38 AM
I'm using the tin man with the magnet, but I am STUCK... ok, not me, but the tin man. He is stuck between the grass wall and a hole. I accidentally clicked the magnet at the wrong time and he turned toward the wall and now I can't get him out!! I have an image if there is a way to post it?

PLEASE HELP!!! Is there a way to restart the book? I've got a whole 30 minutes left on the timer!

Thanks!

Edited on 08/29/2008 at 6:40:05 AM PST

[Post New]by Jessiejean123 on Aug 29, 08 7:04 AM
I have chopped down the trees, but can't get the tin man over the hedges - How do I do this?
Jessie.

[Post New]by KarenSue50 on Aug 29, 08 7:08 AM
HI Everyone! Im new here and just wanted to post and say hello and hope to get to talk to you all in the future...

[Post New]by dolphincarrie1 on Aug 29, 08 8:01 AM
I'm having the same problem with the tin man being stuck. I have tried magnet in many places, he won't move. Can't seem to find a way to start book over either.

[Post New]by Tiggeriffic4287 on Aug 29, 08 8:35 AM
dolphincarrie1 wrote:I'm having the same problem with the tin man being stuck. I have tried magnet in many places, he won't move. Can't seem to find a way to start book over either.

Nice to know I'm not the only one having this problem!!

Anyone know what can be done please?? I restarted the game and don't want it to happen again!!

edit Never mind... I restarted the whole game and finished it already. I'm surprised that a tech or mod didn't help...

Edited on 08/29/2008 at 11:51:46 AM PST

englaize
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by englaize on Aug 29, 08 3:51 PM
Same thing here, Tinman is stuck and I cannot get him out, figure I will just let the timer run out and start again unless anyone has a solution. Thanks and happy game playing.

[Post New]by AlaskaGirl67 on Aug 29, 08 3:54 PM
I'm stuck too with the tin man. I'm really close to the shoes but there is one tree in my way. It says I can't use the ax or magnet here. I honestly am stuck. I really love this game though! There are not enough of these type of games!

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Aug 29, 08 5:01 PM
jamary - I don't know if there is a way to start an individual puzzle over or how to proceed if the Tinman is actually stuck. You may need to skip that puzzle, which you can do a limited number of times by clicking on the spheres on the left side of the portrait of the "Hint Man" as you called him. (I can't remember his name )

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Aug 29, 08 9:16 PM
jamary wrote:Hey Poodlebear thanks alot, I just skipped that whole puzzle. Didn't realize i could skip puzzles. Finally moved on
Hey, sorry you had to move on but glad I helped. I am playing the game a 2nd time on relaxed mode and I did discover (which would have solved your problem I think) that there is a "reset" button at the bottom which resets the current book. Letting the timer run out leaves your progress where it was, but reset starts you over on that book. I don't think you can restart *just* the mini-game, but you can start over on any given book.

[Post New]by penhar on Aug 30, 08 3:40 AM
AlaskaGirl67 wrote:I'm stuck too with the tin man. I'm really close to the shoes but there is one tree in my way. It says I can't use the ax or magnet here. I honestly am stuck. I really love this game though! There are not enough of these type of games!

Make sure you put the axe down by the roots of the tree. If you try to chop with the axe on the top of the tree or even the trunk, it says you can't use the axe in that part of the maze. Good luck!

penhar

[Post New]by AlaskaGirl67 on Aug 30, 08 1:30 PM
Thank you so much Penhar!

That was exactly my problem. Apparently, I chopped the first tree down correctly but not the second one.

Alaska Girl

GmaGale
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by GmaGale on Aug 30, 08 5:23 PM
You have 2 boards, and will use them again on the maze. Once the Tin Man has moved across a board (plank), you can pick it up and move it to a new spot.

Magnet: as long as it's on the same row as the Tin Man, he will move towards it. If you watch his path, you can get him to move over by puttiing the magnet on a square next to his path. I did notice the magnet "times out", but you'll figure it out.

He doesn't go through the hedges. And trees can be chopped down.

cookeemama
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by cookeemama on Aug 30, 08 5:31 PM
cookeemama wrote:
Tiggeriffic4287 wrote:I'm using the tin man with the magnet, but I am STUCK... ok, not me, but the tin man. He is stuck between the grass wall and a hole. I accidentally clicked the magnet at the wrong time and he turned toward the wall and now I can't get him out!! I have an image if there is a way to post it?

I'm having the same problem. I got the shoes. But turned the tin woodman the wrong way and he's now trying to walk thru the hedge. No matter where I put the magnet I'm told either I can't do that there or nothing happens.

I also would like to start that book again, but can't find a way to do it w/o starting the whole game over.

ajones7252
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by ajones7252 on Sep 6, 08 8:02 AM
Thanks Penhar, I was not using the axe at the base of the tree. It got the shoes and Dorothy is on her way home. LOL

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

[Post New]by lineck on Sep 7, 08 6:09 AM
I am havinng the same problem with the tin man he is in the wrong direction and will not move for me, love the game but the tin man is maddening and now I cannot get any further with the books until I get the shoes

Go to: